Dont change checksum offloading and Large send offload(lso)

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
shotatsu

Dont change checksum offloading and Large send offload(lso)

Post by shotatsu »

Dont change checksum offloading and Large send offload(lso) and dont change ECN compability. What is wrong? WIN 10
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Maybe their driver monitors/modifies the settings, not sure. The TCP Optimizer uses standard Windows PowerShell cmdlets and netsh commands to set those, all documented. How do you determine they are not modified? The fact that they are not read at program startup does not mean they are not modified.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
shotatsu

Post by shotatsu »

Looks like I dont have chimney :D .... maybe something wrong with poweshell?

Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

It is possible... You may also want to try the PowerShell cmdlet:

Set-NetOffloadGlobalSetting -Chimney enabled

Chimney offload is deprecated, it should probably be disabled anyway.
shotatsu

Post by shotatsu »

:wth:
shotatsu

Post by shotatsu »

TCP Global Parameters
----------------------------------------------
Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : disabled
Add-On Congestion Control Provider : default
ECN Capability : enabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled
Initial RTO : 2000
Receive Segment Coalescing State : disabled
Non Sack Rtt Resiliency : disabled
Max SYN Retransmissions : 2
Fast Open : enabled
Fast Open Fallback : enabled
HyStart : enabled
Pacing Profile : off
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I assume you right-clicked on PowerShell and chose to "Run as Administrator" before running the command? Otherwise you wouldn't have the rights to change a lot of settings.

If you tried as admin, it may not be available with your adapter or version of Windows. As a matter of fact, I get the same error for " -Chimney enabled" on my current Windows machine.
shotatsu

Post by shotatsu »

I tried to run "Run as Administrator". Its all not working. Soo if its depenting on the windows version. I'm using windows newest. Its meaning tcp optimizer working wrong. :) . Looks like u r profesional here. I need to check my network... what command to cmd do u know or some things to check my network?

Ok... I'm here because I'm playing counter strike shooter and I have very bad bullet registry. I'm using wifi, signal not bad 4/5. Ping in game 5-25.(In local test ping 1-2) Soo I'm searching what is wrong with my network, I'm sure its something wrong. I dont have packet loss, or choke, lag. But its something not clear. :D

I tought its maybe because of my wifi adapter. I changed it to "gaming wifi adapter". Its same... :D
There in adapter many settings.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... eless.html here is description of the settings. I'm not sure what settings is best.

ARP offloading for WoWLAN
Fat channel intolerant
Global BG scan blocking
GTK rekeying for WoWLAN
MIMO power save mode
Mixed mode protection
NS offloading for WoWLAN
Packet Coalescing
Preferred band
Roaming aggressiveness
Sleep on WoWLAN disconnect
Throughput Booster or Throughput Enhancement
Transmit power
U-APSD support
Wake on magic packet
Wake on pattern match

And I need some tips & settings for windows 10, for network tweak. Maybe boost somehow... :D
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

You may want to read about the NIC settings here: https://www.speedguide.net/articles/net ... ation-3449
erpguy2

Post by erpguy2 »

Philip wrote:Maybe their driver monitors/modifies the settings, not sure.
this is the case, especially with Broadcom ethernet and Realtek PCIe [FE and GbE] LAN devices and their drivers, where you must change the "checksum offload" and LSO settings in Device Manager's advanced properties, rather than using the TCP Optimizer tool.

It truly depends on whether these LSO & checksum offload settings are supported by your network adapter.
If they're not supported (like on my old HP desktop PC using an nVidia nForce Networking Controller device which does not have those options listed), then TCP Optimizer will show "blank" values (as in nothing there) for LSO & checksum offload