Dash Cams - Any elegant solutions?

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
Easto
SG Elite

Dash Cams - Any elegant solutions?

Post by Easto »

I recently purchased a new SUV and would like to install a forward looking dash cam. My problem is that I don't want to have external wires exposed. Is this even a thing? Does anyone make a wireless dash cam that would talk to your phone and let you record on your phone?
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I found my solution...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08167R5M3/re ... UTF8&psc=1

I might have to shorten the power cable a bit but that shouldn't be too hard once I have the pinout diagram. Besides, it's just going to be a power connection and no data.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Interesting solution, I guess most new models have power mirrors.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
techy

Post by techy »

This one is great: The Garmin Dash Cam 67W. It can be used as a regular front-facing dash came, but it can be used as a dual dashcam, too. That's thanks to Garmin’s smart Dash Cam Auto Sync feature, where up to four compatible cameras can be set to record at the same time. It records in 1440p at 60 frames per second and with HDR.