User Albums and image attachments - vBulletin update

Philip
SG VIP

User Albums and image attachments - vBulletin update

Post by Philip »

As some of you are aware, gallery.speedguide.net (beta) was closed about a month ago. The original gallery was cumbersome, introdiced some security vulnerabilities and required extensive hacks with each version to bridge with the forums database/users.

We've just upgraded the forum software to the newest version of vBulletin. The new forum features we've introduced yesterday are intended to replace most of the functionality of the old SG gallery.

User Albums are now available from the forums "User Control panel", as well as the "Quick Links" navigation bar. Users now have the ability to create multiple albums, with a total file size limit of 20MB currently. User Albums are viewable through their profiles. Visitors can leave comments for pictures just as with the old beta gallery.

Old user album images are still available for a limited time at: http://gallery.speedguide.net/albums . Please download any images you may want to keep. You can then re-create your albums with the new forum interface.

To make it easier for users to post inline images and improve user experience, we've also enabled image attachments (up to a total of 10 MB per user).

The Albums and image attachment options are available for all regular users with over 100 posts (and registered over 100 days in the past).

As always, all feedback and suggestions are welcome, and please excuse any inconvenience the gallery changes may have caused.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
ghettoside
SG Elite

Post by ghettoside »

Thank you Philip, no inconvenience. :thumb:

thanks too for making the old gallery images available for us to grab.

new gallery... WOOT!!!

:rotfl:

:thumb:

:cool:
Norm wrote:
There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!
ghettoside
SG Elite

Post by ghettoside »

nice! :D

one question so far, how do I rearrange order of the pics in an album?
Norm wrote:
There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

The default vB implementation does not have a "Gallery" view of all albums for easy access...

I just added a custom "Gallery" view of all albums, it's accessible directly from the vBulletin top navigation bar (next to UserCP link): Gallery
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
CableDude
SG VIP

Post by CableDude »

Philip wrote:The default vB implementation does not have a "Gallery" view of all albums for easy access...

I just added a custom "Gallery" view of all albums, it's accessible directly from the vBulletin top navigation bar (next to UserCP link): Gallery
Looks good boss. :)