World Trade Centers

General Topics Archive of defining/memorable/informative/classic/interesting threads from our forums, including everything not covered by our broadband archive.
smaier69

Post by smaier69 »

now 2 aircraft carriers have been deployed..... one to New York, dont know where the second is headed.
"I think this day will go down as a black day in the history of mankind"

-Leo Szilard - December 2, 1942, following the first successful nuclear fission test.
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

Bunch of crazy Islamic SOB's!!!!! Them and there religion can all go to hell, and after this, they most definitely will!!!! They had better stay off the streets of NYC if they know whats good for them. I wouldn't do anything, but there are a bunch of crazy NY'rs that will. Islamics can kiss my ass and go straight to hell. Bunch of crazy lunatics and their stupid religion. That's not a religion, that's an Freakin cult. They will pay for this!!! They MUST!! I say wipe out the whole freakin country with no remorse whatsoever!!
owned by pac0z atm

smaier69

Post by smaier69 »

well, the country of Palestine may have denied involvement, but they are having a party at our expense on the West Bank.

-Leo Szilard - December 2, 1942, following the first successful nuclear fission test.
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

US/CANADIAN BORDER ON HIGH ALERT POSSIBLY TO BE SHUT DOWN
cybotron r_9

Post by cybotron r_9 »

this will surely bring our country closer together
no matter who u are :mad:
MRB

Post by MRB »

It is time, forget the terrorist but let's go after the countries host them. If a country host this terrorist is because they support they cause and by supporting they declare WAR to USA, is time for all tax money went into weapons to show results.

Very sad Day...
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

I think I am going to give up my tax rebate. I got the letal in the mail that it was undeliverable because of the post office. I think I will let tthem keep it.
JamieLee2k

Post by JamieLee2k »

another building in NY is about to collapse due to all the debree
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

ken these terroriests train for years move in years before attacks and wait knowing they'll win, now we need to make a stand! this cant continue
mouse

Post by mouse »

Prey there is a gas leak in Lower manhatten, and they expect more buildings to collapse. GET OUT NOW!!!!!! Go somewhere safe prey....

And some one find Hell_Yes and the rest of our Members, where is Evilajax????
"By replying to you, I acknowledge that you exist. By Ignoring you, I am mearly saying that you are not worthy of breathing."
SeedOfChaos

Post by SeedOfChaos »

Originally posted by Prey521
Bunch of crazy Islamic SOB's!!!!! Them and there religion can all go to hell, and after this, they most definitely will!!!! They had better stay off the streets of NYC if they know whats good for them. I wouldn't do anything, but there are a bunch of crazy NY'rs that will. Islamics can kiss my ass and go straight to hell. Bunch of crazy lunatics and their stupid religion. That's not a religion, that's an Freakin cult. They will pay for this!!! They MUST!! I say wipe out the whole freakin country with no remorse whatsoever!!
I totally understand your rage bro, 100%!!!! But be careful, don't judge them all for the wrongdoings of some. For example, don't condemn vegeto, I bet he's having a DAMN HARD TIME now.

Our TV showed pictures of people in Nablus and Jerusalem celebrating on the streets...

no mercy, no reason, just pain....
ex-WoW-addict
mouse

Post by mouse »

Originally posted by Ken
It seems that the planes all came from Boston's Logan. Some heads will and should roll there.

How did they get past security?
Inside info & connections with out a doubt...
They need to arrest all of the airport personel until this gets sorted out. For their protection and ours...
One came out of Dulles airport in washington
"By replying to you, I acknowledge that you exist. By Ignoring you, I am mearly saying that you are not worthy of breathing."
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

oh my ****ing god..

I just saw a clip.. they showed a bunch of PALISTANIANS CELEBRATING!!!

wtf is wrong.... and there's this ol lady making all this noise and laffing...what the hell?!?!?!
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

NIGHTOWL HAS REPORTED THAT THE US CANADIAN BORDER IS NOW CLOSED
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

University of Michigan just closed.

And yeah Mike, the Bridge and Tunnel to Canada here in Detroit have been closed.
crazyman
SG Elite

Post by crazyman »

Originally posted by Immortal
oh my ****ing god..

I just saw a clip.. they showed a bunch of PALISTANIANS CELEBRATING!!!

wtf is wrong.... and there's this ol lady making all this noise and laffing...what the hell?!?!?!
I saw that one,,,pretty crazy!?!??!pretty sick...pretty sad :(
[CHORUS]
Cause I'm a problem child
mouse

Post by mouse »

The National guard has been deployed in New York city to handle the situation...
cybotron r_9

Post by cybotron r_9 »

mayor juliany is talking about evacuating Manhattan
BMED
SG Elite

Post by BMED »

Originally posted by mikemean
US/CANADIAN BORDER ON HIGH ALERT POSSIBLY TO BE SHUT DOWN

I'm at work right now in Detroit, the border in closed. The bridge and tunnel to Canada were closed about 10:45AM. I work for the VA Medical Center in downtown Detroit, we are now on alert and have been activated for emergency status.....this is going to be a long day!

My prayers go out to all of the victims and their families, God save us all!

Good Luck to everyone, this is only the beginning.

God Speed, BMED
smaier69

Post by smaier69 »

i agree fully with Seed. it still has not been confirmed who is really behind this. bin Ladin, Islamic Jahad, Iran and Iraq are all potential suspects.

not everybody who lives in Palestine believes in this, though there are those who are celebrating there and elsewhere. there is a 5 year old girl in Palestine who i am sure has no involvement, and should not have a bomb dropped on her because of where she lives.

crazyman
SG Elite

Post by crazyman »

all the US Mexican borders were shut down
[CHORUS]
Semyaza

New Info

Post by Semyaza »

New Info

Ok Bin Ladin the guy they think is involved they say is in hiding oc course and hes backed by afganistan. so maybe we will go to war with them.
Randy

Post by Randy »

i would take a guess @ iraq!
Brent
SG VIP

Post by Brent »

Massive Attacks Destroy World Trade Center, Hit Pentagon
September 11, 2001 11:10 AM ET
By Alan Elsner, National Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Three hijacked planes crashed into major U.S. landmarks on Tuesday, destroying both of New York's mighty twin towers, hitting the Pentagon in Washington and plunging the United States into unprecedented chaos and panic.
Loss of life was expected to be catastrophic from the collapse of the giant towers of the World Trade Center where many thousands of people work. The two enormous edifices both fell in a huge cloud of smoke and fire two hours after the initial impacts.

New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani said there had been a "tremendous number of lives lost" in the attacks on his city.

Another plane crashed near Pittsburgh. It was not clear if this was another attempted hijacking.

Hospitals in New York were overwhelmed with patients as a massive cloud billowed into the blue skies over Manhattan where the city skyline had been dramatically and permanently altered.

"Hundreds of people are burned from head to toe," said Dr. Steven Stern at St. Vincent's Hospital in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of lower Manhattan.

"The whole of lower Manhattan is coated in half an inch of dust," Reuters reporter Daniel Sternoff said.

BUSH CUTS SHORT VISIT

President Bush cut short a visit to Florida and rushed back to Washington to face the greatest crisis of his young presidency.

He called the deliberate aerial assaults an "apparent terrorist attack", and ordered a full-scale investigation. Early speculation about the source of the attack centered on Saudi-born guerrilla leader Osama Bin-Laden.

It was the most dramatic and deadly attack on the U.S. mainland in modern history. The attacks forced the evacuation of all government buildings in Washington, including the White House and other tall buildings around the country, cut cell phone communications on the East Coast and grounded all commercial planes in the United States.

Early reports said all three planes used in the attacks were hijacked, one of them from Boston and one from Washington. It was not immediately known who flew the planes and what happened to them.

The day of horror began around 9 a.m. in New York when the first plane plowed into the south tower of New York's World Trade Center, as thousands of workers were streaming into the building to begin their day.

It opened a huge hole near the top of the building. Two hours later, the whole building in which thousands of people collapsed on itself in a huge cloud of smoke and fire.

TV stations caught the second plane plowing into the second of the twin towers, exploding in a fire ball a few minutes after the first impact. That building caved in about an hour after the first.

Shortly afterward, a third plane crashed into or near the Pentagon in Washington, throwing people off their feet inside the building and setting off a massive fire.

Amid confusion, news organizations reported another explosion at the State Department but this was later denied. Other reports spoke of another hijacked plane heading toward the capital.

GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS EVACUATED

All government buildings including the White House and the Capitol and the CIA were evacuated. The Federal Aviation Authority grounded all planes in the United States, an unprecedented step.

"It's clear that this is terrorist-related, we're not sure who is responsible," one official said of the Pentagon attack.

"There was no advance warning of this," the official said on condition of anonymity.

One of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center was American Airlines' Flight 11 from Boston to Los Angeles, said Lori Bassani, spokesperson for American's flight attendants union.

Bassani said if full, the flight on the Boeing 767 would carry 158 passengers. That would include two pilots and nine or 10 flight attendants, she said.

She said she did not know how many people were on board.

"Terrorism against our nation will not stand," Bush said before leaving Florida for the capital.

"Today we've had a national tragedy. Two airplanes have crashed into the World Trade Center in an apparent terrorist attack on our country," he said, speaking before schoolchildren, teachers and parents at Emma E. Booker Elementary School, where he had planned to talk about education.

"I have spoken to the vice president, to the governor of New York, to the director of the FBI, and have ordered that the full resources of the federal government go to help the victims and the families and to conduct a full scale investigation to hunt down and to find those folks who committed this act," said Bush.

He called for a moment of silence. "May God bless the victims, their families and America," Bush said, his voice breaking with emotion.

Bin Laden, a Saudi millionaire and Islamic militant, believed to be in exile in Afghanistan, was blamed for the 1998 bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in which 224 people died.

An Arab journalist with access to bin Laden told Reuters in London that the renegade Saudi three weeks ago had warned of an "unprecedented attack" on U.S. interests.

The previous worst act of terrorism in the United States was the 1995 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City in which 168 people died. Timothy McVeigh was executed for that attack earlier this year

A previous bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993 resulted in six deaths and hundreds of injuries.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

PRESIDENT BUSH WILL NOT RETURN TO WASHINGTON
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

PRESIDENT WILL BE ON TV SHORTLY STAY TUNED
pooljerk

Post by pooljerk »

Bush boarding Air force 1 in Colorado Springs. Peterson A.F.B
Tears
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

BUSH HAS LANDED IN SHREIVEPROT LOUISIANA
Brent
SG VIP

Post by Brent »

President Bush is in Shreevport, Louisiana, he will make his annoucement there from what i hear.....
crazyman
SG Elite

Post by crazyman »

Originally posted by Brent
President Bush is in Shreevport, Louisiana, he will make his annoucement there from what i hear.....
they probably won't say really where he is at,,it needs to be kept secret in times like this.
[CHORUS]
magg

Post by magg »

My condolences to all Americans. I hope none of you have lost or injured friends or family.

FYI, alert states for Government buildings, civilian and military, have been raised in the UK. All British aircraft are grounded. Canary Warf, London Stock Exchange and other buildings are evacuated because of our ties with the US.

Good luck catching the terrorists and rebuilding your country.
cybotron r_9

Post by cybotron r_9 »

Originally posted by magg
My condolences to all Americans. I hope none of you have lost or injured friends or family.

FYI, alert states for Government buildings, civilian and military, have been raised in the UK. All British aircraft are grounded. Canary Warf, London Stock Exchange and other buildings are evacuated because of our ties with the US.

Good luck catching the terrorists and rebuilding your country.
thnx, be safe :)
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

I don't generalize a certain race/religion, it's just that my anger, emotions it all has the best of me right now, I just dunno what to think!!!! Didn't mean to offend anyone really.
owned by pac0z atm

lurker

Post by lurker »

BUSH is on now! watch.
smaier69

Post by smaier69 »

i know what you are saying Prey. i am raging as well. i would just like to know for sure who is to blame, and then.....

extermination with extreme prejudice.

SeedOfChaos

Post by SeedOfChaos »

Originally posted by Prey521
I don't generalize a certain race/religion, it's just that my anger, emotions it all has the best of me right now, I just dunno what to think!!!! Didn't mean to offend anyone really.
Bro, I fully understand, I can't imagine what you must be going through. :( This is a sad day.
ex-WoW-addict
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

Originally posted by lurker
BUSH is on now! watch.
WHAT CHANNEL
Brent
SG VIP

Post by Brent »

check out http://www.hardocp.com Kyle has been posting lots of news as it happend on the front page...

check out his latest post:
While I don't really want to report rumor and speculation here, this one seems totally plausible and has come from a source that I personally know.

My best friend is Army Airborne . . . the Army has told him...supposedly hush hush that 11 Planes have been hijacked, we have only heard about the crashed ones.

Again, this is totally unsubstantiated and has not been reported by ANY major new organization.
Brent
SG VIP

Post by Brent »

they just said on the news that the astronauts on the space station in orbit can actually see the smoke rising from new york... from space, wow
lurker

Post by lurker »

Originally posted by mikemean

WHAT CHANNEL
Well he was on for like a minute only. Basically said "we're gonna find out who did this" then he left. He was at some elementry school. He'll be back later for a longer speech.