Group Memberships

Philip
SG VIP

Group Memberships

Post by Philip »

With the recent upgrade of our forums, we have implemented some cool additional services available to our Distributed Computing and Premium members:
  • Ability to modiy individual user titles (from the profile field in the forums user cp)
  • Profile Picture (up to 200x200 & 80,000 bytes)
  • Larger Avatars (currently up to 40,000 bytes)
  • Images in Signatures (add from "Edit Profile" in the User CP)
In order to enable these features, you'd simply have to use the "Group Memberships" link in your User CP and apply to join the appropriate group. Alternatively, you can simply use this link: Group Memberships

Please remember to provide your Folding / SETI username (or sub-group name) with your join request if different than your username on the forums !

Enjoy !

Note that you need to be an active member in order to participate ! We reserve the right to remove anyone at any time. You can expect to be removed from those groups if you are no longer an active member or abuse the system in any way at our sole discretion.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Answeres to common Questions about groups:

Q: How do we use the larger avatars? (When I tried, it said image size had to be 100x100 or 24.4 kb. Is there something special we need to do?)

[indent]A: The current limit for large avatars is 25000 bytes ~= 24.4 KB. You are aready getting the larger file size limit, there is nothing more to doo on your part.

[/indent]

Q: Under user groups, it says you can choose to be identified with the following groups:
[ ] Registered.
[x] D.C.
[ ] Premium.
You can select one but it shows all three in my profile, (which is cool). Is there any difference in selecting one option over another?

[indent]A: Regardless of what you select, you are in all those groups and you benefit from any setting allowed to any one of them. The only apparent difference is, if you decide not to use custom user title it will show the title associated with the selected group.

[/indent]
Q: How do I add a signature image ?

[indent]A: In the User Control Panel, click "Edit Profile". Add an URL of the image you want in the field "Signature Image"... Folding members can use the automathically updated images from here: http://www.speedguide.net/folding/sig/
Premium members can host other sigs in their "File Manager"...
[/indent]
NeedForHelp

Post by NeedForHelp »

How do I join a group?
:rockin: :rockin:
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

NeedForHelp wrote:How do I join a group?
Paid membership, F@H http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=164153

Write articles or reviews. BTW welcome to SG.
NeedForHelp

Post by NeedForHelp »

Thank you.
:rockin: :rockin: