World Trade Centers

General Topics Archive of defining/memorable/informative/classic/interesting threads from our forums, including everything not covered by our broadband archive.
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

BUSH IS AT BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE IN LOISIANA
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Some of you might know that I am in the Marines stationed at Camp Lejeune. I am sitting in my office observing and listening to the crazy stuff going on here. Status changes continiously. I wish I could tell more, but I don't know too much and what I do know cannot be posted here.

Pray for the nation and all the victims. I hope I can go home today.
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

Originally posted by mikemean
BUSH IS AT BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE IN LOISIANA
Our local news confirmed that he is here in Louisiana. Probably won't hang around for long. I was wondering earlier why our city was going into a state of emergency, maybe this is why.
Sliding down the banister of life ..........................
fanta

Post by fanta »

My god I'm stunned.

I still have to go to class today at 6:30 eastern. I dont think I can concentrate. Also today I was supposed to pick up my car...but I dont know what to do now.

I guess I better start preparing my military uniform...I might be reporting to duty soon.

God bless all those whose lives were lost, and affected by this act of war on the US. May god have mercy on those responsible.

Hopefully there wont be anymore attacks for the time being.
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

canada/us border is back open, but all flights in the us/canada have bin grounded
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
JamieLee2k

Post by JamieLee2k »

So I wonder what is going to happen now
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

I just got an e-mail from CoffeeCup software. Here is a direct quote of what they yhad to say:
We would like to also say on record that if any country
is found responsible for these attacks, we call for that
country's complete destruction and annihilation.
Three Rivers Designs wrote:America! Love it or give it back!
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

Originally posted by fanta
May god have mercy on those responsible
I wish I could share those same feelings Chris, but I just can't!!!
owned by pac0z atm

nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

CN tower has bin evacuated and closed down in toronto
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
sean_numark

Terrorist Attack

Post by sean_numark »

The ****ing bastards are going to pay for what they have done, who the **** do they think they are? lets bomb the ****ers right away and let them rot in hell. Any Americans out there we ALL feel for you i cant even begin to think how you feel but who ever did this will have there payback I ASURE YOU!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

Originally posted by mikemean

I'm sorry, and this is going to be the most racist thing I have ever said, but all Arabs should be rounded up and sent back to their own country.
ok mikemean, your on my ignore list from now on because of that comment...

and about this issue, yes we muslims get blamed for it, the guy on the news was saying "muslims believe that people who sacrifice themselves will go to a better place." That got me sooo ticked off. Yes it probably was bin ladan, but Bin Ladan is a psycho, what he is doing is not jihad (holy war). probably only .5 % of muslims believe bin ladan. Now what you just said mikemean wasnt just to arabs, but was to me and all the muslims that live in US. People like bin ladan give Muslims an extremely bad name.

If any of you guys were watching when those children and women (who were muslim also), jumping up and down happily because the US was hit, they have a reason to. Who is supporting the israelis? the US. Who is fighting the Israelis? the Palestinians. which means that the Palestinians are against the US. Of course they would jump up and down.

I felt extremely weird when i heard this, and was there a month ago looking up at it. It felt as if i was in a movie or something. I thought of prey when i remember him saying that he lived in manhattan, and i was like "oh Sh!t."

I hope nothing else happens that is extremely big. I am in school right now and i watched the news report while getting ready, and here at my german class. I hope nothing else happens as i said before..
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"
mooseboy8x v2

funny

Post by mooseboy8x v2 »

this shows what racist there are. to totaly condemn a whole group of pepole just because of the actions of a few demented individuals. as i wrote earlier, this sentiment will be far reaching and unfortunatly, many muslim/arabs will unduly be discriminated against and face this same persucution.
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

Sorry Vegeto, but that's how I feel. I am still in shock and don't know if what I fell is right or wrong.
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

Originally posted by smaier69
just liquidate bin Ladin and his followers. no need to kill everybody in Palestine.

BTW they are chanting and singing and giving away candy on the West Bank in celebration of the attacks.
\

first sentence i agree, no need to destroy all of palestine, second one, read my above post.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Mehmet

Re: funny

Post by Mehmet »

Originally posted by mooseboy8x v2
ithis shows what racist there are. to total condemn a whole group of pepole just because of the actions of a few demented individuals. as i wrote earlier, this sentiment will be far fetching and unfortunatly, many muslim/arabs will unduly discriminated against.
agree totally
- Benjamin Franklin

RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

vegeto, watch out for yourself. Many people are pissed at the muslims and arabs today. I would hate very much to hear of you getting attacked or some other dumb sh!t, because some d!ck head can't control their anger.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I will apologize for my fellow SG'ers Vegeto.....

I am Sorry for the rash comments that you are now reading on this forum. The whole thing has shocked most of us into a state of unthinking.

Things are being said in anger and confusion. Please forgive us.
"By replying to you, I acknowledge that you exist. By Ignoring you, I am mearly saying that you are not worthy of breathing."
Brent
SG VIP

Post by Brent »

I saw this posted in the Hardforums
"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654
"Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor
CoolJ

Post by CoolJ »

"shocked most of us into a state of unthinking.

Things are being said in anger and confusion"

Very true. Dont take it to heart Veg. Im sure you have said things too when you were mad.

Your cool in my book :)
** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
My IROC-Z28
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

I offer my appology. I just woke up and was still sleepy and a little angry. Again, I offer my own appology. I'm very sorry Vegeto, I didn't realize what I said until it was pointed out that you were muslim. Again, I'm sorry. What I said was in anger, and not appropriate.
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

Originally posted by RoundEye
vegeto, watch out for yourself. Many people are pissed at the muslims and arabs today. I would hate very much to hear of you getting attacked or some other dumb sh!t, because some d!ck head can't control their anger.
I agree man, im watching my back, thats why im gonna get to my dads shop as soon as possible today just so that nothing happens to me. Thanx for careing.
- Benjamin Franklin

SeedOfChaos

Post by SeedOfChaos »

Originally posted by CoolJ
Your cool in my book :)
The problem is he's probably not cool in average-joe's book out in the street :( . I hope you'll be alright vegeto...

Ronald
ex-WoW-addict
blebs

Post by blebs »

Vegeto, I have a neighbor right next door who is Muslim and from Afghanistan. I have not seen him come out of his house since before the jets hit the buildings. I can only imagine what is going through his mind at this point. Might have to go check on him and his family.
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates
crazyman
SG Elite

Post by crazyman »

Originally posted by mouse
I will apologize for my fellow SG'ers Vegeto.....

I am Sorry for the rash comments that you are now reading on this forum. The whole thing has shocked most of us into a state of unthinking.

Things are being said in anger and confusion. Please forgive us.
read this everybody

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread ... adid=46484
[CHORUS]
Cause I'm a problem child
blebs

Post by blebs »

Originally posted by crazyman

read this everybody

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread ... adid=46484
We as a nation, always jump the gun, so to speak. You have brought some reality back to the situation Crazyman. Thank you for reminding us!
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

Originally posted by blebs99
Vegeto, I have a neighbor right next door who is Muslim and from Afghanistan. I have not seen him come out of his house since before the jets hit the buildings. I can only imagine what is going through his mind at this point. Might have to go check on him and his family.
damn man, can you please tell me what happens when you go check up on him? I would hate for him to get stabbed or something. thanx/
- Benjamin Franklin

RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

Their closing malls, the Riverwalk and access to the Mississippi river. It's being rumored that they are moving Bush up the river to avoid him being in the air. I don't think it's true though. It's getting weird around here. Lots of things closing and limited access to buildings, our guard is on alert, and our military bases also are on alert.
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

i gotta go, i will talk when i get access to a comp.

bye all
- Benjamin Franklin

cybotron r_9

Post by cybotron r_9 »

America the beautiful, America the great
we shall survive this and be a great nation once again

just a thought shouldn't we have taken Bin ladin out when we had the chance :mad:

America the beautiful
princess

Post by princess »

i just want to say that im glad my dad is no longer in the service. scares me. but i called my mom and she sad they could call him to serve even though he's retired. hope they dont.

i just want to tell anyone that is in the service to be safe, i will prey for you and your family, and may God be with you. i know that what has happened means war and our military will be called to assist our country. just thought i'd wish you luck.
Merc

Post by Merc »

I have to go But First thing I thought was man This will be a BIG THREAD ON SG.

Current Mood = Extremly Pissed off to the point of going insane.
We have seen their kind before. They're the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions, by abandoning every value except the will to power, they follow in the path of fascism, Nazism and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way to where it ends in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.
Jim
SG VIP

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by cybotron r_9

just a thought shouldn't we have taken Bin ladin out when we had the chance :mad:
We never really have had a chance. We've never found him, and although there are always rumors and reports of his whereabouts, he's definately smart enough to avoid the US.
Banshee

omg

Post by Banshee »

We were watching the news all day today in school.

one of my cousins (that were just at my house a few days ago) works on one of the top floors of the world trade center

We can't even call over there, phone lines are dead

hope he is ok

:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

omg
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

Banshee, I pray everything is okay with your cousin. As well I'm sure many others here will to. Hang in there.
lurker

Re: omg

Post by lurker »

Originally posted by Banshee
We were watching the news all day today in school.

one of my cousins (that were just at my house a few days ago) works on one of the top floors of the world trade center

We can't even call over there, phone lines are dead

hope they are ok

:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

omg
sucks to know that.. I really hope that your cousin is alrite..
drdoug99
SG Elite

Post by drdoug99 »

:( :mad: this is pretty bad. may all the people who lost their lives rest in peace..
ace
Location: Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!

Post by ace »

cant beleive all the crazyness that is going on there. :mad:
drdoug99
SG Elite

Post by drdoug99 »

banshee, godspeed for you cousin, hopefully he will be fine.

****, my best friend is stationed virgina for the army, I wonder what he's going through!!? :confused: :(
lurker

Post by lurker »

Originally posted by drdoug99
banshee, godspeed for you cousin, hopefully he will be fine.

****, my best friend is stationed virgina for the army, I wonder what he's going through!!? :confused: :(
One of my friend is stationed at Virgina too. But I'm not sure where..
TheAntipop

Post by TheAntipop »

i havnt read the whole thread but i know everything thats happend cuz we watched it all day at school today. this is truly horrible. the worst attack on the US in the history of our nation. technically we cant go to war because there is no deffinate nation just a group but we can bomb the hell outta some folks. i only wish i was old enough to go. id love to be the one who put the gun to usama binladin's head and pulled the trigger. although i know plenty of people deserve that alot more than me. i wish he could be tortured by every american. i wish they would tie him down and let everybody who wishes to participate tear chunks out of his skin with tweasers. they could make it a televised event and everybody could stand in line to do it. this is total bull**** and there will be reprocussions and bush is gonna hunt em down.
I am the Antipop the man you cannot stop