Replacing 93 Pathfinder door handle

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
Humboldt

Replacing 93 Pathfinder door handle

Post by Humboldt »

How straight forward is replacing the handle?

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=11371 ... 11921+9369

Thanks.

Trying some JB Weld now as a quick fix, it would take a lot to make this day any worse.

Looks like the handle is cheap, can this be done from the outside? I assume I'd have to take the inside panel off and from there it'd be easy, but I also assume if I try that I'll break even more stuff.
Remove the plug inside the interior armrest and remove phillips screw. Revome armrest and two screws that hold door panel to doorframe. Pop the outer cover off the interior door handle. Remove the interior lock knob and remove door panel by popping out tabs connnected to doorframe and lifting up off of window ledge. Remove the two nuts holding exterior handle in place. disconnect the L shaped linkage from the handle.

The trick to getting the L shaped linkage into the new handle is to feed L shaped metal pole through hole in door where exterior handle was, leaving the lower end of this linkage in its slot. Next, feed the end of L shaped pole through the plastic 'hinge' in new handle by folding the hinge over and pushing the end of the L through both sides of the plastic hinge at once. slide the lower loop of the plastic hinge down the L shaped pole to secure pole to handle. Place new handle into door and reverse the process to reinstall interior panel.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_re ... z1M0hz1lff
Dan

Post by Dan »

have you fixed it yet ? it is done from the inside with the panel off,I replace those all the time ,it's a piece of cake,

really all you need is a phillips and a 10mm socket.

once you get the door panel off and roll the window all the way up,you'll see it's pretty simple.
buddyko

Post by buddyko »

i did the replacement for this 93 Pathfinder door handle by removing the plug inside the interior armrest using the philips screw. remove the armrest and two screws which holds the door panel to door frame. Pop the outer cover off the inside home manage. Eliminate the inside lock button and take away home panel by taking out an eye connected to door frame and raising up off of window display. Eliminate the two crazy holding outside manage in place. detachment the L designed linkage from the manage.
nissan<spam link removed> for frozen door panel Heres the new TSB number. TSB number ( NTO 05118 )