I sooo want this bike

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
PsykoPenguin

I sooo want this bike

Post by PsykoPenguin »

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Mo ... ecial.html

If I only had the money...

I guess I can only dream... *sigh*
Maybe Santa will get it for me? :p
"I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

I would have thought this would be more your style:

http://www.dryvit.com/fileshare/doc/bik ... ner_lg.jpg
Dan

Post by Dan »

PsykoPenguin wrote:http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Mo ... ecial.html

I like the v-rod too,I will have one in a couple years,it's been too long since I have been on 2 wheels :(
PsykoPenguin

Post by PsykoPenguin »

YARDofSTUF wrote:I would have thought this would be more your style:

http://www.dryvit.com/fileshare/doc/bik ... ner_lg.jpg
Somehow everyone thinks that... lol, even my family.
I like the bulky/stylish look, it sort of reminds me of how the Gallardo and Murciélago look except it'd be in bike form.
Also on top of that I'd like to add some kind of back seat to take maddocs favorite sheep out for a stroll.
PsykoPenguin

Post by PsykoPenguin »

Dan wrote:I like the v-rod too,I will have one in a couple years,it's been too long since I have been on 2 wheels :(

I haven't had a whole lot of experience with a bike so in a sense I'm still a virgin sadly.
Most of my family doesn't like the idea of getting of a bike, the only ones supportive are my brothers and my cousin.
Now if it were a car it'd be more like "oh yeah sure son, here take some of this money to help get a new car"
But when it comes to the bike "You're S.O.L."

Though I'm glad you'll have one in a couple of years, I'm sure I'll get one within a decade or six.
Maybe if you and I are still around in a couple of years I'll hit you up to see how well it rides... assuming you've gotten the new bike.
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

I don't really see the Lambo look in it, have seen some nice custom bikes that I felt brought the look out though, so maybe thats why. Still its a very nice looking bike.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

The V-Rods are quite a bike....when they first came out I loved them (I still do). Especially do like the black versions of many of the models they have, the Nightster, the Night Train, many of the black denim Street Bobs. And of course mine! :)

Got mine out for about a 1.5 hour ride today, temps got close to 40.
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

PsykoPenguin wrote:http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Mo ... ecial.html

I want a trike similar to this. However I think my mom’s going to s**t ten litters of kittens when I pull up. Due to a serious unfortunate series of events, I’ve been rendered single again. I’m ready to ride. I miss riding more than sex. I can’t screw my bike but it doesn’t backtalk either. It may just happen if my health holds up. I’m ready to ride more than ever.

Sliding down the banister of life ..........................
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

PsykoPenguin wrote:I haven't had a whole lot of experience with a bike so in a sense I'm still a virgin sadly.
Most of my family doesn't like the idea of getting of a bike, the only ones supportive are my brothers and my cousin.
Now if it were a car it'd be more like "oh yeah sure son, here take some of this money to help get a new car"
But when it comes to the bike "You're S.O.L."

Though I'm glad you'll have one in a couple of years, I'm sure I'll get one within a decade or six.
Maybe if you and I are still around in a couple of years I'll hit you up to see how well it rides... assuming you've gotten the new bike.
Do yourself a favor and take the MSF course. It drops insurance too.
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:The V-Rods are quite a bike....when they first came out I loved them (I still do). Especially do like the black versions of many of the models they have, the Nightster, the Night Train, many of the black denim Street Bobs. And of course mine! :)

Got mine out for about a 1.5 hour ride today, temps got close to 40.
Not many people are aware the V-Rod is a joint venture between Porsche and Harley.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

RoundEye wrote:Not many people are aware the V-Rod is a joint venture between Porsche and Harley.

Yup! Took an outside influence to get the MoCo to think outside their usual box. The V-Rod would never have emerged like it did if it's design was kept in house.
I do admire it a lot. There's a guy that lives down the street from me a ways that has one, my ear can always pick out his arrival before I see him...they do have a rather unusual sound. I do admire the bike...but if I had 20k, that's not the Harley I'd get, I do prefer the more classic cruisers.
Guinness for Strength!!!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I prefer the more classic HD look and riding position as well, but V-Rods still look great :) I didn't know Porsche had something to do with the design, that IS interesting info.

Some states require the MSF course for a motorcycle endorcement now... I know I had to go through it in FL, it is definitely a good thing !
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

Y’all are going to reach through the monitor and choke me, I think the V-Rod is one ugly bike.
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:Yup! Took an outside influence to get the MoCo to think outside their usual box. The V-Rod would never have emerged like it did if it's design was kept in house.
I do admire it a lot. There's a guy that lives down the street from me a ways that has one, my ear can always pick out his arrival before I see him...they do have a rather unusual sound. I do admire the bike...but if I had 20k, that's not the Harley I'd get, I do prefer the more classic cruisers.
I think the V-Rod is their first venture into water cooling. In a few years I bet you can’t even buy an air cooled bike. The ones made now are so lean they barely run. It’s not like you can just raise the needle in the carb to get the drivability back. Most are fuel-injected, computer controlled now. Now you need a Power Commander and a computer degree to improve drivability.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

My Deuce is with a carb, 1450cc Twin Cam, dynoed @ ~75HP (new pipes and jetted carb), pretty happy with it.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

RoundEye wrote:I think the V-Rod is their first venture into water cooling. ...Most are fuel-injected, computer controlled now. Now you need a Power Commander and a computer degree to improve drivability

For a production street bike, yes. Harley has made h2o cooled engines before...the V-Rod (Revolution engine) is based off of the liquid cooled 60 degree v-twin from their VR-1000 racing bike....vs the 45 degree air cooled twins they've otherwise used in most of their bikes.

The FI is actually nice. She fires up on the first push of the start button, no stalling or coughing when it's cold, and that first 1/2 mile of riding and approaching stop signs 'n lights...no worries about keeping her from stalling and playing with the choke. Low rpm smoothness....rather quick throttle response. Pretty much the only complaint I see of of the FI models is that the idle is too high (1050rpm) and fixed....so guys can't lower the idle to 800 to get that "potato potato" extra slow and lumpy idle.
Guinness for Strength!!!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I've heard people say that low rpm is bad for air cooled engines, it can also contribute to chugging... So it is probably not a bad thing that the idle is set a bit higher <shrug>.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Philip wrote:I've heard people say that low rpm is bad for air cooled engines, it can also contribute to chugging... So it is probably not a bad thing that the idle is set a bit higher <shrug>.

I've heard too low of an RPM can be bad...yes, the engine can starve for oil..not enough pressure to get to the top of the lungs and coat things. I think bikes that get super low RPM..like 600...I suppose prolonged idle...can starve it.
Guinness for Strength!!!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

And oil is directly related to cooling in an air-cooled engine...
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

My Ducati was air/oil cooled. Every time I got stuck in traffic in the French Quarter the damn light came on. An air cooled bike just has a sleeker look to it, no radiator hanging off the front.
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

Upon a second look at the bike, I like it. It reminds me of the street brawler, muscle bike look somewhat like the old V-Max’s.

I bet some carbon fiber slip-ons would set it off. Sound and look wise.