The EAGLE took a dump on me and..........

SG Distributed Computing Teams discussion, S.E.T.I., Folding@Home, as well as other types of cloud/distributed computing, AI, machine learning, cryptocurrency mining.
rickoic

The EAGLE took a dump on me and..........

Post by rickoic »

Well for the first time in many years I actually got a refund from Uncle Sam......

and........

I started a new folding rig.

ASUS server board. KGPE-D16 G34 caught Newegg in a friendly mood and got it for $365.49, or $64.50 off their regular price.
Went to eBay and purchased a pair of Operton 6238's at reduced prices $215.00 and $230.95. Of course they were used but that saved me $534.03 from Newegg prices.
G. Skill 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 at $66.58 (couldn't find a deal on them)
Power Supply Coolmax 1200W for $129.99 which saved me $75.99 over regular price as well as a $10.00 gift card coming back.
Total new cost to me $1,075.07 with a total saving of $674.52.

The rest of the stuff I had laying around or pulled from some other computer.
HD, DVD, GPU, mouse, and keyboard.

Up and running now for 12 hours and so far not doing too good, GPU's folding alright (GTX 670 and a GTX 650) doing most of the work right now at 27K PPD with the CPU with all 24 cores running 100% at 3,791 PPD. Think I caught a bad wu right out of the gate with it. A P8090 (50,4,11) which has a base credit of 925 and right now I've got an estimated credit of 3,317 but from time is at 11-12 minutes.

When everything settles down I should be getting 60K plus ppd out of it.

Fold on

Rick
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Nice Rickoic :thumb:

Any pics?
rickoic

Post by rickoic »

Finally got the rig set up the way I want it (almost) and just grabbed a protein last night that I'll be folding around. Got a p8105 protein that gives a base credit of 22,606 points but with bonus of turning it in early (2 days of folding) it says I'll get a Estimated Credit of 222,723 points or 111,879 points per day. Thats with setting flags for bigadv and size of work unit to big. It requires 16 cores of cpu power minimum and right now 64-bit linux.
When the beta folding core gets out of testing I'll be able to add a gpu or 2 to that.
Shame I'm going to close up shop for about 10 days while I travel to Colorado to see a grandson graduate. If I leave Tue am this work unit won't finish and I'll have to start fresh when I return. But theres a chance I'll have to wait til Wed am to leave and then it'd be finished, so letting it fold right now.

Rick
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.