Windows 10 LTSC 2021 bug?

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
privacyguy123

Windows 10 LTSC 2021 bug?

Post by privacyguy123 »

Not sure if TCP Optimizer is made to run on this version of Windows or if it's even doing anything at all - is this safe? Most menu items are blanked out and stay that way even after apply/restart.

https://imgur.com/a/qa7bXfc
privacyguy123

Post by privacyguy123 »

Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Are you running the TCP Optimizer by right-clicking on it and choosing "Run as Administrator"?

When started, the program executes a few PowerShell cmdlets and netsh commands to gather information about the current state of the settings. It will leave some blank if it cannot determine their state, or if they're adapter-dependent and you have several network interfaces. Still, all the applied settings are well documented by both Micorosoft, user contributions over time, and our own research over the years. All changes are listed after you hit the "Apply" button. They're also in the TCP Optimizer documentation, and the "Registry tweaks" articles, here is a link: https://www.speedguide.net/articles/win ... weaks-5077

You are welcome to try some of those manually, depending on your OS flavor some may be read-only, especially for Enterprise version if not running with Admin privileges.

Please feel free to share any information you find about differences, if any with the Windows 10 LTSC variant.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
privacyguy123

Post by privacyguy123 »

Hi Philip,

Yes - always make sure I run program as Admin, can't get my head around those value boxes not being populated though? Worked fine on Windows 10 Pro before I upgraded.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I imagine the Powershell cmdlets do not show the same results, or netsh... I would try:

Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName "Internet"
netsh int tcp show global
The attachment powershell_220427.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
powershell_220427.jpg
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
privacyguy123

Post by privacyguy123 »

Hi Philip,

All the settings seem to be changed in there - I guess it's just some visual bug then?
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I imagine the program has some issue reading the settings at start under LTSC, good that it's applying them properly at least.
๑۩۞۩๑