TCP Optimizer settings not saving?

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
Footy

TCP Optimizer settings not saving?

Post by Footy »

Hi all, i hope im posting this in the right forum!

I have used TCP optimizer for some years now with no problem. I recently moved house and had my internet reinstalled. I am a UK resident and use Virgin as my ISP. I have been trying with no luck whatsoever to optimize my internet.

I run TCP optimizer, click the optimal setting and save, i get asked for a reboot which i do but then when i check my settings have saved via TCP optimizer it shows them as back to the basic settings before i click to optimize. I use windows 7 Ultimate 64bit if that is any help?

id love to fix this issue, many thanks,

Mark.
trogers
SG VIP

Post by trogers »

Changing registry settings of Win 7 needs you to log in with Administrator rights.

http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f127/admi ... -a-197772/
"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon
Footy

Post by Footy »

trogers wrote:Changing registry settings of Win 7 needs you to log in with Administrator rights.

http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f127/admi ... -a-197772/
Thank you for that,

however i logged in to my PC using the admin account after following that guide. Suffice to say i set to optimal and did a reboot, logged back into my normal account and the TCP settings had not saved as optimal, im getting a tad frustrated to why the settings wont save :confused:
trogers
SG VIP

Post by trogers »

Footy wrote:Thank you for that,

however i logged in to my PC using the admin account after following that guide. Suffice to say i set to optimal and did a reboot, logged back into my normal account and the TCP settings had not saved as optimal, im getting a tad frustrated to why the settings wont save :confused:
Use Method 2 of the earlier link for admin rights and then use this command to check tweaked status - netsh int tcp show global
"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon
Footy

Post by Footy »

OK here is the result in the "cmd"...

Is this the information you are after?

http://i54.tinypic.com/157j9l.png

Sorry if i misunderstand.
Footy

Post by Footy »

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
trogers
SG VIP

Post by trogers »

Footy wrote:OK here is the result in the "cmd"...

Is this the information you are after?

Sorry if i misunderstand.
Settings are already tweaked.
Footy

Post by Footy »

So does this look correct upon trying to make the settings optimum?

To me it says it is making no changes, should it say that if it is already setup?
trogers
SG VIP

Post by trogers »

Footy wrote:So does this look correct upon trying to make the settings optimum?

To me it says it is making no changes, should it say that if it is already setup?
It should not be making changes when the old values are already correctly set. Point is not whether it should make changes, but what the old and new values should be.

Eg. If the field should be enabled, and the old value is already enabled, would not the new value reflect - no change?
Mad_Haggis

Post by Mad_Haggis »

Always had an allergy to apples b$ the relegion. Hex codes R great, they R fASTER.

I have been allergic to Apple since 1986...Reagan years
BEER
sirens

Post by sirens »

Bro the settings are really not saving. I am logged in with administrator rights and the optimal settings are not saving everytime I reboot. For example: in the optimal settings the checksum offload is enabled, but when i reboot the computer, it shows that the current settings i'm on, the checksum offloading option is blanked out. It was enabled in the optimal settings, but its not enabled when i reboot the computer? Please look into this bug and let the tcp optimizer app owners know about this issue.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Not necessarily a bug, see previous replies. Some of the settings are applied to one network adapter, and you can have multiple (including virtual ones) on your computer. When the TCP Optimizer is started, it only shows the global settings it can read, some are not read/available, or even Windows sometimes shows conflicting information if using netsh vs Powershell cmdlets, etc.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Axelred

Post by Axelred »

First, ensure that you have the latest version of TCP Optimizer installed on your Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system. It's possible that the previous settings are not being saved due to compatibility issues or outdated software.

If you have the latest version and are still encountering the problem, try running TCP Optimizer as an administrator. Right-click on the TCP Optimizer icon and select "Run as administrator" to give it the necessary permissions to make changes to your network settings.

Additionally, check if any antivirus or firewall software is blocking TCP Optimizer from saving the optimized settings. Temporarily disable such software and try the optimization process again to see if it resolves the issue.