Microsoft Increased Windows 10 v1809 permissions. Batch files can't run properly.

Gaming discussion, issues, setup, tips, latency, online gaming, game servers, console gaming, etc.
n1kobg

Microsoft Increased Windows 10 v1809 permissions. Batch files can't run properly.

Post by n1kobg »

Guys, I have difficulties to run my batch files even with elevated premission. When put the commands manually 1 by 1 they are being accepted (work) but not when run a batch with a bunch of them. I guess thats the response from Microsoft to disabling the Telemetry.
Anyone have such problem? I know one more guy have same problem. Im sure soon all will be in the same boat when being force to updade. Any Solutions?
Its eghter premissions or they changed the Networking.

p.s.
Tells me ERROR: Access is denied.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Are you sure you're running the batch file with Admin rights?
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

I am sure of course :) I run everything As Administrator.
What is your OS Build? Mine is 17763.194

I assume this one from 1.12.2019 is the one which changed things for me.
https://gyazo.com/f3ece3dac7f78ebbdb2bc0730a4d10ad

There was Windows Update several days ago and my Win Update service along with the Orchestrator service turned on by themselves (they were disabled). I got them on time so no Update was made. People say if you do this from the Group policy Editor fix this issue. Havent done it yet. I want to be able to do this with script not manually. I hear the new update is even worse (or just more of the same ****) because some features in G-Booster dont work now with the latest Update.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Hm, This is interesting...

Code: Select all

PS E:\1.Installs.1\PERFORMANCE PACKS\1.Tools> E:\1.Installs.1\PERFORMANCE PACKS\1.Tools\Hit-Reg Fix_step1.ps1
File E:\1.Installs.1\PERFORMANCE PACKS\1.Tools\Hit-Reg Fix_step1.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see 
about_Execution_Policies at https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
    + CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: ( :) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess
I guess I 'll have to install separate Windows.
Anyone else with this "error"

Code: Select all

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-ExecutionPolicy -List

Scope ExecutionPolicy
        ----- ---------------
MachinePolicy       Undefined
   UserPolicy       Undefined
      Process       Undefined
  CurrentUser      Restricted
 LocalMachine       Undefined

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Execution Policy Change
The execution policy helps protect you from scripts that you do not trust. Changing the execution policy might expose
you to the security risks described in the about_Execution_Policies help topic at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170. Do you want to change the execution policy?
[Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "N"): y
Set-ExecutionPolicy : Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy successfully, but the setting is overridden by
a policy defined at a more specific scope.  Due to the override, your shell will retain its current effective
execution policy of Restricted. Type "Get-ExecutionPolicy -List" to view your execution policy settings. For more
information please see "Get-Help Set-ExecutionPolicy".
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: ( :) [Set-ExecutionPolicy], SecurityException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExecutionPolicyOverride,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetExecutionPolicyCommand

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-ExecutionPolicy -List

Scope ExecutionPolicy
        ----- ---------------
MachinePolicy       Undefined
   UserPolicy       Undefined
      Process       Undefined
  CurrentUser      Restricted
 LocalMachine    RemoteSigned

n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

And I just realised I messed up the Thread. I mean v1809 :D
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:And I just realised I messed up the Thread. I mean v1809 :D
LMAO n1kobg,
How are you man????
Someone from MS must of heard about you and decided to restrict you from using their OS....

Just kidding, sorry to hear that such is our destiny. (To be restricted)
Wish you solve it soon!!
Stay safe and well my friend
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Thanks man :) Im out of spare hard drives right now but im gonna make fresh install and get on it. I hope its not that bad but definetely something's going on with v1809. Separate commands works no problem but a batch file ....
st1cky

Post by st1cky »

n1kobg wrote:Guys, I have difficulties to run my batch files even with elevated premission. When put the commands manually 1 by 1 they are being accepted (work) but not when run a batch with a bunch of them. I guess thats the response from Microsoft to disabling the Telemetry.
Anyone have such problem? I know one more guy have same problem. Im sure soon all will be in the same boat when being force to updade. Any Solutions?
Its eghter premissions or they changed the Networking.

p.s.
Tells me ERROR: Access is denied.
To run a Script with Powershell you just enter in the same Powershell Window:
set-executionpolicy -executionpolicy unrestricted

Then Type "A" For [A] Yes to All!

Then Type in exp. >> "Hit-Reg Fix_step1.ps1"

Everything works fine.

Windows 1809 Current version is " Version 10.0.17763.316 "
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

@st1cky Whwen you type the commands its working fine. the issues start when I try to run some of my batch or powershell files. If you do it manually its ok but try type 400 commands 1 after another :)
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

st1cky wrote:To run a Script with Powershell you just enter in the same Powershell Window:
set-executionpolicy -executionpolicy unrestricted

Then Type "A" For [A] Yes to All!

Then Type in exp. >> "Hit-Reg Fix_step1.ps1"

Everything works fine.

Windows 1809 Current version is " Version 10.0.17763.316 "

I also want to do them not manually but automatically, with just a click. Thanks for the command btw.