Client monitor

SG Distributed Computing Teams discussion, S.E.T.I., Folding@Home, as well as other types of cloud/distributed computing, AI, machine learning, cryptocurrency mining.
morbidpete

Client monitor

Post by morbidpete »

Started using HFM.net to monitor my local rigs. I like it. Pretty basic, Quick info. It has the option to create a very tiny website to monitor your stats from abroad. I created a folder on my IIS and have the files dumped there. I set it to update every 15 mins.

http://www.plasstech.it/folding

will have 2 more rigs up in a day or 2. My gaming PC seems to be the big winner. But GPU2 or 3 does not support my video card right now :-( (radeon 7750)
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Times out
The server at http://www.plasstech.it is taking too long to respond.
Thanks for the help :)
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

lol, yea. It was working. The I had the genius idea of organizing my servers,

I had 1 physical box playing the role of DC, Exchange,IIS, File Server. Made a bunch of VM's on a new server I had using ESXi, Turned into a nightmare. Still working on it. Just need to get exchange and IIS back up, It will be done sometime tonight and the link will be back up
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

OK, It's back up. After wiping out my entire domain, formatting my 4 servers and starting everything from scratch. Its all back up and running. Link is live, Still missing 1 folder as its upstairs and im to lazy to head up there to turn it on
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

changed the URL, Its now http://folding.plasstech.it
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

Added 2 GPU's. Not the best but gave me another 5k PPD :-D
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

PIcs of my setup

Far-N-Wide

Post by Far-N-Wide »

I resently read up on GPU folding about a month ago and got my GTX560 busy. On that same computer I have an I-920 quad core folding 8 seperate Folding@home-Win32-x86-623 clients. Not sure if it's worth dumping those clients and running some SMPs. That and I've never set SMPs, not sure where to begin, So should I keep what I have or switch to SMP?
USAFRETIRED
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

Far-N-Wide wrote:I resently read up on GPU folding about a month ago and got my GTX560 busy. On that same computer I have an I-920 quad core folding 8 seperate Folding@home-Win32-x86-623 clients. Not sure if it's worth dumping those clients and running some SMPs. That and I've never set SMPs, not sure where to begin, So should I keep what I have or switch to SMP?
v6 GPU folding was a little difficult. v7 makes it a ton easier. Since you have a nvidia, its even easier and will use Cuda.

I'm using SMP because its a bit easier then setting up and monitoring a ton of difference instances for each core. Like you I would have to run 8 on my gaming rig (Xeon W3530 2.8). SMP seems to have higher credit's and only have to monitor 1 program. the v7 client also lets you monitor, configure, start and stop remote clients. To make your life easier and possibly up your PPD, I would upgrade to v7 and just add an SMP slot and a GPU slot.

My GPU's dont make a ton of points, and they are ATI and folding hates ATI, but i'm gaining an additional 7k PPD with 3 sub $100 GPU's

Radeon HD 7750 using open CL (3500 PPD), Nvidia gt430 (1900 PPD) and Radeon HD 6450 (1200 PPD)

the pic above are all pre v7 upgrade. after upgrading them all. my average ppd jumped to 27K from 18K

this put me on a level where I should be able to catch up to you in time :-P I'm gunning for ya!
Far-N-Wide

Post by Far-N-Wide »

I see you on my heals, I too am using the V7.1.52 Client (for the GPU) side. The 8 clients I mentioned are each running in seprate folders and have been runnig ok for well over a year now. Only recently have I noticed that sometimes a client will stall, shut down and restart no problems. So would it be 1 SMP for all 8 cores? or 8 SMPs inplace of the 8 clients I have running?
USAFRETIRED
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

1 SMP will max out all 8 cores