This forum is real to me, these are my friends.....(a rant)

General Topics Archive of defining/memorable/informative/classic/interesting threads from our forums, including everything not covered by our broadband archive.
RoundEye

This forum is real to me, these are my friends.....(a rant)

Post by RoundEye »

Let me see if I can explain myself properly so that people don't think I'm a total freak. This forum is real to me. These people are my friends and I stand up and back my friends, when the time is needed.

I've been through weddings, child births, family or friends passing away, hirings and fireings, and 911 brought many people even closer together.

I have sent and recieved gifts from many people here. I have talked to quite a few on the phone and I plan on meeting a few this coming August before The Who concert, which I'm going to with people I met at this forum.

While I can't see thier faces, I can see thier hearts when they post. There are REAL people behind those keyboards.

I don't know if they are black, white, asian, gay, handicap, tattooed, pierced, green hair or otherwise what society considers out of the norm. I really don't care either.

People have asked some very serious questions about themselves and life, and have gotten some really good advice. I usually post some kind of dumbass remark, but I'm like that when I don't what to say, I try to joke and lighten up the situation a bit.

BUT

When somebody comes in a make a remark like jz did in the picture thread, and I quote,
Good news, out of the 45 that loaded, 17 appear normal while only 6 appear redneckish. The remaining 22 are just strange.

I'd post my pic here, but I don't think that's a good idea with mikemean around, especially since the only ones I have digitized are when I was 17.
It really pissed me off. If I was standing around with a group of my friends and some jerkoff come up and said that we looked like a bunch of strange rednecks and singled out the only gay guy in the group, I'd be in his face quick.

This has gotten my ass kicked quite a few times, sometimes I kicked ass, or the person apologized and walked away. I am by far no bad ass, but I don't back down easily either.

This forum is like no other I have ran across on the net, I have seen many people come together and help total strangers.

If trolls want to come in and tell us we are of a single mindset, then so be it, we know better. But I'm not going to let somebody come in here and piss off my friends and not say or do anything about it.

In some kind of wierd way I have become emotionally attached to some of the people here, I never thought that could happen. Maybe we are on the forefront here of proving to the rest of the world that the Internet is a real way to communicate, and can become some type of virtual community.

sincerely,
Tobey

Speed Guide You Rock!
Sliding down the banister of life ..........................
blebs

Post by blebs »

Strange. I don't think that's a rant. I think that's the truth. :nod:
TEH WIN
SG Elite

Post by TEH WIN »

excelt post

I hope everybody reads this
Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..:p :D
Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Maybe it should be stickied ;)

Good post :)
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
GatoNanashi

Post by GatoNanashi »

Maybe, nahhh...SHOULD
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

But you're being so close minded!

He never said anything bad...never even insinuated anything bad.

He's an angel, and everyone here is in one big mean group that hates anyone who doesn't think like them.

:D :D :D

Excellent post RoundEye, you put into words what I myself was stumbling with.

Thumbs up :)
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

He a smart SOB though. In the past day I have seen two large threads where just about everyone flames on jz (with the exception of Paft that is) and he is still around.

Smart bastid. :D
---the Iranian Fury
EvilAngel

Post by EvilAngel »

The only time when someone thinks that the internet is not real is when they are under the knife and we all know why they are getting defensive. 90% of the time they want to start something or need the attention.

\I agree with your post Roundeye, I have interacted with a FEW SG members that I know for a fact would not give me the time of day if I were to meet them on the streets. I beleive that the net allows others to see you for what you are, unless of course they're a lier. but that eventualy reveals its self eventualy.

The PACK or clique people refer to on SG are the people that have been here almost since the birth of SG, well almost, and have been through quite a bit of camotion. I have been here for close to two years and have seen them all come and go and I know people that come here with ill intent don't last long.

It's all good and doesn't phase me that people see something so good and want to destroy it (the SG fellowship).

Peace out muh bruthas...
The Devil wrote:Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
SG Theme Song
torsten

Post by torsten »

This is all true. The internet is a valid and real way to communicate, and Speedguide has a good mix of people and is more civilized than most of the forums I've been to. I guess we'd all be better off to remind ourselves once in a while that there are real humans behind these posts. On the net there's a tendency to treat interaction like you would a video game.... you know, just blast em, or whatever. But the people on the other side of those blasts can have very different levels of sensitivity and vulnerablity due to their personal experiences and psychological makeup. Words can wound.
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

RoundEye, great post!!

I feel much the same way. I can see how JZ can see a single mindset...when people come together and agree on something, you tend to see the group supports what they agree with.
Three Rivers Designs wrote:America! Love it or give it back!
Grimson
SG Elite

Post by Grimson »

Good post Roundeye.

Here's a diagram of my heart, since I couldn't take a pic of the real thing.
:D

Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.
Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina »

Originally posted by EvilAngel
I agree with your post Roundeye, I have interacted with a FEW SG members that I know for a fact would not give me the time of day if I were to meet them on the streets. [/B]
I gave you the time of day.... you stole my watch!!!

shant,
david
blessed be................
A_old

Post by A_old »

:nod: :nod:
EvilAngel

Post by EvilAngel »

Originally posted by Deus ex Machina

I gave you the time of day.... you stole my watch!!!

shant,
david
bling bling yo, it was a ROLEX!.. :D
SG Theme Song
Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina »

bling bling yo, it was a ROLEX!.. :D
You betcha, I purchased it in Chinatown for 10 bucks, such a deal!

RoundEye,

The one shame is the distance.

shant,
david
blessed be................
LT-73

Post by LT-73 »

I say there 'ol chap, good show , wot ! ;)
ghost
SG VIP

Post by ghost »

I have been here for close to two years and have seen them all come and go....
What a noob. :D
chevyman282

Post by chevyman282 »

RoundEye,
My thoughts exactly...... :)

chevyman282
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
– Theodore Roosevelt
Dakota

Post by Dakota »

Well said, RoundEye.
We Remember...
9|11
40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens
minir

Post by minir »

Hi RoundEye

Excellent.

regards

larry
De Plano

Post by De Plano »

I am a newbie here, but in the short time I have been here I have been amazed at the support people give each other. If someone is going through troubles they get honest advice, and some s.a. remarks but they are usually to lighten the situation. I don't see that many people posting replies that are just mean spirited shlt talking, there are a few but it is just a FEW compared to most here who honestly just want to help another human out. Since we don't know each other face to face there is not really anybody helping each other to help themselves, it is just in the spirit of making temselves feel a little better, not for any power or monetary gain. I am impressed by the majority here. By the way I don't agree with a bit of what I read here, but when I look at all a person says, they are almost allways good folks in the big picture. Not the way it is normally used but it is a good saying "Celebrate Diversity!" and continue supporting each other.
Oh yeah your words were well put Round Eye!
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

Thanks everyone for your support. I was really hoping that I was not the only one that felt this way when I hit the submit button.

I got a PM from one member saying "I was taken aback by seeing you use your actual name". While I prefer not to use my real name on a regular basis, I thought it would add to the sincerity of my post.

I know we all won't agree on everything all the time, but I don't think a person has the right to come to this forum and insult people on a regular basis, just because it's "the Internet".

I have had disagreements with people here from time to time, but it was just that "a disagreement".

I guess we just need to let newbies know not to come here and make an ass of themselves and other members here.
brembo

Post by brembo »

Eh....my name is Dan, but I respond to dumbass or moron much better.
Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.
AAF Striker

Post by AAF Striker »

Well said :D I don't think I have seen a forum/community that holds together as well as Speedguide. It is nice knowing that if you are uncertain about something or you have an idea that you can bounce it off of a few people. I know I have thought about a lot of things and just didn't want to bring them up (and some I have forgotten now) but now I feel that I might be able to bring up issues in the future and get an honest response from people who actually do care even though they may not interact with me physically on a day to day basis.

~Brandon
blebs

Post by blebs »

Originally posted by brembo
Eh....my name is Dan, but I respond to dumbass or moron much better.
Would you please quit taking all of my second names.
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

Originally posted by RoundEye
I guess we just need to let newbies know not to come here and make an ass of themselves and other members here.
I can make an ass of myself thankyou...

;)
EvilAngel

Post by EvilAngel »

Originally posted by ghost

What a noob. :D
got to start somewhere ;) :D
SG Theme Song
Norm
SG VIP

Post by Norm »

RoundEye, you didn't copy/paste that post from any help file.

Well said.

Quote:
"I have had disagreements with people here from time to time, but it was just that "a disagreement".

A large group of people cannot always agree. Sometimes the effort to be civil is put aside and emotion takes over. Understandable too, we're all human.
We are all capable of making mistakes, and should learn from them. I hope I have learned a few things from some of the mistakes I've made.

In jz's case if he would say a few happy thoughts, or help in some of the forums, it may go a long way to getting back some respect. Continuos negativism without other positive traits to balance his act will only serve to push people away.
Just a thought.

Forgiving is something we should all practice.
Randy

Post by Randy »

if i knock her up again i will name the kid tobey if its a boy or a girl the name will be "Tobey" , but definastely not "roundeye" thats sick.

* hugs roundeyes leg throws a few pelvic thrusts and screems" I luv you Man!"

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box ;).
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

Very nice post buddy! :)

-Michael
Paft
SG Elite

Post by Paft »

*claps*

That's why you're a respected member.

-Steven
EvilAngel

Post by EvilAngel »

Originally posted by Randy
if i knock her up again i will name the kid tobey if its a boy or a girl the name will be "Tobey" , but definastely not "roundeye" thats sick.

* hugs roundeyes leg throws a few pelvic thrusts and screems" I luv you Man!"
ROOFLE.... :D :D :D
SG Theme Song
ColdFusion

Post by ColdFusion »

Wow,

dats a good post ... i feel the same way 2 dude! Now ur cool !!! :D (not to say that u werent b4 :p )

-MATT
JawZ

Post by JawZ »

nice post Roundeye. ;)
Annalysa

Post by Annalysa »

I am not even gonna read the whole thread because my head hurts from the painkillers i took for my knee.. I will say a few things though.. You all have been here for me when I needed you. I love all of ya, and am glad that Crump introduced me to you all in September. I think you are all a bunch of wonderful smart indviduals, and it is like a family here. Thank you
I am awesome.
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

Originally posted by Annalysa
I am not even gonna read the whole thread because my head hurts from the painkillers i took for my knee.. I will say a few things though.. You all have been here for me when I needed you. I love all of ya, and am glad that Crump introduced me to you all in September. I think you are all a bunch of wonderful smart indviduals, and it is like a family here. Thank you
Come here you big sexy woman you! *SMOOCH*
Annalysa

Post by Annalysa »

Sure Mike!!!!

:)
I am awesome.
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

.....hugs roundeyes leg throws a few pelvic thrusts and screems" I luv you Man!"......
Get off of my leg you perverted little rodent!. You're getting hair and some kind of goo on my clothes.
Randy

Post by Randy »

*lights cigarrete*; *blows smoke rings and sighs "good thread"*

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box ;).
brembo

Post by brembo »

*lights cigarrete*; *blows smoke rings and sighs "good thread"*
*readies JC HIggins .270*

....carefully the wiley redneck places the HPBT shell in the magazine, and racks the finely tuned 120 grain projectile into the chamber. The bolt closes with a reassuring thud. Slowing his breathing to slow the quivering cross-hairs, the safety is pulled back, slow even pressure is applied to the trigger. Suddenly the primer ignites and the sleek bullet is whipped out of the rifle at 3000 feet per second. The 1 in 10 rifling imparting a radical spin to stabilize the flight.The rodent knows noting, as the bullet will reach his twitching ear before the sound does. Suddenly the marmot spies a Molson and ducks into his burrow, and the bullet causes a puff of dust 50' behind the entrance. Rodent wonders what that was, and then shags his mate.
Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.