New Tweak

Frequently asked questions, Classic threads, as well as interesting and informative topics from the SG Broadband Forums.
Fudgemaker

Need help with the new tweak..

Post by Fudgemaker »

hello.. i am fairly new to these forums although i have been reading them closely for the last month now. My computer loads web pages very slowly although i have a cable modem and a fairly fast computer. I would like to find out exactly what i need to do in order to achieve faster loading of web pages for Windows ME. I am new with manually editing my registry but i do know the jist of it. Is there someone who can tell me exactly what i need to do to type in the settings for the registry?

Computer specs- Windows ME, 800 mhz amd duron processor. 192 mb ram, 8 mb video card (it's a piece!), a bad sound card, 40 gig hd 5400. I run on a network behind a Cable/dsl security router, but for my personal computer i opened all the ports that i would like for hosting and what not.

Please help me with the registry settings for Windows ME... thanx
Lobo
SG VIP
Location: Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves

Post by Lobo »

Since ME is 9x too, I believe it would be the same:

Ashdaw
SG Wizard

Guys that have Win98SE, I think I have it figured. Open Regedit and go to that Key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\
Services\VxD\MSTCP\ServiceProvider]
"LocalPriority"=hex:f3,01,00,00
"HostsPriority"=hex:f4,01,00,00
"DnsPriority"=hex:d0,07,00,00
"NetbtPriority"=hex:d1,07,00,00
"Class"=hex:08,00,00,00
"ProviderPath"="%windir%\\system\\wsock32.dll"

When you do, highlight the serviceProvider Folder and use the registry comnmand at the top left hand and export that key to a reg file and store in a folder. After that, try altering the Keys to look like this;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\
Services\VxD\MSTCP\ServiceProvider]
"LocalPriority"=hex:05,00,00,00
"HostsPriority"=hex:06,00,00,00
"DnsPriority"=hex:07,00,00,00
"NetbtPriority"=hex:08,00,00,00
"Class"=hex:08,00,00,00
"ProviderPath"="%windir%\\system\\wsock32.dll"
:)
Suicide Killa

Post by Suicide Killa »

i just tried this tweak on my XP and ME rig. And they both work great!!!!! :D Good tweak