World Trade Centers

General Topics Archive of defining/memorable/informative/classic/interesting threads from our forums, including everything not covered by our broadband archive.
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

Originally posted by andrewe77
1. Increase security at airports where inbound international flights are received.
2. Require multiple forms of identity from foreigners entering the U.S.
3. Hire marshals to be on sensitive flights or when threats are received.
4. Contact the Taliban in Afghanistan and demand the turnover of Osama Bin Laden within 48 hours.
5. If #4 is not met, bomb government targets in the capital of Kabul.
6. Paratroop tanks and military into Afghanistan to stabilize and establish a new government.
7. Ask all countries in the world to declare war on terrorism and to refrain from harboring any suspects of international terrorism.
8. If intelligence finds #7 not being met, economic sanctions and military force will be required.

Did I forget anything?
Yes. Repeat if necessary
Buggyman

Post by Buggyman »

Originally posted by Spkfothded

I firmly believe there is NO answer, and this is only the beginning. Bush has no need to declare "war" on anyone. It is already in progress.

I need to let it be known that this act allows the President to have a BROAD base power. We have to remember that this Terrorist Group is GLOBAL wide. It is already being reported that this group who did this is mainly from Yeman. The same Group who were involved in the USS Cole attack.
Giving the President this Power will allow him to attack where it is nesscary. It is in affect a message to the WORLD... if you harbor these people you may be a Target.

But I would like to add... We are AMERICANS... we are a diverse group of differance race and religion.

PLEASE do NOT attact any of these People here in America. The Terrorist Group are faction who happened to hate America and if you attack those here then The Terrorist have succeded.

So let the Goverment do it's job and Be PROUD to be an American!
No Question is a dumb Question when it comes to Tweaking!
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

Originally posted by andrewe77
1. Increase security at airports where inbound international flights are received.
2. Require multiple forms of identity from foreigners entering the U.S.
3. Hire marshals to be on sensitive flights or when threats are received.
4. Contact the Taliban in Afghanistan and demand the turnover of Osama Bin Laden within 48 hours.
5. If #4 is not met, bomb government targets in the capital of Kabul.
6. Paratroop tanks and military into Afghanistan to stabilize and establish a new government.
7. Ask all countries in the world to declare war on terrorism and to refrain from harboring any suspects of international terrorism.
8. If intelligence finds #7 not being met, economic sanctions and military force will be required.

Did I forget anything?
yes a lot of the nations that harbor terrorists are already under sanctions. Also reacting with military force to harboring of terrorrists is a very picky issue
---the Iranian Fury
RagMaster

Post by RagMaster »

Crazy Man, you would hate to see what it looks like. i live right here in NYC and it is chaos.
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

Originally posted by John
I have a feeling there aren't going to be many complete bodies out there.

They're takin out the body parts in buckets :(
owned by pac0z atm

Spkfothded

Out of the woodwork they'll come

Post by Spkfothded »

Originally posted by Buggyman

Giving the President this Power will allow him to attack where it is nesscary. It is in affect a message to the WORLD... if you harbor these people you may be a Target.

But I would like to add... We are AMERICANS... we are a diverse group of differance race and religion.

PLEASE do NOT attact any of these People here in America. The Terrorist Group are faction who happened to hate America and if you attack those here then The Terrorist have succeded.

So let the Goverment do it's job and Be PROUD to be an American!
This is a unique situation, declaring war on an ambiguous enemy, who operates not from a sinlge country, but hidden away in many. Just think of how many countries we are going to "declare" war on...we will have to attack in some way a vast majority of the Middle Eastern nations. Pray they don't join together, as we are joining together with our allies, and decide the world needs a truley big holy war. Just as these hijackers were on our soil for quite a long time, surely there are many more waiting in the wings ready to pop out when the sh*t hits the fan. Frenzied, suicidal terrorists in Walmart, another walking across the overpass with 2 lbs of c-4 strapped to his butt, another dumping his load on the tracks in the middle of nowhere, waiting for a nuclear-waste train to pass.
A Speaker for the Dead
(We all have to start somewhere.)
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Well, this whole situation can be compared to going after a serial killer...except that this is on a global scale, and the police, in this sense, is the military. They have more weapons at their disposal, but they will have to track down these terrorists down utilizing police methods...
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
CiscoKid

Post by CiscoKid »

Originally posted by Indy
Well, this whole situation can be compared to going after a serial killer...except that this is on a global scale, and the police, in this sense, is the military. They have more weapons at their disposal, but they will have to track down these terrorists down utilizing police methods...
You're right on the money here Indy. The hardest part is finding the enemy!!!!

Soldeir: "Hello, are you the enemy?"

Osama Bin Ladin: "No, you are!"

Soldeir: "Well, if you see the enemy, can you tell him we're looking for him"

Osama Bin Ladin: "OK"

Soldeir: "Thanks"
Three Rivers Designs wrote:America! Love it or give it back!
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Originally posted by CiscoCert

The hardest part is finding the enemy!!!!
It's certainly not going to be easy, but I think that with the effort that is being put forth by the US government and the will & determination of our people, it'll get done...might take awhile, but it will be done...
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Hard to believe that it's been a week since I first posted here about this...magazines strewn around me about the disaster, CBS news in the background talking to survivors...5100 feared lost and hundreds more confirmed dead...

It's very heartening to see the response that we've gotten from our friends around the world:

http://home.earthlink.net/~hankinhsd/thankyou.htm

Take a moment of your day today and reflect on what you have, and pray for those who have lost loved ones.

God Bless,

Tony
------
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

That link is dead Tony. Earthlink may have killed it. :(
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Try again Mike...I was just able to pull it up :)
------
FunK

Post by FunK »

I think it'll go more like this:

Soldier : "Hi, are you the enemy?"

Osama : "ban nak u stan mak nashta nu do"

Soldier : "BANG!"

That should get the point across.

Next................................

Soldier : "Are you the enemy?".......
Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!
m4a2t0t

Post by m4a2t0t »

Originally posted by FunK
I think it'll go more like this:

Soldier : "Hi, are you the enemy?"

Osama : "ban nak u stan mak nashta nu do"

Soldier : "BANG!"

That should get the point across.

Next................................

Soldier : "Are you the enemy?".......
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Will Work For FSB
Leprocy

Where was i

Post by Leprocy »

I was laying in Bed on an early Monday morning around 6:00 am listening to Xtra Sports 690 a local sports radio show. I guess I must of dozed off for a mere 20 minutes. Cause when I woke I heard Peter Jennings on the radio I was huh what had happen to my sports? I heard something about destruction. My immediate thought was there an Earthquake?
So I turned on the TV, which happen to be quite loud. Cause on that night I dozed off for awhile an then my ass sat on the remote which cranked the sucker up really really loud an woke me from the sleep. So I just hastily turned it off cause I got scared. Then I went to sleep but the TV was stilled turn up really really loud.
Why do I mention this? Well after I heard Peter Jennings and went to turn on the TV to see if it was indeed an Earthquake.
I turned on the loud TV an the first thing i saw a plane crashing into a tower (It was the second plane but i never knew of the first) and since the TV was loud it sounded as if it where outside.

I was like Oh crap man what a horrible accident. Then i saw the smoke coming from the other tower i was man wtf is happening?
I listen more It can't be real It can't be for terror has struck again.

That day I came posting in some forum my shock an why do these things happen. But after that day I became a News junkie. I watched I heard stories; I shook my head in disbelief. The images of the plane crashing into the tower over an over an over. I kept saying this must be some cruel digital special effects hoax. For who would commit such vile acts?

So the time ticked I kept watching ever channel was flooded with sick acts of madness. I needed to escape I watched cartoons, I feed my sadness with sweets. Gaining some weight I indeed did. Sluggish I walked, tears shed again for the missing, the dead, the families and the heroes. I did venture onto the net but I could not post I just read. I read about hate, I read about love, some made me sick and some made me want to give people hugs.
I kept reading an reading what people thought trying to fathom what this whole vile act was about.

"Destroy them!! People said on the digital paper. Destroy their religion too!! Nuke Nuke Nuke bomb them for all the middle easterners in the world are terrorists with diapers on their heads."

Rage was inside of many people, which I understood. But I didn't understand why must they stoop to levels of vile putrid hate spew.
Then came my tooth aching it hurt very much I took pills and more pills to make the aching go away. It worked but the other pain drugs couldn't take away.
I had trouble sleeping well I usually do but more often than i do. I kept thinking, wondering and dreaming. My dreams were quite normal. I dreamt about an adult Punky Brewster she was going to give me a hickey? But i refused I just wanted to hold hands an hug her.I have no idea what that dream was about but it felt Good.

This Act on 9/11/01 forever changed me inside. I heard about JFK and Pearl Harbor. But to me they were always some pages in a high school history book. Now there is another page to be added but this time I'm apart of this page. I now can fully understand what people went through and how people felt. Times will past and young people will read about that page I was apart of. They will probably think like I did about the pages before. I hope their page never comes but when it does they will fully understand what it felt like.
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

It doesn't seem like 6 months since this happened...some days it seems like it was yesterday, other days it feels like it happened years ago.

Watching the 9/11 special on CBS last night brought all of the emotions back to the forefront, especially with the one brother being inside tower 1 when tower 2 collapsed.

My hope is that we never have to endure this again. My fear is that we will.

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,47576,00.html
------
ColdFusion

Post by ColdFusion »

That was so sad watching that... like someone has some ****ing balls to bomb the pentagon! Damn!!!

Soo sad, so many of those firefighters in the lobby didnt even get out and then when you heard the bodies hitting the ground... another life. so sad :cry:

But even though people needed to see what really went on, look at the rage and madness it put in people again, we were all trying to put it in the past.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I for one am glad that they showed it. It did bring up all the bad feelings again and the anger but I think that it is good to hold on to these feelings. I would like to think that when taliban John goes to trial the jury will not have put these images and feelings in the past. and that goes for any of them that we prosecute.

I hate when I turn on the TV and hear about the poor taliban we took away his turban waa waa, they are the enemy and deserve whatever punishment they get...
"By replying to you, I acknowledge that you exist. By Ignoring you, I am mearly saying that you are not worthy of breathing."
ColdFusion

Post by ColdFusion »

Originally posted by mouse
I for one am glad that they showed it. It did bring up all the bad feelings again and the anger but I think that it is good to hold on to these feelings. I would like to think that when taliban John goes to trial the jury will not have put these images and feelings in the past. and that goes for any of them that we prosecute.

I hate when I turn on the TV and hear about the poor taliban we took away his turban waa waa, they are the enemy and deserve whatever punishment they get...
lol mouse ur too funny.. but i agree with what you say. I think the world needs to realize that this is war, and in war there is killing.. so what deal with it. right ? if we didnt kill them, they would be killing us.
JawZ

Post by JawZ »

My birthday is 9/11/1969. I have felt cursed ever since. As a firefighter and a firefighter in the military...I can honestly say that I was profoundly affected by the events that transpired.

I will be going over to the sandbox in September...am I scared? Hell yeah I am. I have a wife and a kid on the way. I'm scared that I will never see them again but I do know that if it means my life for theirs...I'm prepared mentally to make that sacrifice. I want my kid to live in a world free of this fear.

We are in uncharted territory. In time, I know that we will prevail but at what cost?

If I were a world leader my message would be this:

It doesn't have to be this way.
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

I think about 9/11 almost every day...it's not something that I want to think about, but you can't help but think about it...just tonight, on TLC, were several programs about the Trade Center and the Pentagon...

This is something we must not forget, especially in light of the fact that new attacks may be coming: http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/21/gen.wa ... index.html

I thank God every day for our military, and for having the opportunity to serve my country for 11 years. I know we have others on speedguide here that have served faithfully and honorably, and for that, they have my eternal thanks.
------
chevyman282

Post by chevyman282 »

I thought this thread deserved a bump, The TWC tragedy happened before I was a member, I have read most of the posts today, Thanks John for reposting this .....

chevyman282
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
– Theodore Roosevelt
Joint Chiefs of Staff

Post by Joint Chiefs of Staff »

Originally posted by John

Then thank the people serving, and the people who have served in teh past (I would attempt to list but I would be too afraid to miss someone).
Your welcome John. ;)

To my brothers and sisters out there that have served and to the ones that are currently serving...Thank you!
>>Cult Master of International Affairs<<
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

u ppl are gonna make me crazy i am soooo tired, i thought a plnae crashed into the debris/construction just now!

i need to goto bed, yes memorial day is time to honor those that protect us! too bad the banks cant honor us all and stay open!