Time to step back into the Fold

SG Distributed Computing Teams discussion, S.E.T.I., Folding@Home, as well as other types of cloud/distributed computing, AI, machine learning, cryptocurrency mining.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Time to step back into the Fold

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Been out of Folding for jeeeze...the longest time. I'm sure out of the dozens of folding instances I've put out there over the past decade, a few are still running that I forgot about. But non-the-less...on my own rigs, been lacking. Just fired back up again, time to get my numbers jumping!
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

:thumb:
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

Ohh sure, Wait until I can start seeing you to decide to crank it up lol. I'm in the middle of a move, So I have some rigs down. Ill be back up to my 30K PPD in a few days. What are you thinking your going to push?
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Could use the help :)
What are you firing up?
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Been out of it for so long, see the client is all GUI based now, instead of the old console.
So stuck the latest download on my office rig, a quad cord i5 with 8 gigs. I have an ATI HD6450 I think....can't seem to get the GPU part working. Keep saying something like "waiting for idle" or something like that.

I'll put it on our office managers workstation too..same thing, we recently got a bunch of HP Elite 8100 i5 8 gig rigs at the office for all 5 of us.
I'll start setting what servers I can sneak it on. We've gotten so many clients virtualized now, I'm unsure about slapping it on them and hurting resources for the other guests on those hosts.

So my 1 rig currently doing about 4700ppd, hopefully I'll get up above 20k soon. Gotta get that GPU part working.
Guinness for Strength!!!
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

That "gpu part" would do wonders.

Best of luck, obviously just don't piss off any clients.
rickoic

Post by rickoic »

YeOldeStonecat
The "waiting for idle" is because the bar for 'Folding Power' just below the Status/System Info/Log and above your Identity is not moved to full. Quirk with the GUI is that it won't let you fold GPU unless its at Full.

By the way, "WELCOME BACK"

Rick
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

I will dig into that...Thanks Rick...good to see ya!
Guinness for Strength!!!
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

It was at "Medium" Rick...I assume that's default. I slid it to "Full" and right away I saw "gpu:0:Caicos" light up green with a "Running" status.

Next glitch I notice in this new FAH Control console....if I click on the "View" button up top, I'm assuming I should see some 3D/OpenGL screensaver thing showing the protien it's working on. I get a "Failed to launch viewer with command: y --width 800 --height 600..blah blah..error 2 the system cannot find the file specified".

Thanks again! Good to see you here.
Guinness for Strength!!!
rickoic

Post by rickoic »

Don't know anything about that. Times I've tried to use it it just gave me a default view of a protein so I quit using it.
Rick
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.