electric vehicle questions?

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
rickoic

electric vehicle questions?

Post by rickoic »

I have tried in vain to find answers to these questions.

1. How long will the batteries last before they will need replaced. (Realize that there will be a range attached to this answer as battery life depends on several things)

2. When needed to replace them what is the price range is to the installation of new batteries.

3. How long does it take to rrechare a battery after driving it 250 miles? (Again a range is expected)

Tks
rickoic
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

1. 300k+ miles? Depends on the EV, they will lose a bit of capacity over time.

2. 10k+, depending on vehicle/capacity, etc. You can try pricing them if you know what brand/model you're looking at.

3. If you are charging at home, with a 220v outlet, it would be like 30 miles per hour, so you pretty much need to leave it 8+ hours to fully charge. If you use one of the Tesla fast chargers though (they have them at some gas stations), it takes 20 minutes to get up to 80% capacity on the batteries, so by the time you have coffee and a snack it's ready to go another 200+ miles.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
rickoic

Post by rickoic »

Philip wrote:1. 300k+ miles? Depends on the EV, they will lose a bit of capacity over time.

2. 10k+, depending on vehicle/capacity, etc. You can try pricing them if you know what brand/model you're looking at.

3. If you are charging at home, with a 220v outlet, it would be like 30 miles per hour, so you pretty much need to leave it 8+ hours to fully charge. If you use one of the Tesla fast chargers though (they have them at some gas stations), it takes 20 minutes to get up to 80% capacity on the batteries, so by the time you have coffee and a snack it's ready to go another 200+ miles.

Thanks Phillip.

Understand like all rechargable batteries they wear down on amout of charge with each recharge. So 300k miles approx would generally be the life of the vehicle which would be important if you are buying a used ev.

Probably ev would be going to the salvage yard before you had to replace from normal wear, unless accident where insurance company would probably junk it out rather than repari/replace it.

So charging isn't really a big problem with ev slots with chargers beginning to pop up in parking garages as well as some filling stations.
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Yeah, charging stations are more and more common these days, it will only increase in the coming years it seems. Government is trying to unify them so people with different brands/models can use them all.

Ranges, battery life and charge times vary between vehicles though, newer ones tend to be much better than 10-year old models.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑