Went window shopping for a car today.

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
Easto
SG Elite

Went window shopping for a car today.

Post by Easto »

We went to a couple of dealerships wanting to get up close, touchy feely with a couple of cars we were interested in. We're not ready to buy, we don't have to buy but the wife and I have decided that within the next several months a new car is in our future.

Everything was quite relaxed until we got to the Chevy dealership. This sales lady would not leave us alone. She was one of those hard core sales reps. She starts out by trying to compliment my wife of the purse she has. Then starts telling us about all the deals over and over. I politely told her 3 times that we were just looking and would really like some time to ourselves. She would walk about a cars length away and then start back up again. I don't think my body language could have been clearer. I must have told her 5 or 6 times we were just looking. Finally I just turned to my wife and said let's get out of here. This lady still wouldn't leave us alone. As I'm getting into our car (ignoring her) she is still saying "you never know, you might be a future customer. Can I get your phone number?". I just closed the door and drove away.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Easto wrote:We went to a couple of dealerships wanting to get up close, touchy feely with a couple of cars we were interested in. We're not ready to buy, we don't have to buy but the wife and I have decided that within the next several months a new car is in our future.

Everything was quite relaxed until we got to the Chevy dealership. This sales lady would not leave us alone. She was one of those hard core sales reps. She starts out by trying to compliment my wife of the purse she has. Then starts telling us about all the deals over and over. I politely told her 3 times that we were just looking and would really like some time to ourselves. She would walk about a cars length away and then start back up again. I don't think my body language could have been clearer. I must have told her 5 or 6 times we were just looking. Finally I just turned to my wife and said let's get out of here. This lady still wouldn't leave us alone. As I'm getting into our car (ignoring her) she is still saying "you never know, you might be a future customer. Can I get your phone number?". I just closed the door and drove away.

at that point,I wouldn't have been so polite
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Dan wrote:at that point,I wouldn't have been so polite

I'm usually not that polite but the wife doesn't like it when I go berzerk in public.