USB Tethering to PC with LG V60 5G

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
incredibledr

USB Tethering to PC with LG V60 5G

Post by incredibledr »

Hi there. Super noob here.
Anyway, long story short the Comfort Suites Im staying in till I move into my new place has broken WIFI hardware!
I discovered the sheer majesty of the USB tethering to PC method and now thanks to 5G I am getting 150MB speeds.
Thing is I was getting up to 200MB before I was a dope and optimized with TCPOptimizer.

Any geniuses out there know what I should do? Roll back the settings or are there tweak settings for USB tethering boost?

Thanks a million
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

You can always roll back the settings from the TCP Optimizer "Windows Default" radio button, or reset Winsock and TCP/IP from the File menu and start fresh.

Still, note that cell broadband/tethering is unreliable, you are prone to a lot of traffic spikes, lag, interference, etc. It depends on many factors. Still, try with the TCP Optimizer default and optimal settings, and see if that makes a difference, that's a good start.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑