My Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
irrational_analyst

My Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Post by irrational_analyst »

Hi,

I use a router in my room to connect internet. My connection drops for a short period of time in (a few times per day). Then, I am being able to connect the router again. I've looked at the logs from my router's interface but I couldn't understand what it tells. I added my system logs from the last drop (It occured at 11.48). Is there anyone who can understand these logs and explain to me what is the cause of these drops?

Code: Select all

Jan 23 11:48:28 kernel: AP SETKEYS DONE - WPA2, AuthMode(7)=WPA2-Personal, WepStatus(6)=AES, GroupWepStatus(6)=AES
Jan 23 11:48:30 kernel: Rcv Wcid(2) AddBAReq
Jan 23 11:48:30 kernel: Start Seq = 00000269
Jan 23 12:14:05 kernel: Rcv Wcid(1) AddBAReq
Jan 23 12:14:05 kernel: Start Seq = 00000002
Jan 23 12:14:06 kernel: Rcv Wcid(1) AddBAReq
Jan 23 12:14:06 kernel: Start Seq = 00000000
Jan 23 12:21:49 kernel: AndesSendCmdMsg: Command type = ed, Extension command type = 27
Jan 23 12:21:49 kernel: BUG: AndesSendCmdMsg is called from invalid context
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Not sure what this particular "bug" means. In general, I would try to update the router firmware, and turn off unnecessary features that stress it's limited resources, like QoS, etc. to see if it makes the Wi-Fi more stable.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Norm
SG VIP

Post by Norm »

You may have hit the nail on the head Philip.

A search indicates this "bug"was in an earlier firmware version, but has since been fixed.

It seems it was in the MediaTek WIFI chips that ship with many routers, dropping connections when they got too busy.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Thanks for that info Norm! :)
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
irrational_analyst

Post by irrational_analyst »

Norm wrote:You may have hit the nail on the head Philip.

A search indicates this "bug"was in an earlier firmware version, but has since been fixed.

It seems it was in the MediaTek WIFI chips that ship with many routers, dropping connections when they got too busy.
Thank you so much!