List of Honest Traders

Buy, sell or trade any hardware here, share any hot deals in this forum. Please no commercial/affiliate advertising!
ghettoside
SG Elite

rivas

Post by ghettoside »

rivas wrote:Ghettoside was my fault,i screwed that one up,i gave him refund.
I never got a refund. I had to either accept $30 off... or eat $50 in shipping costs on a $140 item. It's in this thread.
rivas wrote:I become rude and attacked after he called me idiot and liar. ...

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=88215&page=8f=#145

No, rivas started attacking me without reason. Just read what I first posted and then what followed by rivas.

I was so disgusted I simply turned my back on rivas. Today I got 3 pm's about this last incident, and that is the only reason I am replying to this now. I don't want to see rivas rip off, and then attack, anyone else here.

I am not going to address everything, but I will say that I did not send 73 pm's to rivas... I checked my pm archive ... I sent 19 pm's and received 16. I had addressed a few things previously in my earlier posts.... The rest of his lies just sicken me.

rivas' posts are lies and bogus personal attacks. It's as simple as that. And I never received an apology... not that one would make any difference.

As for that o/c'd combo, it did not even last 2 months:

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=202710f=#1
ghettoside wrote:...My #1 rig puked friday night, leaving me w/ a P3 box and a 5 Gb hdd that doesn't have enough free space to install my apps. Strictly a folding rig.

And my rig that just puked... I bought it off someone here at SG. Advertised as a 2.2 Ghz P4... I get it and it turns out to be a 1.8 Ghz P4 (earlier model cpu) that had been o/c'd. I wanted to return it since it was not what it was advertised as, and mostly because it was o/c'd. I also could not get it to run at 2.2 Ghz... But the seller insisited that I had to pay all shipping costs, and insisted on me shipping it back by the service that would cost me another $25. Blackmailed into keeping the piece of crap. So I got less than 2 months of service out of the box.
YARDofSTUF wrote:...I question your ability as a trader, both from this problem with meals and from ghettoside's deal.
I want to add... look at how rivas talked to minir in this thread. http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=206647

That pretty much illustrates rivas' character.

The bulk of my posts are help for people trying to solve problems (not including general discussions postings) ... rivas usually posts for help with his problems...

And I think this sale thread of rivas is a pretty good example of his trading methods

ddr2
rivas wrote:4x1024mb DDR2
under warranty,will provide copy of invoice
payed around $370 canadian with taxes (340-350 usd) for 2048
will sell it here or setup auction on ebay.
$540 USD express shipping included and insured as well.

NOTE : I'M NOT SELLING TO NEW MEMBERS must be 3+ years old member.Members 3 years and younger will be ignored.
lol, I'd been a member over 3 years when he posted that...

and it is very interesting how that ram went up for sale the same day as this:

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=200588f=#8
rivas wrote:ok everything installed,i turned on computer and i didnt see i cut hole by accident in hose for my water cooling.So whole socket and cpu got flooded.Tryed cpu in older mobo,it turns on after 10 seconds it automatically turns off.No beeps.Dryed everything with fan for hair and napkins but seems like i just killed my cpu.Bummer ....
which was followed by post #10 of that thread:
rivas wrote:its working
i was lucky,i have no idea how the mobo and cpu survived because it was completely flooder with water.thanks for the help with alcohol.Using right now Freezer 7 PRO AC.
Anyway it didnt help me with ram,still only 3072mb detected but when i looked in manual it says : 1024mb crucial heat-sink package double sided dimm support= A yes,B yes,C no

i guess thats why it wont detect 4gb ram correct ?
anyway im selling this ram and getting something else.
Check the dates and times folks... first spilled liquid on the ram, then it goes up for sale here at SG the same day.

Also take note of how rude rivas was to MissTynker2 in that ddr2 thread... I see rivas has established a definite pattern there folks- in regard to the respect he has for his fellow SG members.

and:

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=200665f=#5
rivas wrote:thats one reason and 2nd reason is ghettoside,i shouldnt get my hands dirty dealing with that person :(
I hope it's clear now who should not be dealt with..
Norm wrote:
There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!
ghettoside
SG Elite

Post by ghettoside »

mealsonwheels wrote:HAH! Yeah right, it didnt even boot until i spent hours of trial and error. When it did boot it ran for like 10 secs and wouldnt POST again.
I hope you get your refund.
Norm wrote:

knightmare

Post by knightmare »

This is why I suggested back when i 1st joined, having a feedback thread for transactions between members ( Amro followed thru with it.. :thumb: ).

Back then I never shopped anywhere but here, you could the best parts for the best prices, from friends, right here in our community.

I hate to see these things happen, no matter who is right or wrong.
“"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee
Rivas

Post by Rivas »

The ram was Kingston what i sold and not Crucial Ballistix,i kept the crucial,i still have the crucial ballistix inside my wifes computer i can take a pic if you like lol.I kept it because AM2 was coming with ddr2.The problem was with motherboard and it was RMAed.
Ebay item number : 6870514936
Apology was send to you and minir 3 or 4 days ago before you wrote this.
Misty is one of my best friends here on SG :)
You should take anger management my friend,seems like living in ghetto is not easy :(
You ripped yourself off after the language what you used,i was going to give you full refund but after you wrote that i just gave you some pocket money.
If i only take and dont give anything why would i bother giving people games and sound card,its not like its worth tons of money but anyway :)
To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata
ghettoside
SG Elite

Post by ghettoside »

rivas wrote: ...Apology was send to you and minir 3 or 4 days ago before you wrote this.
You publicly insult me, w/ lies to top it off, and then you claim you sent an apology via pm... 2 months later? Is that supposed to make it right? And you posted my real name in an open forum...

I know what prompted any such pm... and so does everyone else who saw that thread in which you insulted minir.
rivas wrote:Misty is one of my best friends here on SG :)
:rotfl:

I am not sorry to burst your bubble. I have news for you- Misty does not even like you... and she sees right thru you.
rivas wrote:You should take anger management my friend,seems like living in ghetto is not easy :(
Whatever are you babbling about?

ps.: I am not your friend. Make no mistake about that.
rivas wrote: You ripped yourself off after the language what you used,i was going to give you full refund but after you wrote that i just gave you some pocket money.
:rolleyes:

Yeah right! Don't make me laugh. You are so full of crap.

rivas wrote:If i only take and dont give anything why would i bother giving people games and sound card,its not like its worth tons of money but anyway :)
I'm sure anything you give away is worthless, like the agp card you included w/ that burnt out combo you ripped me off on. The agp that was burnt up. Which I could not use.
Norm wrote:

ghettoside
SG Elite

Post by ghettoside »

I also received neg rep points from rivas tonite...

I just laughed and gave him negs right back.
Norm wrote:

Rivas

Post by Rivas »

lol
You must have rough life boy,very rough one.
And that anger :nope:
:rotfl:

- Emiliano Zapata
Rivas

Post by Rivas »

I demand moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore !
Tell us something we dont know yet :rotfl:

Ghetto my friend this is for you : :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

- Emiliano Zapata
Shagster
SG Elite

Post by Shagster »

Got Guild Wars from Rivas for free! Didn't even want the shipping costs after he sent it. He be the man :D
Izzo
SG VIP

Post by Izzo »

Wow!...this thread 'sploded.

I'm gonna add Hell_Yes .... it'd be stupid to think otherwise. I bought his 7900GTX which he could have sold at anytime before I actually came up with the cash...offered to send it early ...which I politely declined to accept it until I could give him the cash. He overnighted it to me a day early.

:thumb: :rockin: :rockin:
David
SG Elite

Post by David »

The deal went well with Izzo. No surprise, he is a straight up guy.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche
ace
Location: Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!

Post by ace »

Can we please keep this thread to topic. Either the person was good or bad. We really dont need to go into these long post. When someone is looking at it before buying it is hell trying to search through these novels you guys are writing. Keep it to a pm.

Thanks,
Mike
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

ace wrote:Can we please keep this thread to topic. Either the person was good or bad. We really dont need to go into these long post. When someone is looking at it before buying it is hell trying to search through these novels you guys are writing. Keep it to a pm.

Thanks,
Mike

Of course this will happen everytime theres negative messages, people arent gonna like hearing it.
Dan

Post by Dan »

thumbs up to Rivas,he did exactly what he said he would do,

sent me a new game,quicky ,and for free !!

thanks !
ace
Location: Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!

Post by ace »

Dan wrote:thumbs up to Rivas,he did exactly what he said he would do,

thanks !
I have to give thumbs up for Rivas also!!! He sent me a sound card for free and it was shipped very well.

Would do buisness with him again without a doubt!!
Massa

Post by Massa »

Got my PSU from Rivas, no problems with the shipment or transaction.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Dan wrote:thumbs up to Rivas,he did exactly what he said he would do,

thanks !
:thumb:

Got a great deal from him, sent what he said he'd send, except more, and faster.

loop2kil
SG Elite

Post by loop2kil »

Smooth transaction with Rivas...Reciever came exactly as advertised, well packaged and was shipped promply....would trade again anyday.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Got Vid card from Massa .. arrived pretty prompt even though it went through a act of God to come from Canada to the US LOL

thanks Massa :)
lewis

Post by lewis »

Another :thumb: for Rivas! Sweet deal on a psu, and very quick shipping!

Thanks man! :D
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

+1 for MissTynker2, she bought a Maxtor Hard Drive from me today,
couple of pm's, sent the money.. no hassling around... sending drive out this week. :thumb:

+1 for Kyle I bought a Alienware 12.1" notebook from him, fantastic deal, arrived in good shape, typing on it now. Performance of this laptop so far is even better than I expected... :thumb: , it's quick ! Thx again Kyle ! :rockin: also add he answered any question I had about the laptop, plus kept me posted about shipping details, etc.. answered pm's promptly..
“"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

+1 for knightmare as buyer Sold him an Alienware 12.1" Notebook computer, prompt payment and good communication. Thanks KM! :)
MissTynker2

Knightmare

Post by MissTynker2 »

Received my purchase today from Knightmare. Extremely well packaged and in excellent condition. The Post Office was a tad busy with Santas overflows, was the only delay at all. Promply mailed from his end and insured. Thanks!
Mystical Folding Minx
Rivas

Post by Rivas »

Pleasure doing business with : Shagster, Dan, loop2kill, Joel, Massa, ace, lewis.Easy transactions, no BS, will trade, sell anytime again.Thank you guys.

- Emiliano Zapata
Jim
SG VIP

Post by Jim »

Add another one for Burke. Fast shipping, packed well, and everything in excellent condition.
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

MissTynker2 wrote:Received my purchase today from Knightmare. Extremely well packaged and in excellent condition. The Post Office was a tad busy with Santas overflows, was the only delay at all. Promply mailed from his end and insured. Thanks!
Ditto :thumb:
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

knightmare wrote:+1 for MissTynker2, she bought a Maxtor Hard Drive from me today,
couple of pm's, sent the money.. no hassling around... sending drive out this week. :thumb:

+1 for Kyle I bought a Alienware 12.1" notebook from him, fantastic deal, arrived in good shape, typing on it now. Performance of this laptop so far is even better than I expected... :thumb: , it's quick ! Thx again Kyle ! :rockin: also add he answered any question I had about the laptop, plus kept me posted about shipping details, etc.. answered pm's promptly..

+2 for Rainbow, asked about a Enermax power supply, after I stated I still had it, he paid promptly that day. Answers all his PM's..etc.. all-american guy. Also bought a D-Link wireless notebook card from me today

Bruce Lee
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

knightmare wrote:+2 for Rainbow, asked about a Enermax power supply, after I stated I still had it, he paid promptly that day. Answers all his PM's..etc.. all-american guy. Also bought a D-Link wireless notebook card from me today
Great Seller, quick shipping and follows up to make sure your pleased with your purchase. :thumb:
KINGoFOOLS

Post by KINGoFOOLS »

+For IZZO! Sold me 2GB of ram, fast shipping well packaged! :thumb:
AMD X2 4800+ AC freezer pro 64 cooler, ASUS A8N prem. 2G OCZ platinum PC3200, eVGA 8800GTS 640MB, 37G SATA Raptor, OCZ 700W PSU.
Mark

Post by Mark »

+ for Massa, bought a mobo-cpu combo, arrived well packed and in great condition, would trade with again.

:thumb:
Izzo
SG VIP

Post by Izzo »

KINGoFOOLS wrote:+For IZZO! Sold me 2GB of ram, fast shipping well packaged! :thumb:
Ditto on KoF..... :rockin:
Offensive
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

+1 for Amro

Made a trade with Amro, received a 80 gig HD from him today !!!

Bruce Lee
A_old

Post by A_old »

+1 for knightmare
+1 for rainbow
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

Netpro wrote:How do I contact any of the Honest Traders on the list and how do I
see what products they have to offer? Anybody? Thanks
http://forums.speedguide.net/forumdisplay.php?f=50

each thread below this one has items offered, etc...

make a thread about what you are looking for also.... welcome to SG !

Bruce Lee
Zilog B

Post by Zilog B »

+1 for Mark, hooked me up !
My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee
Mark

Post by Mark »

Zilog B wrote:+1 for Mark, hooked me up !
thanks, and a big + to you, got the check today :)
Think

Post by Think »

rivas (erik) - A+ trader!. Quick in shipment and the product was in excellent working order. Will trade again at anytime :thumb:
Rivas

Post by Rivas »

Think wrote:rivas (erik) - A+ trader!. Quick in shipment and the product was in excellent working order. Will trade again at anytime :thumb:
Excellent buyer, pleasure to do business with, A+++ :) :thumb:

- Emiliano Zapata
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Amro :thumb:

The Hard Drives work fine Thanks again!
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=212233

Grabbed this from knightmare, no issues what so every. money sent, product arived 3 days latter in huge box with lots of padding and another box and bubble wrap. top notch! thanks again :thumb:

forgot to mention he threw in a free round ide :thumb: