Finally bought a buffer

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
Easto
SG Elite

Finally bought a buffer

Post by Easto »

I've always washed/cleaned/polished/waxed my cars by hand. I consider myself able to do a pretty good job (I always get compliments from the neighbors). But with age comes a lot more pain after doing it. Also, I wanted something to cut down on the time I spend doing it. Since I've never handled a DA polisher I decided to start slow and just did the hood of the Honda. I could not believe how nice it came out. So then I decided to do the Caddy. Maybe it' was just approaching it slowly or just beginner's luck... but it came out looking fantastic. I'm kicking myself for not doing this early. Since I take great pride in keeping my vehicles in good order (by myself) I just couldn't convince myself to take it to someone else to do the detailing.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I've never actually used one of those before
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I must have watched about a million videos on how to do it properly and not damaged your car. I was fortunate enough that my 2 cars are in pretty good condition to start with so only a light polish brought them back to life. It still takes a little time since you're usually doing just 1 small section at a time, but the results are 3 times as nice as by doing it by hand. I think the trick is to not go too overboard and start slow. I'm really happy and looking forward to improving my skills and techniques. I would never go back to doing it by hand.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Sounds like you have it figured out now :) I've done my car a couple of times by hand, but I don't have the patience for it. Buffed my motorcycle wheel spokes a few times, but it was a chore, I eventually replaced the whole wheel.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑