Wireless and bluetooth conflict, what to do?

Networking, Wireless Routers (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi), NAT, LAN configuration, equipment, cabling, hubs, switches, and general network discussion
fokogrilo

Wireless and bluetooth conflict, what to do?

Post by fokogrilo »

Hello! :D
As you can see I'm new at this forum because, unfortunately, I'm having a persistent problem with my wireless and macbook air. I will explain:
I live in a apartment, I have a mid 2013 Macbook Air in my room and in the room behind me is my router, so theres is a wall in the middle. I have the macbook in my desk with the lid closed and I use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. My wireless band is 2.4GHz so is the bluetooth and this is where the problem begins. If I'm close to the router even with the bluetooth turned on the macbook, the speed of my wireless great, if I'm in my room with the bluetooth turned off, the wireless speed is still good, but if I turn on the bluetooth then help me god...the speed is so bad that, for example, I need to watch youtube videos on 144p and some times I have to wait for them to load... :cry:
To fight this kind of madness I brought a TP-LINK Range Extender (Model No. TL-WA850RE) and put in my room. In the first days it was like I had the power of the internet on my fingers, I had no problems with speed. But the weekend arrived, and the bluetooth and wireless signals across the building also did. Now in a matter of minutes I can have a great wireless speed or a speed so bad that the connection drops (the lights in the range extender keep switching from "best" to "bad").
Now I ask, what can I do to fight this? I was thinking in buying a router with 5GHz (my Macbook supports it) like this one http://www.tp-link.pt/products/details/?model=TD-W9980 but I need it with ADSL so I can plug in my phone. Is this a good way to solve this problem? Is it to complicated to config? The original one is from Vodafone (Technicolor Gateway - TG784n v3). Please help, I'm having this speed problems for almost a year. :(

Have a nice weekend,
fokogrilo