World Trade Centers

General Topics Archive of defining/memorable/informative/classic/interesting threads from our forums, including everything not covered by our broadband archive.
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

Sorry if I mislead you Nick, but when I said "none of us" i was speaking of the people here on this board. Wasn't speaking for our government.
Nick Hamilton

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Ok Ok,
Hypothetically, Lets say that George Dubbewya Bush has declared war, do you support this. Knowing full well what the outcome will be like.
Dias

Post by Dias »

Originally posted by Nick Hamilton
Ok Ok,
Hypothetically, Lets say that George Dubbewya Bush has declared war, do you support this. Knowing full well what the outcome will be like.
Frankly my good man .. i do not know . Whatever courses my gov and you gov makes, i guess id go along . I believe in Ethics in war, stupid as that may sound .
I dont care what you say bout me , but dont hate when you dont know....
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

Ok Ok,
Easy, I support my country.
Nick Hamilton

Post by Nick Hamilton »

I goto go now, but its been a pleasure discussing this with you all.
I genuinely hope it all works out and you all find some relief.
It has been a terrible tradgedy, not right, not fair.
Nick.
Dias

Post by Dias »

I goto go now, but its been a pleasure discussing this with you all.
I genuinely hope it all works out and you all find some relief.
It has been a terrible tradgedy, not right, not fair.
Nick.
Have a good one man ... we all feeling this,........
I dont care what you say bout me , but dont hate when you dont know....
LukeMan
Advanced Member

Post by LukeMan »

posted by nick
Who Said that none of you are going to start a war, if Bush is representing the general sentiment (which as president isnt that his job?) He said himself (cant remember the exact quote) that america will stage an attack on any government found to be responsible.
What W said was that justice would be swift and sure for any who supported or aided the terrorist. That is a far cry from "attacking any government".

I have been watching the postings all day and refrained from commenting. Your posting was one of the most balanced I have seen all day till you said this.

As one who has been seen war first hand it is not a pretty thing. However, America will track down and bring to justice those responsible for this acts. It is our right and our duty and one can only hope that justice is swift and sure.
They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".

Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991
ColdFusion

Post by ColdFusion »

Ok, im still on the 4th page but i must post. When i heard this @ school... the 1st thing i thought about was Prey, and all the other people. Omg im starting to cry. THis is so sad. Who could do such a thing, all those kids sitting at home waiting for there mommy and daddy to come home. Dammit. Im so glad everyone is ok, prey seriouisly, god im so happy you are safe, damn imagine if you took that job.

Now, if bush diclares war, they say that if a nuke hits anywhere, it can destroy half of the us in 13seconds. If he declares war, the best thing to do is just send ****ing all the planes in a bomb them to nothing, or they are gonna drop some huge **** on us. Im so scared, everyone is saying that there is not going to be a war, and i kept on saying yes there is. Look at the future. It can all happen. So many people dying. Dammit in those buildings, the people on the top floor, no hope at all and they know it. Just imagine everyone being so calm down the stairways. Then just falling. All those people that lost there lives in less then 5 seconds. I cant believe this. Someone has to be so sick... just ****ing messed up.

I dont know what to do, seriously, Canada and USA stick together. If USA goes to war, so do we.

I dunno, if ur country asked you to goto war.. would you ?

PS: Something that is so different about this thread, is that there are no smilies. That just makes me even more sadder. I dont know why, but it just means how serioius it is. This is very seriousy people. We have no clue. Im scared to goto bed, what happens if something happens while im astleep.

I just dont know. I just dont really know, except of all the hate i have in my heart. I hope those terrorists, as soon as they crashed, they went straight to hell, and will burn there for ****ing ever.
I have so much sympathy for the people on that plane. Imagine getting a call from your husband or wife, saying that " your plane was hijacked, and that i love you very very much. and there is a good chance im gonna die. So i love you. " Just imagine the terror inside that plane. Just that picture of the plane flying into the building. Just perfect, sliced right through it. Its so damn sicking i wanna puke. This is a day in history, which will never be forgotten, September, 07, 2001.

Just i wonder whats next. The USA does not want to be known as a week country... Well they show that by fighting back, so packistan says, when are they gonna stop... who knows, lets bomb them. Then Packistan calls on a country that is close to them to help fight, and the USA calls on others.. i can see it all happening.

Guys, I dunno, But whatever happens, I love u all.
God bless you guys, and all the people that died on this day. Innocent lives taken.. for what ?

Peace,
Matt
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

Thanks Linuxdawg, I think you put into words what most of us could not throughout the day. be safe
fanta

Post by fanta »

All day long I've been thinking about what happened.

I still cant believe it happened. I remember my mom waking me up telling me about some terrorists in New York. Then I remember my father telling me that The World Trade Center Towers were toppled...I couldn't believe it.

What a shocking day.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Originally posted by fanta
All day long I've been thinking about what happened.

I still cant believe it happened. I remember my mom waking me up telling me about some terrorists in New York. Then I remember my father telling me that The World Trade Center Towers were toppled...I couldn't believe it.

What a shocking day.
Yea I know how you feel. My sister was getting ready for work, i was sleeping and my mom was making breakfast for her. She heard on radio and said pretty loud about what had happened. I jumped outta bed, turn on the tv, and sadly it was true..
Croc

Post by Croc »

This series of acts defies belief and yet there it is.

To all those affected in any way by this act of terrorism I pray for you all in this. What a tragic loss of innocent life and to prove what? Among these were 70 Australian workers or tourists.

I hope the response to this terrorism will be swift and complete. Applying the death penalty would be too good for the perpetrators of this terrible, terrible crime.
Be strong my American friends.

A saddened and angry Croc.
Croc.
It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
Winston Churchill
Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.
dreww71

Post by dreww71 »

Originally posted by LiNuXdAwG
Ok, im still on the 4th page but i must post. When i heard this
Now, if bush diclares war, they say that if a nuke hits anywhere, it can destroy half of the us in 13seconds. If he declares war, the best thing to do is just send ****ing all the planes in a bomb them to nothing, or they are gonna drop some huge **** on us. Im so scared, everyone is saying that there is not going to be a war, and i kept on saying yes there is. Look at the future. It can all happen. So many people dying. Dammit in those buildings, the people on the top floor, no hope at all and they know it. Just imagine everyone being so calm down the stairways. Then just falling. All those people that lost there lives in less then 5 seconds. I cant believe this. Someone has to be so sick... just ****ing messed up.

I dont know what to do, seriously, Canada and USA stick together. If USA goes to war, so do we.

I dunno, if ur country asked you to goto war.. would you ?

PS: Something that is so different about this thread, is that there are no smilies. That just makes me even more sadder. I dont know why, but it just means how serioius it is. This is very seriousy people. We have no clue. Im scared to goto bed, what happens if something happens while im astleep.

I just dont know. I just dont really know, except of all the hate i have in my heart. I hope those terrorists, as soon as they crashed, they went straight to hell, and will burn there for ****ing ever.
I have so much sympathy for the people on that plane. Imagine getting a call from your husband or wife, saying that " your plane was hijacked, and that i love you very very much. and there is a good chance im gonna die. So i love you. " Just imagine the terror inside that plane. Just that picture of the plane flying into the building. Just perfect, sliced right through it. Its so damn sicking i wanna puke. This is a day in history, which will never be forgotten, September, 07, 2001.

Just i wonder whats next. The USA does not want to be known as a week country... Well they show that by fighting back, so packistan says, when are they gonna stop... who knows, lets bomb them. Then Packistan calls on a country that is close to them to help fight, and the USA calls on others.. i can see it all happening.

Guys, I dunno, But whatever happens, I love u all.
God bless you guys, and all the people that died on this day. Innocent lives taken.. for what ?

Peace,
Matt

What does Packistan have to do with this? And who is the US going to declare war against? More likely that US will seek out the individuals responsible and bring them to justice rather than blanket bombing of innocent people.
Trust me...I'm an economist!!
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Originally posted by dreww71

What does Packistan have to do with this? And who is the US going to declare war against? More likely that US will seek out the individuals responsible and bring them to justice rather than blanket bombing of innocent people.
I think he may have been mistaken and had intended to say Afghanistan...they're known to be sheltering bin laden...the US leaders have made it pointedly clear that the government who is sheltering those who were responsible for this will shoulder the weight of retaliation as well...
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
jayyy

Post by jayyy »

You bomb a nation`s biggest economic hubs and their most important military intelligence base, killing thousands, its a pretty safe bet they`re going to declare war on you. Those are the consequences you face.￾@I feel sympathy for the organization or country that did this like I feel sympathy for someone who walks up to a 6'6, 300-pound guy in a bar and hits him over the head with a beer bottle.

So suppose afghanistan does go up in a mushroom cloud...well, thats really no more than anyone would expect, is it?
Funny is when a fat lady walks around while someone plays the tuba. Once you've seen that, you'll never laugh at anything else. Except maybe a skeleton dancing around while someone plays the xylophone, which is almost exactly the opposite of a fat lady walking around while someone plays the tuba. Well, a skeleton is the opposite of a fat lady. But is a xylophone the opposite of a tuba? History will decide.
dreww71

Post by dreww71 »

Some of you may not know but many in Afghanistan live under oppression brought about by the Taliban regime. Bombing these innocent people would be a tragic mistake. Make no mistake those responsible should be punished, but lets make sure who they are and where they are, so that innocent people are not killed.
Trust me...I'm an economist!!
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

I just heard my cousins are all safe and accounted for!!!!

They two who are NY Cops were both on vacation right now :D I'm glad to hear they're safe and sound
Three Rivers Designs wrote:America! Love it or give it back!
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

Originally posted by CiscoCert
I just heard my cousins are all safe and accounted for!!!!

They two who are NY Cops were both on vacation right now :D I'm glad to hear they're safe and sound
glad to hear your family is safe as well CiscoCert.
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

They are not even in the country righ tnow, they took a cruise in the Bahamas, I wonder how they gunna get back...they gotta fly home from Florida back to the city...
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

They are not even in the country righ tnow, they took a cruise in the Bahamas, I wonder how they gunna get back...they gotta fly home from Florida back to the city...
When they do fly home, I have a feeling it will be the safest flight they have ever been on.
mjhaston

Post by mjhaston »

"You bomb a nation`s biggest economic hubs and their most important military intelligence base, killing thousands, its a pretty safe bet they`re going to declare war on you. Those are the consequences you face.￾@I feel sympathy for the organization or country that did this like I feel sympathy for someone who walks up to a 6'6, 300-pound guy in a bar and hits him over the head with a beer bottle.

So suppose afghanistan does go up in a mushroom cloud...well, thats really no more than anyone would expect, is it?"

==============

Good points, I just hope it's constant pounding and not a mushroom cloud. Who knows where that would drift. I wasn't on this site yesterday and had to catch up through this amazing thread today. I was getting my news from the Howard Stern Show down here in Philly. AMAZING is all I can say. I didn't see the TV coverage until much later. To hear them describe the towers being hit and later collapsing was chilling to say the least. I've seen 10 hours of coverage and it still seems unreal.

Get anyone involved in any way and take out any terrorist names that we know of while we are at it. It appears that maybe 10,000 innocent people are dead over here. I'm told in 'those' countries over there if you are caught stealing they chop your hand off....so be it!

I'm having real problems diguesting that my tax dollars help pr*cks like them and school in my country train them to come back around and f**k us like this. It's appearing the bastards that flew those jets were training in some Florida aviation school.

At the least we'd better wise up with our security and who we allow in and who we teach. I read that when some of these hijackers names showed up on passanger list, red lights went off immediately....why didn't they go off yesterday morning?

They have no fear of dying for their cause, so they won't be afraid when we kill them.
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

Two are cops, I don't know when they come home though
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

Get my dads in Germany right now were worried how he plans on coming back .it was planned for him to be home by Friday but at the looks of things they wont open up International flights for a while now. At least on the bright side he has Americn citizenship. :)
---the Iranian Fury
cybotron r_9

Post by cybotron r_9 »

Originally posted by IranianHobo

Get my dads in Germany right now were worried how he plans on coming back .it was planned for him to be home by Friday but at the looks of things they wont open up International flights for a while now. At least on the bright side he has Americn citizenship. :)
I thought u weren't coming back till Sat. :rotfl:
AAF Striker

Post by AAF Striker »

I was watching MSNBC or something, and it said that New York has asked the government for 6,000 body bags. I have a feeling they might need more. :(
ADPankow

Post by ADPankow »

Kill Osama bin Laden!!! Kill that sorry a** mother f***er!!! No one should even try to rest knowing he is still at bay and could attack the U.S. again at any time. If I saw him right now I would kill him and hang him from the Statue of Liberty.... that would be justice for him in my eyes.
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

Originally posted by John
I have a feeling there aren't going to be many complete bodies out there. :o

ya jet fuel burns pretty damn hot!
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
ADPankow

Post by ADPankow »

nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

Originally posted by ADPankow
Wait guys I just got an idea.... how about we hijack some Afghan air planes wire em up so we can fly them remotely and then crash them into Afghanistan buildings until they turn over Osama bin Laden? :rotfl:

don't even joke about that!!!!
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
freckmoto
Advanced Member

I'm F***ING SCARED

Post by freckmoto »

I don't want another draft, or another vietnam. Can't stop thinking about Apocalypse Now Redux . . . The Horror.

Freck
MSI K7T266 PRO 2 RU
Athlon XP 1600+ Not o/ced for now
512 Megs PC2100 Mushkin CAS 2
ATI AIW Radeon 8500 DV
Audigy
30 gig IBM
Soon adding another huge hd for tivo storage.
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Wait guys I just got an idea.... how about we hijack some Afghan air planes wire em up so we can fly them remotely and then crash them into Afghanistan buildings until they turn over Osama bin Laden? :rotfl:
And bring us down to their level? I don't think so...
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

Hey Cisco, I'm glad that your cousins are OK. I went to the Academy this morning but they wouldn't even let me near it.
owned by pac0z atm

bartjones

Post by bartjones »

Here's an interesting quote I found in CNN's archives.

December 15, 1999

U.S. to Taliban: We will hold you responsible for any bin Laden attacks

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States has issued a "serious warning" to the Taliban authorities who control most of Afghanistan that they will be held responsible for any anti-American terrorist attacks linked to Osama bin Laden. Michael Sheehan, assistant secretary of state for counterterrorism, issued the warning in New York on Monday to Abdul Hakeem Mujahid, the Taliban's chief representative to the United Nations.

Taliban Foreign Minister Wakil Ahmed Muttawakil, called the U.S. warning to Americans about possible terrorist attacks linked to bin Laden "propaganda."

"We informed the U.S. then and we say again today that Osama is not doing anything and it is not possible for him to do anything to another country from Afghanistan," Muttawakil said in a telephone interview from southern Kandahar, the Taliban's headquarters.
he who believes he can and he who believes he cannot, are both right.
SGTMAJRET
Advanced Member

Post by SGTMAJRET »

Yeah and Libya, Syria, Iran, and Iraq haven't provided shelter and assistance to terrorists either. Try that line on someone else. :mad:
rceking

Let's do the job right this time!!!!!

Post by rceking »

I can't help but believe that even tho I believe Asama bin Laden is involved in this atrocity he was not acting alone, I believe he was joined in whole or in part by the ---hole in Iraq Saddam Hussain in this gutless attack on innocent people. I also believe that the harboring county that bin Laden is in is VERY involed in this attack. I therefore stand behind our government and the U.S. Military in thier soon to come actions against those involved, including but not limited to total destruction of all terrorist training camps, government and military buildings and goverment infrastructures. I would even go as far as encouraging the elimination from power of any government leader involed however that may be accomplished!

Thank you for allowing me to vent!

God Bless The United States Of America !!!!!!!
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Your little smiling face combined with your message makes me want to vomit.

Poor taste, very poor taste.
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

Originally posted by SGTMAJRET
Yeah and Libya, Syria, Iran, and Iraq haven't provided shelter and assistance to terrorists either. Try that line on someone else. :mad:
Heres a little true story I have to tell:

About two years before the revoultion my dad was in Iran just returned from England afterrecieving his masters in engineering at a college thier. He recieves a letter from a fellow classmate who is natural born British and by the name of Brian, who says that he has recieved work in Iran to help build a pipeline that the goverment was sponsering.

Turns out my father who spoke both English and Farsi at the time had also recieved and offer from the same company to work in the same division. However my father who has better credentials then his friend Brian was offered about one third of his wage. My father complains to the company chief (who is a rich Iranian) and is told "Brian has blue eyes and blond hair, you are Iranian you have brown eyes and black hair, you and brian are different".

In Iran at the time high ranking and rich Iranians had favored Americans and English over thier own people and henceforth becuase of that and some other reasons hate was born. What I am saying is that we haved wronged them and they have wronged us.

Now of course many of you never accept that although to an Iranian it obviously occured. And no Iranian would ever accept the story(just a figure of speech) of thier goverment hiding terrorist to be tue, although most americans obviuoly does.

It is in my opinion that the truth lays somewhere in between.
---the Iranian Fury
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

Um really just sick. See people like this make of the small poportion of the population who are terrorists. The majarity of the public looks down at them theyre actions do not represent the people of where they come from.
---the Iranian Fury
Spkfothded

Post by Spkfothded »

This is the wave of the future...they have acheived (whoever "they" are) what they had set out to do. Life has been totally distrupted for us all for a very long time to come. Financial markets are trembling. Civil liberties are out the window. Paranoia rules. We can talk all day about our resolve to combat terrorism, about how we are going to bring someone to "justice" (what does this mean? some kind of trial and execution? blowing up various camps and third world countries? ). Anything we do will only add fuel to the fire. If we do nothing, they have won. If we kill all the people we believe had a part, it will cement the ferver into further generations, and new unique ways to terror will evolve.

I firmly believe there is NO answer, and this is only the beginning. Bush has no need to declare "war" on anyone. It is already in progress.

I guess nature will find a way to cull the human herd, no matter what.
andrewe77

Post by andrewe77 »

1. Increase security at airports where inbound international flights are received.
2. Require multiple forms of identity from foreigners entering the U.S.
3. Hire marshals to be on sensitive flights or when threats are received.
4. Contact the Taliban in Afghanistan and demand the turnover of Osama Bin Laden within 48 hours.
5. If #4 is not met, bomb government targets in the capital of Kabul.
6. Paratroop tanks and military into Afghanistan to stabilize and establish a new government.
7. Ask all countries in the world to declare war on terrorism and to refrain from harboring any suspects of international terrorism.
8. If intelligence finds #7 not being met, economic sanctions and military force will be required.

Did I forget anything?