Unoffical car meet in Buffalo, NY - wow

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
CoolJ

Unoffical car meet in Buffalo, NY - wow

Post by CoolJ »

My pics came out realllllly bad. :o

Anyways, there is a Forum for Cars/Street racing/Car help for the buffalo ny area. Every sunday everyone meets up, I went with some buddies, and it was HUGE! I had an awesome time. This wasnt organized or anything.

Sucky pics:

** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
My IROC-Z28
drdoug99
SG Elite

Post by drdoug99 »

that looks awesome man. you do any racing?
CoolJ

Post by CoolJ »

Nope, The police didn't break it up, but they watched us like hawks. My pics came out horrible because I didn't use the flash, the pics don't do any justice!
My IROC-Z28
misio66661

Post by misio66661 »

hey do you have any idea where it was? I was lookin for some legal and illegal races, meetings, cruise nights, and stuff like that in Western New York, mostly in Buffalo, but I can't find anything :(
brembo

Post by brembo »

Pickin in the bone yard eh?
Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

brembo wrote:Pickin in the bone yard eh?
He was hungry. BBQed necrobumps taste best.
Sliding down the banister of life ..........................
mountainman
SG VIP

Post by mountainman »

misio66661

Post by misio66661 »

lol yeah, i am, sorry :) Someone told me that there are some illegal street races in buffalo, but i can't find anything about it, i would really want to go and race :)
CoolJ

Post by CoolJ »

Holy old post. Haha. Yes, those "activities" still happen. Where in Buffalo are you?
My IROC-Z28
mountainman
SG VIP

Post by mountainman »

CoolJ wrote:Holy old post. Haha. Yes, those "activities" still happen. Where in Buffalo are you?
NOS shop?
Gixxer
SG Elite

Post by Gixxer »

misio66661 wrote:lol yeah, i am, sorry :) Someone told me that there are some illegal street races in buffalo, but i can't find anything about it, i would really want to go and race :)

what do you drive?
a.k.a. GSXR 750
misio66661

Post by misio66661 »

well i live in cheektowaga, i live off French Road. I've got 97 twin turbo supra ;) Just kiddin, i wish. I have 98 Monte Carlo :P but still, i just wanna go and watch others, maybe race some other older slower cars :)
misio66661

Post by misio66661 »

and of course there is no answer for a month :(
PsykoPenguin

Post by PsykoPenguin »

lol, meh, I'll bump this thread for j00 that way you get some sort of reply. :p
and
I was wondering why there were no pics and just one big blank space. Then I realize, the post is from 2002.
"I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"
mountainman
SG VIP

Post by mountainman »

misio66661 wrote:and of course there is no answer for a month :(
People aren't posting the dates/locations of their illegal street races on a public forum?

HOLY ****, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

UFB

:rolleyes:
CoolJ

Post by CoolJ »

Gixxer wrote:what do you drive?

:)

Misio66661, there is no racing going on now. It cold and crappy out. In the spring and summer, going to the car "meets" is where the good stuff happens. PM me.
My IROC-Z28
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

CoolJ.... dumb question but the answer eludes me.

How did you get that black car to look so damn nice? I strip mine down, polish it with a buffer, clay it, wax it and it still has spider webs. I buy the good stuff and take my time. I want that glass look but it just doesn't seem to happen. I'm thinking the only thing left to do is have it re-painted and have several coats of clear coat applied.

Suggestions?

*sweet supercharger!*
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.
misio66661

Post by misio66661 »

lol i know this was a dumb question, no one's gonna say where the races are on public forum but u could PM me ;) I asked that question here, cause this is like the only one topic and thread i found about street racing in Buffalo, NY. Does any one know any other forums online about cars, racing, etc, in Western New York? Thanks.

CoolJ,
That's a really nice IROC ;) I was looking to buy one of those but u can't really drive them in Buffalo due to weather season (winter) :)
CoolJ

Post by CoolJ »

MadDoctor, what kind of buffer do you have? If you are buffing and still have swirl marks, it's one of two things. The polish your buffing with isn't aggressive enough, or the pad you are using isn't aggressive enough.

For example, I buffed my car with Optimum Polish (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumpolish.html) and a white buffing pad (minor cutting ability). When I finished buffing, there were still swirls. So I jumped to a more aggressive orange buffing pad. This got all of my swirls out. If it didn't, the next step would have been to go to a more aggressive polish/compound such as Optimum Compound (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimum-compound.html).

Some cars have a very hard clear coat. A lot of people can just use the Optimum Polish and a white pad. I could not, my clear is way too hard.

Heres a nice list of the colored pads and their correction ability: http://autogeek.net/lc-ccs-6inch-pads.html
My IROC-Z28
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hey Cool J!

You have kept that car in great shape and done a lot of upgrades, it seems! Good job!
misio66661

Post by misio66661 »

yea, it's really nice, I just got into a car accident today :(
CoolJ

Post by CoolJ »

Ken wrote:Hey Cool J!

You have kept that car in great shape and done a lot of upgrades, it seems! Good job!

Yes, this car is my money pit. I just upgraded all the suspension this year. Next spring it's time to tear into the engine.
My IROC-Z28
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

CoolJ wrote:MadDoctor, what kind of buffer do you have? If you are buffing and still have swirl marks, it's one of two things. The polish your buffing with isn't aggressive enough, or the pad you are using isn't aggressive enough.

For example, I buffed my car with Optimum Polish (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumpolish.html) and a white buffing pad (minor cutting ability). When I finished buffing, there were still swirls. So I jumped to a more aggressive orange buffing pad. This got all of my swirls out. If it didn't, the next step would have been to go to a more aggressive polish/compound such as Optimum Compound (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimum-compound.html).

Some cars have a very hard clear coat. A lot of people can just use the Optimum Polish and a white pad. I could not, my clear is way too hard.

Heres a nice list of the colored pads and their correction ability: http://autogeek.net/lc-ccs-6inch-pads.html
Excellent choices, I love the optimum products. Do you use an Orbital or Circular? I use the porter cable orbital and it has done wonders for me on all my cars and trucks. :thumb:
CoolJ

Post by CoolJ »

Rainbow wrote:Excellent choices, I love the optimum products. Do you use an Orbital or Circular? I use the porter cable orbital and it has done wonders for me on all my cars and trucks. :thumb:
Yea, it's great. I have a orbital.
My IROC-Z28
eg716

Post by eg716 »

i no this is realy old but is it still going on
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yes, CoolJ still comes around. Give him a bit of time and he will reply. You may want to PM him...
dmcqs

Post by dmcqs »

Hey guys im selling this beauty 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS:
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3951205530.html

make me an offer!