I bought a new camera for travel

Multimedia, digital images, photography, video, audio, related software, Photo[C]hopping, desktop screenshots, wallpapers, personal photos, digital cameras, pictures you'd like to share, digital video, avi, mpeg encoding, audio, mp3s, FLAC, codecs, etc.
Dan

I bought a new camera for travel

Post by Dan »

I got tired of the bulk & weight of my 50D & 4 lenses when traveling,

I ordered one of these yesterday

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Cyber-shot ... DSCRX100/B

and this too in 32gb version

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory- ... s-1-45mbs/

can't wait to play with it,we are leaving for Kauai on the 17th for 10 days,I am really looking forward to carrying this around instead :)
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I have to agree with you about dragging around a larger DSLR and the associated equipment. I've actually left it all at home just because I didn't want to deal with it wherever I was going. I've been thinking about something small too. Something to use when I'm just taking "snapshots" and not really interested in getting too involved with a "classic" photo.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Easto wrote:I have to agree with you about dragging around a larger DSLR and the associated equipment. I've actually left it all at home just because I didn't want to deal with it wherever I was going. I've been thinking about something small too. Something to use when I'm just taking "snapshots" and not really interested in getting too involved with a "classic" photo.
well if you read the reviews,this does take "classic dslr" quality shots,it has a Zeiss lens,20mp,and a crazy amount of features,

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/ ... 00_review/

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/07/2 ... ra-review/
Rivas

Post by Rivas »

Very nice camera but it doesn't have wifi.
To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata
Dan

Post by Dan »

I did a lot of reading & research before I bought this one,everybody is talking about wifi,I just don't see a need for it,for my use.

wifi in a camera is not a must have for me,besides,there are plenty of sd/wifi cards if I do find a use for wifi in a camera,

why is wifi in a camera important to you ? to upload pics to a pc or lt ?

I don't mind uploading from a card or usb cable,

it would take forever to upload 5gb of a days shooting via wifi,

I shoot RAW and the files are pretty large.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I've run my DSLR "tethered" before. Not bad but I only see it as being useful in a studio setup where one person is doing the shooting and another is checking the shot for immediate feedback to the shooter.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Easto wrote:I've run my DSLR "tethered" before. Not bad but I only see it as being useful in a studio setup where one person is doing the shooting and another is checking the shot for immediate feedback to the shooter.
ya,I've seen that in reviews,but I don't do much studio shooting with an assistant, :p

and if I did,it would be with my 50D and one of my good lenses.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Wow, looks great... A bit pricey for a compact, but you get a good size sensor and f1.8..
downhill

Post by downhill »

wifi for me would be too slow. I shoot in RAW and those are large files. It's faster to just stick my card in my card reader and dump what I'm working on into a RAW editor. Tons faster .
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.