Forwarding data out of the network

Networking, Wireless Routers (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi), NAT, LAN configuration, equipment, cabling, hubs, switches, and general network discussion
Thomas2211

Forwarding data out of the network

Post by Thomas2211 »

I have recently discovered my company has a streaming service within the corporate network, so while at work, on my work computer, I can watch the streaming service, however it is blocked from external access by the firewall.

My work computer has a public IP address, so I can remote to it, through the company firewall fine. I can actually remote desktop to my work PC and watch the streaming by the audio is out of sync and the video is stuttery at times.

Questions is, is there a way to pipe the streaming service through my work PC to my home computer?

I've tried the corporate VPN service, but it seems to be also blocked from the streaming service, and I tried setting up a VPN connection on my work computer, however I think the VPN ports are blocked, so couldn't connect.

In theory, would a proxy work, and if so, how do I set one up? Like those proxy apps that are available that trick Netflix into thinking you are actually from another country.