Disconnected from cable ALL THE TIME

Frequently asked questions, Classic threads, as well as interesting and informative topics from the SG Broadband Forums.
Richie Yeargle

Disconnected from cable ALL THE TIME

Post by Richie Yeargle »

Anyone got a clue on why I get disconnected from my cable all the time.. I get knocked offline for like. 1-2 mins. Me and my cable service (TCI) have tried everything to find out what is causing this. I have gotten a new modem, new netcard, Formatted my machine,
They have been over here like 3 other times to check the lines. I dont know what else to do. And I get kicked off line all the time
average 20-30x a day.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

If you get disconnected at equal intervals of time, it might be your ISP renewing the lease of your modem or something similar.
mcostell

Post by mcostell »

The same happened to me - turned out to be a weak cable signal. Tech came out and installed a "power booster" for my cable signal.
mcostell

Post by mcostell »

The same happened to me - turned out to be a weak cable signal. Tech came out and installed a "power booster" for my cable signal.
Bob Marley

Post by Bob Marley »

I have the same problem,
had TCI techs out now about 5 times.

Have a tech come out and check the line signal strength, it can be too high and be too low.

The are I live in is kinda new, so they are working out the bugs, they also said the TYPE of cable mode I have is giving them problems....
hmmmmm
Dwarth

Post by Dwarth »

Hi,
The reason you disconnect it`s simple.. there is 2...

1) Your Signal is no enought powerfull
2) It`s when the router reboot (ask your ISP.. they will say they don`t reboot the Router.. but htey have too so it`s normal you got disconect for 2-5 min sometime)