World Trade Centers

General Topics Archive of defining/memorable/informative/classic/interesting threads from our forums, including everything not covered by our broadband archive.
SGTMAJRET
Advanced Member

Post by SGTMAJRET »

Terrorism is the way of cowards. We will hopefully be more proactive in locating terrorist training areas and supporters and destroy them. We have been far too lenient in regards to this type of warfare.

THIS WAS A DECLARATION OF WAR AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH!
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

Originally posted by TheAntipop
I wish they would tie him down and let everybody who wishes to participate tear chunks out of his skin with tweasers. they could make it a televised event and everybody could stand in line to do it.
Ouch, remind me not too piss you off :D
owned by pac0z atm

IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

Originally posted by SGTMAJRET

THIS WAS A DECLARATION OF WAR AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH!

According to our last President and I am sure our first would agree we already have been at war with terrorism so this is not a decleration of war this is an act of war. You cant declare war twice against the same person.
---the Iranian Fury
SGTMAJRET
Advanced Member

Post by SGTMAJRET »

I truly believe that we will find who was responsible for today's attrocity. I can only hope the reponse will be APPROPRIATE for the crime. This was a challenge to what this country represents. President Bush stated it clearly when he said this was an attack on freedom.

I served in the military for 24 years and trained and went to war, but we had a clear definition of the enemy. It appears we are surrounded by the enemy, an enemy that will not directly face the soldiers of this country, but the innocent populace.

When President Reagan ordered the attack on Khudafi's HQ in the 80's and barely missed him, it did send a message. Khudafi got very quiet from then on. I regret that there will be distrust and hatred directed toward islamic and arabic people now, but the television shots from the West Bank of Palestinians celebrating in the streets doesn't help their image.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families that had no idea they would be casualties of a faceless war. My prayers are with you.
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

Another building has collapsed
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

oh god the verizon building????
---the Iranian Fury
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

It was bulding number seven in that complex.
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

yes the new verizon building just went down. 7 world trade center. thank god the firefighters stayed out of the building for fear of collapse. I can see the smoke from here In Port Washington :eek: Gonna ask my mom to take me out to a peek where we can see the entre skyline
---the Iranian Fury
TriDenTL

DEVASTATION

Post by TriDenTL »

look im in the uk i dont really know what to say about this "words can,t describe this just my thoughts are with the dead and there familys and just everyone out there.......reflection is now and to every action there is a reaction.........peace be with you all TriDenT$@L manchester uk............ :cry:
mouse

Post by mouse »

Afghanistan is under attack...
"By replying to you, I acknowledge that you exist. By Ignoring you, I am mearly saying that you are not worthy of breathing."
RoundEye

Post by RoundEye »

Originally posted by mouse
From the US?

Who's attacking them?
Sliding down the banister of life ..........................
Dias

Post by Dias »

OMG ... this is crazy .. this is just horryfing. I just got home and this.. wow ..... very scary.
I dont care what you say bout me , but dont hate when you dont know....
IranianHobo

Post by IranianHobo »

Wath C-Span. BBC time to get some real news
---the Iranian Fury
TEH WIN
SG Elite

Post by TEH WIN »

It was first said that the Palistenians took blame for this.

This is a horrible tragity.. which i take VERY personally. I love my country... I have a long line of militar in my family. I am very upset...
Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..:p :D
Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?
FunK

Post by FunK »

Supposedly Bush did not order the attacks on Kubal.

After the Afghan's official response of "we feel your pain America" I think that we should respond with the same after we bomb them back to the stone age (If they (and Bin Laden) are the ones responsible of course).

"Hey Afghanistan, we feel your pain. Sure don't know who did that to you. Good luck finding the culprits. Looks like a terrorist attack to me. We would help but we're too busy handling our own issues right now."

FunK
Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!
lurker

Post by lurker »

If we did do the attack, I hope we werent accusing the wrong place.
emixnem

Post by emixnem »

no they are not being attack
cnn just said so..
its just them celebrating
FunK

Post by FunK »

I don't think it matters at this point. It looks to have been an attack from a foriegn power.

With that said, is it completely wrong for us to go after ALL TERRORISTS that have ever acted against the US?

If Bin Ladin didn't do it, so what, he needs to be taken out anyway.

I think we will find out who did it and act on that. However, even if we don't, I think there will be allot of action taken against ALL terrorist cells to get the point across. I also feel that this heat will fall on the nations that harbor these criminals.

Don't forget the USS Cole. Bin Ladin was supposedly part of that attack too.
Do we not go for him if he wasn't part of this attack?
No, we take him out.

FunK
Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!
Joe
SG Elite

Post by Joe »

did anyone watch on CNN the secretary of defense address the press?

He basically said we are going to kick some major ass!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
····

····
Mark

Post by Mark »

Originally posted by FunK

If Bin Ladin didn't do it, so what, he needs to be taken out anyway.

Don't forget the USS Cole. Bin Ladin was supposedly part of that attack too.
Do we not go for him if he wasn't part of this attack?
No, we take him out.

FunK

rigth on man just do it.
7950x~64GBGskill6000~asusx670e~rx6800~2TBNvme-OS drive~4TB-Nvme-scratch~500GB-SSD-thrash~10TB storage~Windows 10
Gman33

Post by Gman33 »

I can't believe them sandbagging mother******* did that to us!!!
Man forget this information collective crap. We should just go there and nuke those f******* middle east countries out of existence!!!

Those people over there are in wars every damn day, they don't know what peace is. To me, these people are not human.
Randy

Post by Randy »

this whole thig has got me trapped like a deer in headlights i cant seem to do anything but think about it im full of anxiety and i feel sad ,,,, i think i am goin to drink a case of beer, even though i know tomarrow it will still be on my mind all day.

I am sorry for you ameican people, you are strong and i know you will comeback even stronger.

you can land your plane in my canadian backyard anytime

:)

Kick ass, then peace Randy
cybotron r_9

Post by cybotron r_9 »

i'm gonna go play some Team Fortress Classic to get a way from all this killing :D
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Just got home...panic has set in here and people are creating huge gas lines at the stations trying to get gasoline :( This is freakin' nuts...

My wife and I are going to go to the blood center tomorrow and donate blood and I encourage all that read this do the same...
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
Noevo

Post by Noevo »

same thing here Indy, passed huge lines for gas on the way home. And gas prices have been going up already.
merkster

Post by merkster »

wow fark man i feel sorry for all the people down in america right now, yeah i think we do needa take a massive stand against terrorist. for some of the people here i can understand your anger but we should blame all middle east countries, and remember this was a terrorist attack not an intended thing by the actual country. but for those people celebrating that this happened well they needa get a life. :mad: :mad:

hope you al the best down there
Indy
SG VIP

Post by Indy »

Thanks merkster for the words of encouragement...

I think it's becoming evidently clear through the elected officials on TV that whoever is found responsible for this, if they are being sheltered by a country (read Bin Laden & Afghanistan), then not only is the terrorist going to be subject to American Justice, but that foreign government will as well..
------
“The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
Nick Hamilton

no subject

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Ok here is my two cents.

I have not posted at Speedguide for quite some time, but as soon as I heard the news accross the tv, I intsantly thought of all you passionate americans that think the world of yourselves -and I thought I might post my opinion... but it is just my opinion and I am alowed to have that as long as I dont fly a plane into a couple of landmarks right?

Id like to ask you this, what does it achieve if you destroy a whole nation? Lets say that one crazy american/englishman/chinese/who cares decides to go and committ a horific act along the same order of magnitude as the one last night, does that then give the government of the attacked nation the right to go and kill so many innocent people from the perpertrators country, which, and lets be realistic, had nothing to do with the crime? What you are then doing in that instance is lowering yourselves to the terrorists level. One of the things that divides 3rd world nations from 1st world nations is the ability to raise oneself from the face of adversity -displaying the might and power of america by screwing another nation is not the answer.

Dont get me wrong, I was woken at 2:00 this morning (im in Melbourne, Australia) by my girlfriend in sydney with the explicit set of instructions to go and watch the tv... what I saw was something that my only way of describing it was something out of independance day. We were all shocked, sad and afraid for the ramefecations could be severe and prolonged.

My aunt lives in new york and thankfully she and her husband are ok, and we were all quite worried, but the unfortunatre reality to this is that some of you are not so fortunate and have lost loved ones... Im not saying you shouldnt get justice, but screwing an entire country and many thousands of innocent people for the pure sake of getting revenge and making the point that america is the all powerful nation is not right. Trust me, everyone is well aware of the power that america has, it is forced down our throats every single minute of every single day. Punish those directly responsible, not those who have nothing to do with it.
If you guys start a massive war, which could turn nuclear, or biological, so many more people will be affected than you can possibly comprehend. If that happened, then I could never forgive the actions of the USA.

My heart goes out to all those suffering now, its not fair and its not right, but if you follow this under the pusuit of revenge rather than justice, there will be others in the same position that you are in now, and guess what... they will behave in the same way, resulting in only one thing -a vicious circle of revenge, war and death, nothing good could come out of it.

I wish this had never happened.
Merc

Post by Merc »

What you say goes well if we lived in a perfect world. If there is NO consquences then anyone can do everything. I live by eye for an eye. My one hate is that its too bad you can only kill someone once.
We have seen their kind before. They're the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions, by abandoning every value except the will to power, they follow in the path of fascism, Nazism and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way to where it ends in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.
Noevo

Re: no subject

Post by Noevo »

Originally posted by Nick Hamilton
Ok here is my two cents.

I have not posted at Speedguide for quite some time, but as soon as I heard the news accross the tv, I intsantly thought of all you passionate americans that think the world of yourselves -and I thought I might post my opinion... but it is just my opinion and I am alowed to have that as long as I dont fly a plane into a couple of landmarks right?

Id like to ask you this, what does it achieve if you destroy a whole nation? Lets say that one crazy american/englishman/chinese/who cares decides to go and committ a horific act along the same order of magnitude as the one last night, does that then give the government of the attacked nation the right to go and kill so many innocent people from the perpertrators country, which, and lets be realistic, had nothing to do with the crime? What you are then doing in that instance is lowering yourselves to the terrorists level. One of the things that divides 3rd world nations from 1st world nations is the ability to raise oneself from the face of adversity -displaying the might and power of america by screwing another nation is not the answer.

Dont get me wrong, I was woken at 2:00 this morning (im in Melbourne, Australia) by my girlfriend in sydney with the explicit set of instructions to go and watch the tv... what I saw was something that my only way of describing it was something out of independance day. We were all shocked, sad and afraid for the ramefecations could be severe and prolonged.

My aunt lives in new york and thankfully she and her husband are ok, and we were all quite worried, but the unfortunatre reality to this is that some of you are not so fortunate and have lost loved ones... Im not saying you shouldnt get justice, but screwing an entire country and many thousands of innocent people for the pure sake of getting revenge and making the point that america is the all powerful nation is not right. Trust me, everyone is well aware of the power that america has, it is forced down our throats every single minute of every single day. Punish those directly responsible, not those who have nothing to do with it.
If you guys start a massive war, which could turn nuclear, or biological, so many more people will be affected than you can possibly comprehend. If that happened, then I could never forgive the actions of the USA.

My heart goes out to all those suffering now, its not fair and its not right, but if you follow this under the pusuit of revenge rather than justice, there will be others in the same position that you are in now, and guess what... they will behave in the same way, resulting in only one thing -a vicious circle of revenge, war and death, nothing good could come out of it.

I wish this had never happened.
thanks for the support Nick. The problem is what do you do when they are protecting someone like this with innocent people? let them go because of it?
mouse

Post by mouse »

We must make a stand or we will be targeted for future attack.

We must strike and Strike Hard, we must make an example out of them for everyone to see. Give the next guy who thinks that he has the balls to do something like this something to think about...
"By replying to you, I acknowledge that you exist. By Ignoring you, I am mearly saying that you are not worthy of breathing."
mikemean

Post by mikemean »

We must make a stand or we will be targeted for future attack.

We must strike and Strike Hard, we must make an example out of them for everyone to see. Give the next guy who thinks that he has the balls to do something like this something to think about...
YOU GO GIRL! I have to agree here as well.
Dias

Post by Dias »

Acts fueled by hate - does that allow more acts fuel by hatE?
I myself am indesissive in this. BUt like the guy before me said , and eye for and eye.
Nick Hamilton

no subject

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Im not self righteous, but stop and consider the ramifications of any actions that you might take.. just for one split second.

What if a world war starts because of this, because you want revenge huh.... then in all likelihood, Ill be conscripted (because Im 20, fit and strong without flat feet), ill go and get my balls blown off and I wont be able to come and spend a good 50 or 60 years with the woman that I love. That is not fair. On top of that, ill be forced to be in a position that I dont want to be, ie kill or be killed. The fact of the matter is that war will solve absolutely nothing. Preventing this happening will, and thats why you need to find the person/persons directly responsible only.

I understand that you are all upset, emotional and a great deal of pain, which is why you need to make a consious effort to stop and consider the bigger picture instead of acting under the heat of the moment.
Noevo

Re: no subject

Post by Noevo »

Im not self righteous, but stop and consider the ramifications of any actions that you might take.. just for one split second.

What if a world war starts because of this, because you want revenge huh.... then in all likelihood, Ill be conscripted (because Im 20, fit and strong without flat feet), ill go and get my balls blown off and I wont be able to come and spend a good 50 or 60 years with the woman that I love. That is not fair. On top of that, ill be forced to be in a position that I dont want to be, ie kill or be killed. The fact of the matter is that war will solve absolutely nothing. Preventing this happening will, and thats why you need to find the person/persons directly responsible only.

I understand that you are all upset, emotional and a great deal of pain, which is why you need to make a consious effort to stop and consider the bigger picture instead of acting under the heat of the moment.
The thing is Nick, none of us are going to start a war. I may be speaking for myself here, but posting in all these threads is somewhat my way of coping with this. I will not attack anyone tommorow. I promise.
David
SG Elite

Post by David »

Like Noevo said.... This is all talk..... We are venting.

Nick, no one wants any of this. I found commentary on American bravado was a bit ill-timed.

shant,
david

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dias

Post by Dias »

Venting is good and all . ITs just when ppl start to get ignorant and say things that really offend diifrent groups of ppl .
Nick Hamilton

Re: Re: no subject

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Originally posted by Noevo

The thing is Nick, none of us are going to start a war. I may be speaking for myself here, but posting in all these threads is somewhat my way of coping with this. I will not attack anyone tommorow. I promise.

Who Said that none of you are going to start a war, if Bush is representing the general sentiment (which as president isnt that his job?) He said himself (cant remember the exact quote) that america will stage an attack on any government found to be responsible.
David
SG Elite

Re: Re: Re: no subject

Post by David »

Who Said that none of you are going to start a war, if Bush is representing the general sentiment (which as president isnt that his job?) He said himself (cant remember the exact quote) that america will stage an attack on any government found to be responsible.
I suppose your prime minister speaks your mind as well?
Let us watch an see what happens...

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dias

Re: Re: Re: no subject

Post by Dias »

Well of course the sentuments at the beginging will be anger. But i have faith (might sound stupid) that ppl will be more enlighten that war is the last resort. Looking thorugh WW1 and WW2, the casualties were horendous, and this without much of a nuclear arsenal.