Sky router with Internet Connection Sharing

Networking, Wireless Routers (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi), NAT, LAN configuration, equipment, cabling, hubs, switches, and general network discussion
Schemer717

Sky router with Internet Connection Sharing

Post by Schemer717 »

Hi all, firstly, Im a new member here so Hi --- Greets out of the way, this is my issue

I have a Sky Router and am trying to setup ICS. Now the issue lies with the router itself. I can setup a LAN, play some games, File copy/modify/delete from other network users and everything to do with the LAN seems ok.

I set the Router to 192.168.0.2 to avoid IP confliction with ICS. I have two machines - One with internet access and Network access - 2 LAN ports or 1 LAN and Wireless (Depends how I feel?)

And the other machine, also with 2 LAN ports but no wireless....
I've labelled them PC (Windows 7) and LAPTOP (Windows XP) to give you guys an idea what I'm talking about

PC --> LAPTOP --> Internet Gives me the Sky routers self-help page
LAPTOP ---> PC ---> Internet, again gives me the routers homepage

I DO NOT have access to the internet via SKY's router, it is simply used as a LAN connection with no DSL available. I use a 4G Mobile broadband Dongle atm until i get a new (Real) ISP. I know using a crossover cable i can get ICS to work correctly but i need more than 2 machines sometimes.

Any ideas how to fix the SKY router to bypass the Sky Self Heal page and go straight to the internet via ICS ??

Thanks in advance