It's Time to post about our user names...

General Topics Archive of defining/memorable/informative/classic/interesting threads from our forums, including everything not covered by our broadband archive.
brembo

Post by brembo »

Originally posted by chevyman282
I build chevy's the 282 was meant to be a 283, A great engine, but I hit the wrong key!! After I realized my mistake it was too late, everyone had my nick! lol

After 34 years in the auto industry, it may be time to hang it up and I will need a new username.....Like, ??????
any suggestions?? Be nice now... :D

Regards
chevyman282
Windsor-351. Heh.
Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.
burple

Post by burple »

I build chevy's the 282 was meant to be a 283, A great engine, but I hit the wrong key!! After I realized my mistake it was too late, everyone had my nick! lol

After 34 years in the auto industry, it may be time to hang it up and I will need a new username.....Like, ??????
any suggestions?? Be nice now... :D

Regards
chevyman282
That was a stout little small block. If I had to pick a small block for my Chevy it would be a 283 or 327.
Test Your Speed Here

Previously known as beaker1.
burple

Post by burple »

Originally posted by Brembo

Windsor-351. Heh.
I your gonna go Ford atleaste make it a 351 Cleveland. :D
Test Your Speed Here

Previously known as beaker1.
Dunster

Post by Dunster »

Dunster - Dunn is my last name. Kind of a nick name.
AMPLIFRIER

Post by AMPLIFRIER »

FORD...found on road dead
ford backwards....driver returns on foot
ford.....F&*%in out right disaster

heheheh
me a Chevy boy

AMP
Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro nForce2 mobo, Athlon XP3200, thermalright slk900, 1 gig corsair pc3200 cas2, radeon 9800pro, SB Audigy 2 ZS
case= yeong yang YY-B0221 server cube,550 watt Antec true power,1 wd raptor 74 gig,1 34gig raptor (page) 2 wd 120gig se's raid 1, 1 120gig se. WIN xp Pro, Dual display samsung syncmaster 1100df 21in(Primary) Samsung syncmaster 955df 19in (secondary)".
Illini25

Post by Illini25 »

Illini - I was born and raised in Champaign-Urbana, so I bleed orange and blue.

25 - A number that has a lot of history for the fighting Illini! i.e. Ben Wilson, a high school basketball star out of Chicago Simeon that was shot and killed. He was one of the best basketball players in the nation and was signed and committed to the U of I.
nomahe

Post by nomahe »

Since I've been little, I've fished as much as possible, so everyone has called me Fish growing up. Fish is more of a real name for me so I couldn't use it in forums so I use nomahe which is an indian word meaning fish. :D The great white lunkerhunter.
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

I betcha that if you pm'd Ken, he'd fix it for you :D
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
Paft
SG Elite

Post by Paft »

Paft.

In control, quiet, thoughtful and very kind. Wise, and friendly, but not one to take false friends. Experienced, and could have many stories good and bad to tell. A kindred spirit in the storm.

I came up with that because it fit this name. I have always wanted to be what it described, and so came here with it to try to follow the name.
syncmaster

Post by syncmaster »

I was ready to buy one damn Samsung monitor at the time that i was join in , there is where the Syncmaster comes , but i finaly got a top SONY 19" one ..
I like my member name alot i always trying to be synchronized with the spirit of the times , spesialy in my job that i do not stop learning about new stuff every day , not that i like to stuff my head with all this , but i need it to keep my self in busines ..
My computer is my pride, so be careful with your comments about it !!
NEW UPDATE 20/1/2002
www.geocities.com/teranova52
Mark

Post by Mark »

i just picked the first name that came to me, guess i thought that sounded mean and cool.

real name is mark )
7950x~64GBGskill6000~asusx670e~rx6800~2TBNvme-OS drive~4TB-Nvme-scratch~500GB-SSD-thrash~10TB storage~Windows 10
nomahe

Post by nomahe »

Originally posted by the snake
i just picked the first name that came to me, guess i thought that sounded mean and cool.

real name is mark )
I thought it was because you were a Prudhomme fan.
Teirney

Post by Teirney »

You guys remember the story.. :D

MG and I were kayaking, I was trying to get in while he was holding it. Well, I leaned to far, and splash, I hit the water face first.
Poor man was trying not to laugh, but when I surfaced laughing, he let loose. We did continue are kayaking even though I was soaked, and when we were leaving he called me "splash"..and here I am. ;)
fartface

Post by fartface »

i have a fart fetish
Teirney

Post by Teirney »

Originally posted by fartface
i have a fart fetish
Others or just your own? :D
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

Hmm IranianHobo.

Well Hobo is defined as: One who wanders from place to place without a permanent home or a means of livelihood.

So one could infer that through my name I try to express that I

a) no longer live in Iran and so roam many countries but don't consider them to be my homes

or

b) Live in Iran but have no home

Now those of you who know me know I live in New York there by leaving only choice a. Choice a is not correct. IranianHobo is a name I made up cause I liked both the words seperetley and decided to mix'em.

My handle carries no message whatsoever.
---the Iranian Fury
kitten

Post by kitten »

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Evil - resembles all women

Angel - represents me..

they just go together....lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL..............let's get Kitten's opinion on this one!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: He is not refering to me ... all the other women in his past :rolleyes: j/k Im not evil im his angel :D
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a Judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
newbie1
Advanced Member

Post by newbie1 »

newbie when i registered to the forums, and 1 just for the hell of it, not a newbie when it comes to computers though :)
JamieLee2k

Post by JamieLee2k »

J = Jamie
L = Lee
R = Riley
wee96

Post by wee96 »

wee = because I used to always say that when I was going 120+ on the highway in my audi 5000cs turbo in high school.

96 = my version of 69. It always annoyed me when people would say 69 cuz its so llamaish (not the actual act of 69, but just the way it sounds) so I switched it around. Go me.
TeenInternetAddict

Post by TeenInternetAddict »

TeenInternetAddict.

I picked out this name because I am addicted to the internet. My family give me the nickname, TeenInternetAddict, because I was a teenaager addicted to the internet and it has stuck to this day. My real name is Helen :)
Jamie_R

Post by Jamie_R »

You're kidding right? (See Name @ Left) :cry:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
bigswing

Post by bigswing »

Not as you don't know already chevyman282, but I am a chevyman too.

Bigswing, what the golfer is always looking for. That one perfect big swing everytime they strike the ball. ;)
AoDLiQuiD-M3tH

Post by AoDLiQuiD-M3tH »

aKgLiQuiD

well aKg stands for Ak Gorillaz <---my old Cs clan 2years ago

LiQuiD my friends gave to me when i was 15 because i drank so much at partys started using it when i used to Hax0r the school networks. :D ahh the good ol days i wish i could go back.
-[AoD]-LiQuiD>M3tH-[SA]-
-[AoD]-Clan General

www.Counter-Strike.net
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Easy enough...

I live in Humboldt County :)
Norm
SG VIP

Post by Norm »

Originally posted by Humboldt
Easy enough...

I live in Humboldt County :)
Mine's even easier to figure out.

abNormal Norman :D

An old nickname from the "hood"
lord_yuri

Post by lord_yuri »

lord_yuri

after lord masakin yuri the 2nd, he was basically ruler of the entire world in 420 AD he had everything you could ever want in that time and gave it all away for the love of a woman who later betrayed and killed him. this story was always very interesting to me. keep in mind the real story was much longer and deeper than that.
torsten

Post by torsten »

It's my.... um.... name.
Not much else to say about that.
chimdogger

Post by chimdogger »

I have no idea where chimdogger came from. I just made it up because my truckers handle was already taken.... "Green Hornet" Sometimes I call my wife chimdogger and let me tell you she loves it.... ;)

Chimmy

BTW my name is BRYAN
Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.
binksfan

Post by binksfan »

Sci-fi fan (dating back to old Flash Gordan serials at the Saturday Matinees at local movie theaters). When 'Phantom Menace' came out, every one on the LucasFilms web site was ragging on 'Jar-Jar Binks' character. I liked him, so I logged on as 'binksfan' and argued the opposing view. No one else on forums or chats knew what it meant so I just kept it.
ß¡ñk§ƒ@ñ

"Okay! Who stole the cork outta my lunch?":irate:
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

Originally posted by TeenInternetAddict
TeenInternetAddict.

I picked out this name because I am addicted to the internet. My family give me the nickname, TeenInternetAddict, because I was a teenaager addicted to the internet and it has stuck to this day. My real name is Helen :)
female? single? read the profile...ALOT in common we have... :D
Three Rivers Designs wrote:America! Love it or give it back!
Jim
SG VIP

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by CiscoCert

female? single? read the profile...ALOT in common we have... :D
:rotfl:

You never give up, do you? :p
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE

:rotfl:

You never give up, do you? :p
Her siad her like construction...me like construction...hell, I'm getting ready to go down to the union hall after this semester so I can work for the summer...take night classes and work on through November...
Three Rivers Designs wrote:America! Love it or give it back!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Anyone else...?
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Well I started out almost 26 years ago as Rainbow Deamon a song I liked in high school by my then favorite group. I used this Name/Handle on the cb back then but kept it all thru the years....I didnt know till recently (took my 16 yr old daughter) that it had something to do with being gay. Opps My bad but I aint changin it
so don't get the wrong impression. Im just a nice computer geek :rotfl:
Suzie

Post by Suzie »

Name Susan but my family and friends have always called me Susie and some would write it as Suzie. So picked it in memory of a couple very special people.

"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are."
Qwijib0
Location: Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896

Post by Qwijib0 »

Huh, I never posted in this thread.. oh well :p
If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch! ;)
Chris
Location: Northern AB, CA, turn left Alaska, Turn right, Yukon Territoies

Post by Chris »

Hummmm, Was Martiangod from the first time I went on the net, and have been Martiangod for many years, but in SG that started getting trimmed to MG, you lazy slobs :)
Well anyhow, poop was hittin the fan around me, and as in any good IRC fight, the real name comes out and I callz ya out.
Anyhow, after a run in in SG I decided to get "REAL" and asked Philip to change my user name to Chris, don't know why I picked that name, but it seemed fitting at the time, after all it is on my birth certificate, short for Christopher.
The present Avatar is My dad an RHLI Military Bugler Cpl, now deseased, I have him up as a gesture for the 4 Canadians soldiers that were killed in the war this week, Dad blew the Post with more heart and soul then I've ever heard.
The pic was lifted from a shot of him at the Dieppe War memorial where he was requested by the Queen to blow the post for the 20th annivesary of the Dieppe Raids where 907 Canadian Soldiers lost their lives on August 19, 1942
RIP

Christopher R Taunton

Dieppe, a good read
RoscoPColtrane

Post by RoscoPColtrane »

Originally posted by Banshee
Banshee - ride at Cedar Point now known as Mantis
AHHh yes cedar point!! IM going there for my senior trip for HS!! :D Ive always liked the RAPTOR!!!
****************************************************************************************
Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!
RoscoPColtrane

Post by RoscoPColtrane »

JBKM = my initials!

John is the first name! :D
****************************************************************************************
Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!