my dvd player has frozen :(

Multimedia, digital images, photography, video, audio, related software, Photo[C]hopping, desktop screenshots, wallpapers, personal photos, digital cameras, pictures you'd like to share, digital video, avi, mpeg encoding, audio, mp3s, FLAC, codecs, etc.
9mmprincess

my dvd player has frozen :(

Post by 9mmprincess »

it was fine yesterday, and now today I went to do my Jillian Michaels Six Week Six Pack dvd, and it just flashes "wait" at me. I hear a sound when I put the disk in, like it's starting up, but nothing happens. I've turned it on and off and unplugged it, no luck.

Any thoughts of what's wrong?

I tried another dvd too - same thing.
There is security in fearlessness.
Mark

Post by Mark »

i recently fixed my 10 year old dvd player, it had a bad capacitor and i was able to solder a new one in there, cost me $2 at radio shack and an hour of time.

if you are handy at all with basic tools, take it apart and see what it looks like inside.
9mmprincess

Post by 9mmprincess »

I'm not handy, but I know someone who is, maybe I'll have him take a look.

stupid shiltty dvd player. *kicks it*
There is security in fearlessness.
johnjim

Post by johnjim »

First, you can try to change a DVD, if not possible, then again to see for yourself, if you installed it correctly, if installed correctly, it is your DVD is broken, this time, you have to do is get the repairs or replacement of a new DVD drive it. Good luck to you, my dearest friend.