Horrendous internet connection and connection statistics

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
Ramoge

Horrendous internet connection and connection statistics

Post by Ramoge »

Hello all,

I live in Egypt, using TEDATA as my ISP. I supposedly have a 16mb internet connection, but facing tons of internet problems.
First and most importantly, the internet connection keeps closing and re-connecting on its own. The "Internet" and "ADSL" bulbs on the modem just close then reconnect again, all the time, everyday!
I have a splitter connected to the main telephone line in the house, which then has one cable going to the landline phone, and the other cable going straight into the modem (connected by a long cable since it is in another room in the house)
I figured that this cable might be the cause of the problem, so I just recently called a electrician who came and changed the cable completely, but to no avail.

TEDATA Modem
Windows 7
Intel Core2Quad 9300 @2.5GHZ
NVidia GeForce 9800GTX
4GB DDR2

I have made tons of complaints to my ISP with no solutions.
I have changed the splitter countless times as well.
I changed the router to a Vodafone router than i have, still internet cuts and reconnects regularly.
My next step is to change the main telephone line cable from in my house that is going to the main box in the building.

I did some research on the numbers on the router page, and they are extremely bad. With regards to the SNR, they are extremely low, download output power higher than recommended, upload output power lower than recommended, Tons of CRC and FEC, and very high attenuation!

Any tips, help or advice is much appreciated!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Unfortunately, if the signal to your ADSL modem is bad, as you mention, there may be little you can do on your end - complain to your ISP again.

Yes, you can try changing the line that comes into the building, and installing a DSL filter on the phone line (at the splitter), but that's about it.