Moved to routers forum

Networking, Wireless Routers (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi), NAT, LAN configuration, equipment, cabling, hubs, switches, and general network discussion
westy
Advanced Member

Moved to routers forum

Post by westy »

I'm trying to replace the Netgear EN104tp hub hard wired in the basement with a Linksys WRT120N wireless router to give me kids a 100Mbps connection instead of the 10 they're getting with the hub. I have the connection to the basement plugged into one of the LAN ports of my Netgear WNDR3400 router in my office.

The hub works fine but when I connect the Linksys router, it shows it connected to the internet but neither one of the computers can access the internet. By the way, when the Linksys is connected, it does show as a 100Mbps connection instead of the 10 Mbps it showed with the hub.

I can access the router set-up on the Linksys but can't seem to find the settings to get it connected to the computers.

I also wanted to turn off the wireless on the Linksys since I have a good signal with the new Netgear.

Do I have to change a setting on the Netgear or change a setting on the Linksys? I pushed the red button on the Linksys to reset to the factory settings but no go.

Any help would be appreciated!
"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....