Harley came home with me this weekend

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Harley came home with me this weekend

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

2006 Harley FXDB Custom
Started life out as a "Street Bob"
Previous owner removed the half ape bars and installed Super Glide bars
Removed Harley name badges on tank, painted tank and fenders gloss black (the Street Bob comes in Denim Black)
49mm front forks
6 speed
Fuel Injected 1450cc (88) Twin Cam
Screamin' Eagle II exhaust
Performance Intake...also came with a larger Screamin' Eagle intake which I'll put on soon
Only had 11k miles on it
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

Cool

Yeah, I like bars like that or drag bars. Those high Apehangers can make your hands fall asleep on a long ride or make it difficult to pull your ass off the seat should something pop up in the road.
Sliding down the banister of life ..........................
Dan

Post by Dan »

:nod: :thumb: yep ! pretty nice !

I'm jealous
Ronny
Advanced Member

Post by Ronny »

good looking ride. have fun but be safe.
Dan

Post by Dan »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:2006 Harley FXDB Custom
Started life out as a "Street Bob"
Previous owner removed the half ape bars and installed Super Glide bars
Removed Harley name badges on tank, painted tank and fenders gloss black (the Street Bob comes in Denim Black)
49mm front forks
6 speed
Fuel Injected 1450cc (88) Twin Cam
Screamin' Eagle II exhaust
Performance Intake...also came with a larger Screamin' Eagle intake which I'll put on soon
Only had 11k miles on it
also I like the rough sandblasted finish on the engine cases and trans,low maintenance,easy to clean.I had my shovel head like that,and I just sprayed on simple green and hosed it off,and bam ! clean !

nice bike Brian.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Nice ride !!!

I missed that thread somehow...

The only pain for me is cleaning those wheel laces.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

RoundEye wrote:Cool

Yeah, I like bars like that or drag bars. Those high Apehangers can make your hands fall asleep on a long ride or make it difficult to pull your ass off the seat should something pop up in the road.
Yeah I'm not a fan of apes. The prior owner gave me the original apes that the bike came with, he put on the more standard glide bars. He also gave me the screaming eagle football shaped ac that came with the performance intake kit, I think I'll mount that on a nice wood plaque and hang it on the wall in my man cave, by the bar and pool table. Also gave me the original pipes. I may keep those for backup in case the bike takes a fall on that side. These particular screaming eagle pipes are nice..she idles fairly quietly ( just a little louder than stock)...yet a roll of the right wrist..and she'll let out some good Harley bark.

Only thing I found out about this bike after bringing it home..that the primary makes a bit of noise. In doing some research in various HD forums, I found that the 06 models (first year of the 6 spd) had a rather bad inner primary bearing design...no alignment dowels. It appears that Harley moco is making amends to this by doing a "goodwill warranty at no cost to the owner" repair on it....if you can find a good HD dealership that knows about this. Also finding that many dealers are resistant to doing this, or requiring owner to do some sort of payment on it. Mine (the IPB) isn't hideously loud, but it's in the back of my mind. Sounds sort of like if you were rolling a metal skateboard wheel quickly with your hands. Even if I had to repair the IPB all out of my pocket, the bike still ends up being a great price all said and done. Everything else is very immaculate on it. Very comfy bike when riding 2-up....and since my wife pretty much grew up on Harleys since she was a baby, she's a great rider on the back...I don't even know she's there except when she rests her chin on my shoulder...or I hit the brakes hard and her double D's smoosh into my back. :D

Only mods I plan on doing soon is to get forward controls...as I'm tall, 6'4", the mid controls can cramp my right leg after a while.
Guinness for Strength!!!
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Dan wrote:also I like the rough sandblasted finish on the engine cases and trans,low maintenance,easy to clean.I had my shovel head like that,and I just sprayed on simple green and hosed it off,and bam ! clean !

nice bike Brian.
Thanks Dan,
yeah I like the flat black wrinkle finish too...combined with the polished tops.

Usually the Street Bob models come with denim paint on the tank, finding one with gloss black was nice. No decals or emblems or stripes..I like that. Gotta get those reflectors off of the forks. And will swap out the orange turn sigs with smoked LEDs.
Guinness for Strength!!!