Lag compensation fix

Gaming discussion, issues, setup, tips, latency, online gaming, game servers, console gaming, etc.
NeuroGenic

Lag compensation fix

Post by NeuroGenic »

Hello guys, actually I play cs1.6 and everything is fine related to fps.. But the main problem is with lag compensation, as my game and network is not compensating for lag even after having good aim.. I have to hit 4-5 bullets in head to get a headshot.. Can anyone help in this topic?!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

It's hard to "compensate" for delay, especially if the line from your ISP is lagging.. I would start by running some tracert to see where (how far from you) lag spikes. Not sure if you can choose a game server location with cs.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
NeuroGenic

Post by NeuroGenic »

Philip wrote:It's hard to "compensate" for delay, especially if the line from your ISP is lagging.. I would start by running some tracert to see where (how far from you) lag spikes. Not sure if you can choose a game server location with cs.
How to use tracert.. Like which ip should I use in cmd prompt?
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I would use the IP address (or hostname) of the game server you are trying to reach.

You can see what IPs you are connected to currently using "netstat" in command prompt, but it is often a long list.