I've got a .exe file that makes your System SAFE, hides netbios etc.. check it out..

Frequently asked questions, Classic threads, as well as interesting and informative topics from the SG Broadband Forums.
Brent
SG VIP

I've got a .exe file that makes your System SAFE, hides netbios etc.. check it out..

Post by Brent »

I've got a little program from GRC that is called noshare.exe and all you do is double click it and hit OK and then reboot! It hides your netbios closes your ports and makes your system REALLY safe!

Try Shields up without it first.

Then after you install it Check Shields Up!

It's amazing!

Here is a direct download of it:

http://www.mngamers.com/explosive3d/noshare.exe

And there is also letshare.exe that Opens all your netbios and stuff incase you would ever want to do that for some strange reason, or to test the difference out between both.

http://www.mngamers.com/explosive3d/letshare.exe

Remeber to test your system on Shields Up before and After

Tell me if you like! :-)

------------------
Brent a.k.a Borg Drone
Owner/Webmaster
The websites:
eXplosive3D up soon www.mngamers.com/explosive3d
Gamers Reality up soon www.gamersreality.com

Out the 100TX, through the switch, down the cable modem, over the fiber optics, off the bridge, past the head end office....nothing but Net
']['huglife

Post by ']['huglife »

o
i tired noshare.exe because i went to shields up and it said my netbois was open so i download the program u talked about above the my icq wouldn't work so i had to download letshard.exe then it fixed the error
so i guess there is a good for letshare.exe
Brent
SG VIP

Post by Brent »

Oh and BTW I've only tested this on Win98SE since that's what I use. It works fine for me on Win98SE, ICQ works I can run an FTP Server evertying works fine for me.

I have not tested it in Win95 or Win2000 or Millenium, so I don't know if it will work or not.

That's weird that your ICQ don't work with it, ICQ works fine for me and even run an Active List on ICQ and it works without a problem, there are 103 people that connect to my ICQ Active List just fine. Hmmmmmmmm

Did you check Shields Up though after you installed noshare.exe ? It should have made your system secure.

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 01-03-2000).]
']['huglife

Post by ']['huglife »

hmmmmmmm
i'm runnin a proxy server should i run noshare.exe on ther server, its running win NT
bs31

Post by bs31 »

I'm running Win98 and after I installed noshare.exe I had no prob. ICQ and everything else works fine...
Brent
SG VIP

Post by Brent »

Like I said I've only tested it in Win98se I have no idea what it will do in NT.

But if you check Shields Up before it and then After you will see how much better it protects your pc.
ExarKun

Post by ExarKun »

Brent:
Did you Virus Scan It And If So What V Shield Did You Use? .. and you did you examine the source code of the program to see if grc put in any bugs? , and note you can do the same thing by regersty tweaks and port control manually.. let me know after you recive an atttack from BlackICE or whatever other firewall software your using

------------------
You Do Not Know The True Power Of The DarkSide
"Quoted By ExarKun From Dark Lords Of The Sith " 4000 Years Before Vader Said It