TCO optimizer don't set default settings

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
Storm_Shadow

TCO optimizer don't set default settings

Post by Storm_Shadow »

Hello, I set optimal settings in order to get a better connection, however for some games this caused a server disconnection, so I tried to set Windows default settings. The problem appears after apply changes and restart windows I check starting again TCP Optimizer and the 'current' setting is not windows default. It doesn't work, the values are still the same. Help me please
Philip
SG VIP

Re: TCO optimizer don't set default settings

Post by Philip »

What Windows version? If you are running the TCP Optimizer as admin, and it was able to apply settings, it should be able to reset them as well.

If not, use the TCP Optimizer "File" menu and reset both TCP/IP and Winsock.
Storm_Shadow

Post by Storm_Shadow »

I'm using Windows 11 Home 22H2 v 22621.2715, it is running as admin. I already used reset TCP/IP and Winsock but after restart and open TCP Optimizer again to check, it has the same "current" settings but not the "default" it should
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Sorry to hear you are still having issues.
Are you sure the current settings are different than the default?
What is different?
Note that depending on your OS/variant some of the default and current settings may be the same. TCP Optimizer may be trying to apply the "defaults" for a different version of the OS than yours, but, resetting TCP/IP and Winsock should always bring your network to the default state.

You can manually change each setting through PowerShell that you don't like, using the PowerShell commands listed in this article: https://www.speedguide.net/articles/win ... weaks-5077

Ultimately, if you reset Winsock and TCP/IP, there is no way for TCP Optimizer-applied settings to remain in the system.
norahcackle

Post by norahcackle »

This is Windows 11 Home 22H2 v 22621.2715, running as admin. After resetting TCP/IP and Winsock, TCP Optimizer opens again with the same "current" parameters but not the "default" it should have.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

You can try manually running these commands in Admin PowerShell:

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset