Msmq

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
MagikMark

Msmq

Post by MagikMark »

Philip,

Does activating MSMQ help us in connecting to other servers such as VPN servers?

What does it do?
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Generally the application has to be built to use MSMQ.
MSMQ is used to deliver messages between applications reliably by placing messages that fail to reach their destination in a queue and then resending them once the destination is reachable. It also supports security and priority based messaging.

MSMQ has been around since 1997, it was used extensively in Windows Server environments, however, development of it has stopped for a couple of years, it is being phased out I believe. To answer your question, it is application dependent, the software must be built to use it. It has been available in C++, Visual Basic, etc.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑