Need some help with Stanford

SG Distributed Computing Teams discussion, S.E.T.I., Folding@Home, as well as other types of cloud/distributed computing, AI, machine learning, cryptocurrency mining.
rickoic

Need some help with Stanford

Post by rickoic »

My username and password no longer work with the Folding forum. Been through this 2 or 3 times before and getting tired of it, so am asking if someone else can help me out by contacting them.

My PS3 is haveing problems contacting them to get new work units or send in the one just finished.

Looked at server status and 3 out of 4 PS3 servers are down. 171.64.65.73 & 83 & 96 are in reject with 171.64.122.73 says its up but for some reason can't contact it.

This has been going on for about a week now. Saw a forum post about the problem but noone from Pande group has deemed it necessary to answer or address the problem.

Tks
Rick
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.
rickoic

Post by rickoic »

Never mind. I stumbled on an announcement that Stanford has ended the PS3 project effective Nov 6, 2012.

So thanks to all the PS3 users but you will no longer be able to contribute to the Folding mission.

Tks
Rick
Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Looks like it was Sony's decision to terminate this, not Stanford's.. Sony removed the "Life with Playstation" application with their 4.30 upgrade.

"SCEI decided the termination considering that the PS3® system has made a significant contribution to the project."

http://www.playstation.com/life/en/index.html
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

I love how sony just randomly removes parts of the PS# without notice or any type of input from users. It made a significant contributuion!? Are you joking? when FAH closes then you can state there, there is still plenty the PS# and do, Those SPU cores are beast's. First OtherOS now this. honestly, **** Sony!

also, The pande group I have found does not seem to care to much about anything or any one. They refuse to reply to any type of question. Really dragging there feet on ATI support (cheesey openCL workaround is needed) For a project that strictly relies on volunteers spending there own money on hardware and electric cost, you think they might be a bit more active and caring.

I'm still folding, But I have been peeking over at the BIONIC projects. Have not made the switch yet. I'm not some super awesome folder, but I push out 17k-20k PPD using only the rigs in my house. Electric bills suck lol