Please help! Network Packet Buffering May Be Excessive

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
arky

Please help! Network Packet Buffering May Be Excessive

Post by arky »

I have just moved into a new place and I have noticed that my ping in game jumps around every few minutes. This is odd to me because I used the same router and modem at home and the only thing that has changed is my service area (still use Time Warner Cable). I ran the Netalyzr test on wireless and also hardwired to the modem and I get this error "•Network packet buffering may be excessive"

Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 2000 ms, Downlink 890 ms –

We estimate your uplink as having 2000 ms of buffering. This is quite high, and you may experience substantial disruption to your network performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. With such a buffer, real-time applications such as games or audio chat can work quite poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time.

We estimate your downlink as having 890 ms of buffering. This level can in some situations prove somewhat high, and you may experience degraded performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large downloads. Real-time applications, such as games or audio chat, may also work poorly when conducting large downloads at the same time.

I have tried downloading the SG TCP Optimizer and tried the Optimal settings and what not with no luck. Could anyone help explain to me what is going on and how I can fix this. I have been trying for the last two weeks with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.