Geminid meteor shower

Multimedia, digital images, photography, video, audio, related software, Photo[C]hopping, desktop screenshots, wallpapers, personal photos, digital cameras, pictures you'd like to share, digital video, avi, mpeg encoding, audio, mp3s, FLAC, codecs, etc.
JawZ

Geminid meteor shower

Post by JawZ »

So I was able to get out all night for the recent geminids peak and after 800 photos, I got this stacked image.

Geminids 2012 by DJawZ, on Flickr
minir

Post by minir »

Great shot JawZ :thumb:

---

Larry
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Awesome shot :)

Was hoping to get some shots here but it was raining and in the low 40's. Too cold to be outside taking pictures without a mug of coffee or a woman or a fire. Not necessarily in that order.
TonyT
SG VIP

Post by TonyT »

LOL, the snow effect over the pic makes it look like meteors!
No one has any right to force data on you
and command you to believe it or else.
If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

cool shot. :cool:

Wish I'd known about that. Might have been able to see it down here. Clear night, no clouds, nice temp, in fact I slept with the windows open.
Sliding down the banister of life ..........................
loop2kil
SG Elite

Post by loop2kil »

Awesome photo!!! I saw something flash through the sky while coming home late the other night. I didn't even know about meteor shower.

Edit: Hope you don't mind but I'm using it as my wallpaper.
downhill

Post by downhill »

Cool pic Uod. I've been waiting for clear skies to take a stacked pic of the milky way. Can I ask what software you're playing with for stacked pics?
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.
Dan

Post by Dan »

very nice jawZ
cimani

Post by cimani »

i know nothing about photography ..but if that pic was taken by hand camera ,it was awesome shot
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Looks great, thanks for sharing. What was this shot with ?
RaisinCain

Post by RaisinCain »

AWESOME!! But I had to. LoL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9mJ82x_l-E
David
SG Elite

Post by David »

Sweet photo, Evan.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche
JawZ

Post by JawZ »

downhill wrote:Cool pic Uod. I've been waiting for clear skies to take a stacked pic of the milky way. Can I ask what software you're playing with for stacked pics?
Just Photoshop. I took the best pic that had a good shot of the milkyway and then stacked in each one. Just used layers and masking. All shots obviously on a tripod...25 second exposure if I recall with a fairly high ISO.

For the masking I do reveal all and then erase everything except the meteor. I dont have any kind of equatorial or tracking rig so I have to do it that way or else all of the others stars, etc. wouldn't line up properly.

I've since moved on from my Canon rig and now have a Fuji X system. I will never go back to a DSLR. I will stay with mirrorless and then eventually mirrorless medium format although I am eyeing medium format rangefinders on ebay and elsewhere.
Berliner89

Post by Berliner89 »

Great photo!!
I also watched the meteor shower, but I was out of town and didn't have my camera with me :(
l1991

Post by l1991 »

Wow this picture looks incredible. It’s always hard to catch the beauty of the nature on camera but you really nailed it! Thanks for sharing!
jesscold88

Post by jesscold88 »

omg, it really looks like a photoshop, but its not. Do you have more photos of starts?