@home Techies (WORLD OF ORGANIZED CRIME)

Frequently asked questions, Classic threads, as well as interesting and informative topics from the SG Broadband Forums.
hYdrO

@home Techies (WORLD OF ORGANIZED CRIME)

Post by hYdrO »

Finally! After threatening to cancel my Rogers@home, they finally setup a date for a techie to come to my house and check things out. (Feb 10th the exact date)

I told them that i suspected that it was my MODEM's fault for my slow speeds so I threatened to cancel. Than they said they would send techie to come over and do some diagnostic tests to determine the root of my problem.

My question is what can I do to make he techie "work faster and think harder?" Bribing them? What will they offer
kill-9

Post by kill-9 »

Beer...
BMED

Post by BMED »

ICED,FRESH BREWED,FREE,UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF COLD BEER.. Image...ALSO HAVING SOME LOCAL ADULT ENTERTAINMENT Image DROP BY TO HELP SET THE MOOD FOR A GREAT TECHIE HACK, WILL GET YOU ALL THE PERKS! Image
baD boY beN

Post by baD boY beN »

haha @home techies here in vancouver,bc are dumb..well the one i got...some fat slob who didnt take his damn shoes off in my house...he messed up my install too
creep

Post by creep »

yeah, both times when the tech dude came to by house, not once did they take off their shoes. messed up my carpet...bastards!

------------------
-creep--
TheRock4

Post by TheRock4 »

Did you ever think of asking them to take off their shoes or were they supposed to be mind readers as well???

------------------
If ya smell, what TheRock4, is cookin'
JustForFun

Post by JustForFun »

Actually, wearing shoes (preferably rubber soled) are a "good" thing while working inside a PC. The tech would be less likely in shoes than in socks or bare feet to accidentally discharge a static blast into your PC and sensitive components.

Working on a PC while on "carpet" can be risky. Also, a static wrist strap is a must. I wouldn't complain if they had shoes on on my carpet. AND I will loan them the wrist strap because my tech didn't even have one.

Just a thought...

JFF Image