TCP Optimizer needs new version since v1709 Windows Update [updated]

Gaming discussion, issues, setup, tips, latency, online gaming, game servers, console gaming, etc.
parasight

Post by parasight »

first thing i want to say is thank you n1ko for fixing my hit reg for csgo and lag problems in LoL

your PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v2.0 bat helped me out a lot, although I have problems with the services part which made my desktop freeze every 2 minutes ( tested each part 1 by 1 on windows 10 pro on a fresh install pc )

Disabling RSS helped my lessen cpu ( i5 3570k ) strain for csgo which helped my performance a lot

here are my bonus tweaks that helped me out as well

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsRuntime\ActivatableClassId\Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter
ActivationType 1 -> 0 ... you need to change security permissions in order to change the value, this will disable game bar presence writer ( windows 10 xbox thing ) which caused stutters in my gameplay

another one is disabing power throttling in gpedit Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Power Throttling Settings
this didnt disable core parking (even with both min/max values at 0 windows 10) which is weird but I did get overall better performance
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

@ parasight
Im glad it helped you. Thanx for your post.
Game Bar & Game Mode causes stuttering indeed. They seem to fixed this in the v1709. Now im playing with game Mode enabled but I guess its not fixed for everyone. You also can rename the files from .exe to .bak,
it will fix the problem as well . I disable the Buid-in Admin Account in Windows so I have rights.

If you dont max out your CPU on 100% you dont need to disable RSS IMO (the perfect CPU use is around 90%). CSGO is hit-scan so its not using that much CPU power compared to other games. Depends on your settings though.

You also can check if application is Power Throttling from Task Manager.
Here a little trick not many people know it:

Right Click on Task Manager tabs in Details ;)

As for PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v3.0 every time I open it I made some changes or include something. Its still not finished but if someone wants to test it here. Its quite different than v2 with more tweaks and sections.

https://mega.nz/#!c04BET4B!9INuSnn_poVa ... lFg_b7R_5A

Services should be fixed. I plan to divide this file on smaller modules. That way it will be easier and many of the tweaks will work better after restart when not implementing them all at once.
I recommend restart after applying Service Optimizing or Additional tweaks.

Please report the bugs.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

Hi n1kobg
nice to see you are making updates to PERFORMANCE BOOSTER !

I have a dumb question now?
What is your view on INTEL ME ?

A few days ago I made an update of INTEL ME driver out of pure ignorance, and all the work on tweaking my system simply vent down the drain. No more perfect hitreg, no more low ping ...... It was a disaster.
So I reverted back with a restore point but funny thing is that the installed Intel ME driver DID NOT change (driver number is new), but the installed file itself went back to previous size.
(by looking in Revo uninstaller, and the difference is 144MB old vs 248MB new).
My tweaks are functioning again but not as they did before (slightly higher ping, slightly worse hitreg).

So than I began my next journy - to learn about Intel ME and AMT and what they do and how to disable ..... and it is awfull! I didnt even know such a infestation exists not to mention possible intrusions in your system.
Unfortunately I am at a dead end. Should I at least disable it at OS level, since I couldnt find the way (or there is no way) of disabling it completely.
Didnt check my BIOS yet, but internet says that even if there is a setting in BIOS to disable it, it doesnt really work.

So what do you say?
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:@ parasight

As for PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v3.0 every time I open it I made some changes or include something. Its still not finished but if someone wants to test it here. Its quite different than v2 with more tweaks and sections.
@n1kobg congrats man!!! This is evolving into something really BIG!

TBH I went to check command lines and got tired at 2/3 LOL !!! Nice work!!!!

So because of me being lazy/and noob , I have a question.
I see you changed the disable services part from pwrshell commands into reg entries (am I right at all?).
This way is better? OTOH this way might be a problem for people who want to disable some and maybe leave others functioning, as it is more difficult to identify services by looking at reg entries.

Also, some time ago you posted a batch called Servicekill for temporary DISABLING some services (not same as those above which you want to disable permanently) just before you go gaming. This was my favourite because there couldnt be any harm as they come back alive after restart. So this would be my humble proposal to include in PERFORMANCE BOOSTER future versions.

Anyway, once again, GREAT JOB n1kobg!!!
jack37

Post by jack37 »

Another nice link worth checking out....

http://lifeofageekadmin.com/network-per ... r-2012-r2/

It is for win server but all settings are pretty much as are ours.
It is nicely written with short explanations and command lines.
Some could be implemented in PERFORMANCE BOOSTER so a potentional user doesnt need to go into NIC settings in properties/advanced ....
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

@ jack37
I dont use Intel Management Engine, dont update these drivers. They cause a lot of issues.You should of uninstalled it before going back to System Restore Point with not installed intel ME drivers. You still can uninstall the drivers from Device Manager or somewhere else.

ps. Thank you for the post :) Im glad you like it.

Im not sure I understand fully your question. Powershell commands are disabling the Windows Apps. The Windows Services are commands for registry tweaks.
"OTOH " - ?
I plan to remove the services in the future versions and I'll either make separate file for that or something else I have in mind which will be easier for the most people.
About servicekill file I updated it as well. Its little more refined with better commands + some other tweaks.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:@ jack37
I dont use Intel Management Engine, dont update these drivers. They cause a lot of issues.You should of uninstalled it before going back to System Restore Point with not installed intel ME drivers. You still can uninstall the drivers from Device Manager or somewhere else.

Im not sure I understand fully your ......
Well, I just uninstalled Intel ME and (I think) everything is back to normal now....

About my previous statment , I will try to explain:

Now in PERFORMANCE BOOSTER, under ACTIVATE_SERVICE_OPTIMIZE
we have for example

Code: Select all

Reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AxInstSV" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f
Reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\WinRM" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
Reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\WinHttpAutoProxySvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
Do this (above) reg entries disable services permanently or just until next restart like we had in SERVICEKILL
for example

Code: Select all

net stop ClipSVC
net stop InstallService
net stop xbgm
net stop spectrum
net stop Spooler
net stop RemoteRegistry
net stop RemoteAccess
If they disable them permanently (until manualy enabling them again) than there should be some warnings for end user
or service name with y/n option .... as killing services is always a messy business ! I know it is a lot of work, just being carefull.

TBH I disabled my services manually so I could think about each and everyone, OFC with help of tutorials like blackviper...
I would much preffer to see the option of TEMPORARY disabling services with "net stop ..." like above , in your PERFORMANCE BOOSTER so noone could complain later.

Also for me being such a pain in the ass, I bring (as a gift) another small link to examine:
http://www.windowsxlive.net/livetuner/

Looks nice and reminds me of you @n1kobg .... one day, you never know, someone will link your blog and your software to some forum!! :nod: :nod: :nod:
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

@ jack37
Ah yes. ACTIVATE_SERVICE_OPTIMIZE. They are permanently disabled.

You're not pain in the ass, dont worry :)
Yes I would like to make my own application. The thing is I dont know a language to make an UI.
There are some programs which make things slightly easier but I dont know them. If Someone can help with that would be nice..

LiveTuner is good but its outdated. Performance tweaks work but network tweaks are in the wrong place. For ex. Nagle's Algorithm is placed in Tcpip\Parameters (like in XP, Vista & 7) instead in Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC ID}
I couldn't find a date of the program but the first comments are 4 years ago so it make sense.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

TCP Optimizer has been updated to 4.0.7.. list of changes is in the revision history here:

https://www.speedguide.net/articles/tcp ... story-5811

Thanks n1kobg and st1cky for the info, bug report and suggestions! We haven't added any new settings, mainly fixed/updated/streamlined the ones already in the program.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
xbacox2010

Post by xbacox2010 »

why you set largesystemcache 1? this is wrong value for gaming
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

This software is not about gaming. Its about options and convenience. We use it for gaming but with these options you can tweak a server as well.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Yeah thanks. I saw it last night. I'll check it out.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

xbacox2010 wrote:why you set largesystemcache 1? this is wrong value for gaming
Largesystemcache allows the system/NIC to allocate more memory than 8MB for Network transfers. It is needed for Gigabit transfers on LANs, could be useful with transfers on some faster internet connections. Note that with the Spring Windows Creators Update, memory buffers advertised by the system will not be immediately allocated, just when needed. This would reduce memory footprint while allowing the system to advertise larger buffers. This will apply to the TCP Window and other buffers, so that largesystemcache will eventually have no negative impact on gaming. This has to be tested of course, but that's the idea.

Oh, and n1kobg is right, the "optimal" settings are targeted towards higher throughput, not necessarily towards gaming.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

I want to add something else on the topic. For Windows Vista and 7 for people with less RAM turn Largesystemcache on. At least that was the case back then when Vista and 7 were out. I havent test that recently.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

I would just like to report I did some testing on autotuning level.

After a few days of testing
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=highlyrestricted

vs

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

I have much better (almost perfect) hitreg (CSGO) with autotuning set to highlyrestricted

Another little tweak I will test further is alleged memory leak in win10 according to this forum thread
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/how-t ... te.420251/

Although it might be fixed by now with win updates, it is quite simple to implement so I will check.

Another sympatic little software that you can check is IPJudo

https://www.ipjudo.com

It is not a freeware but the trial period is 60 days .... very very fair indeed!
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Im using autotuninglevel highlyrestricted too btw :) I still dont have firm answer for me though. I think you speak about the Stand By list in memory. From the forum you post i dont see program.
I have 2 apps that should work on this.

https://mega.nz/#!FlAGjZoL!ai6eP5e1EL25 ... xl-qK9WOno

https://mega.nz/#!dgYljIzA!ozvFyzax5_of ... mJ0FK8wr3E

About IP Judo its since Win XP days. IDK how many years isnt supported but its hould work fine for the most part :)

I have few apps to share on this as well :)

https://mega.nz/#!wpQU3QLI!fx2YiKreFrK_ ... lr20BaFqR0

https://mega.nz/#!gg5WBRhQ!cYypwnRWH_sP ... heC6bVZceg

https://mega.nz/#!NlQ2GbCA!3Y4AVBDUCi_w ... bqGMpI6dB8

I planned to post a collection of nice useful small apps I have collected but the folder quickly became over 250mb so need to classify them first i guess and put them in order.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Since I already started here two very useful apps which are included in Bitsum Process Lassoo. If someone haven't heard of this software I highly recommend it. There is a copy in my forum if someone wants to use it for more than 30 days trial but its slightly older version. If you want the latest version tell me I'll se what I can do. But if you can - buy it its worthed. https://bitsum.com/

https://mega.nz/#!4twhnZKY!QVBidwqdjVVg ... zIOGsEWans

This is for people who want to use just the Schedule tweakers. The way they work is explained in speedguide.net Gaming Tweaks article.
https://www.speedguide.net/articles/gaming-tweaks-5812

p.s. Well I was going to post just those 2 but here what i managed to upload the last 20min.

http://n1kobg.blogspot.bg/p/blog-page.html
jack37

Post by jack37 »

Hi guys ... today I am interested in WIN10 services.

Like all of you, I did limit the services I think I dont need.
You can go into the list of the sevices following: Computer managment - Services and Applications - Services
The list of this services can be found around the net (http://www.blackviper.com/service-confi ... gurations/) or given above in a batch file by @n1kobg. :nod:

But digging around I came upon one other set of win10 services:

RUN - type "msconfig" - services

How do you go about this ones? Any of them are safe to disable?
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

These are the same services, just put there for convenience but limited in terms of options. You can only enable or disable them.They are here since the Xp days and before. In "General" tab you have more flexibility - you can set Normal Startup. Diagnostic and selective startup where you can run only the bare minimum of services for Windows to function, disable startup services ect. Thast for diagnostic and testing mainly. you can go in Safe Mode from there, disable windows logo when windows boots and from "tools" you can go to different parts in windows.

p.s. Check out the last download link: Windows 10 Manager. Its very powerfull tool. Go on "Services". You will see pretty nice options ;) You can optimize the whole Windows with this.

http://n1kobg.blogspot.bg/p/blog-page.html

If someone want some program but cant find it just let me know. I might be able to find it for you.

p.s, Guys I've been told not to post that kind of contend here so I removed all cracked versions from my blog. Private messages only.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

For those who use Nvidia Profile Inspector on a regular basis - for various games,
all games tweaked profiles (.nip) in one place.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidi ... de.392715/

Just to clarify:
NIP comes with preinstalled profiles for many games (almost all games in last 5 - 6 years).
Following the above link you can find those same profiles (already included in NIP) that are tweaked even further.
The additional tweaks are based on multiple forum discussions on each game, so please check it out and enjoy!
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Sadly i dont see nothing about BF4

ps Nice post
jack37

Post by jack37 »

CS GO is a constant work in progress!!!!!

I was so happy with my hitreg for days, just to loose it completely out of nowhere!!!
It took me a day or two to figure out that something is wrong, and to start digging again.
As always, I checked and rechecked everything, reinstalled the most important drivers, but nothing helped....

After the main culprits were eliminated I went to check all the small but very very important tweaks.... and as it turns out, I was right.
For no apparent reason, my CSGO app settings were somehow changed!! Maybe CSGO upgraded and win10 immediately changed them ... IDK.
Anyway, if you realise that something is wrong, and specially if you notice that your mouse pointer on screen moves (just a pixel or two) when it shouldnt,
check app (CSGO main app, or any other game main - launch app) for the following:

- go to your launch app folder. In my case, for CSGO it is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive

- righ click on CSGO.exe app
- go to PROPERTIES / COMPATIBILITY
- UNTICK (UNCHECK) :Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by :APPLICATION/SYSTEM/SYSTEM (ENHANCED)
- TICK (CHECK) : Disable full-screen optimisations

You might have to CLICK on: Change settings for all users to enable this checkboxes to be ticked/unticked.

As I wrote above, win10 decided to change this settings for me!! Probably after CSGO update ?!?

SO after doing this, I have my hitreg back to 85-90 %.
I will test further what difference does it make if you TICK (CHECK) : Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by :APPLICATION/SYSTEM/SYSTEM (ENHANCED)
and select APPLICATION , as the comments on the net are divided on this subject.

Please post you settings for this little win10 annoyance.
xbacox2010

Post by xbacox2010 »

if i need more performance(fps) that values of netsh interface could give me more performance
Processor: g4560
Inet dw 11 mbs/ upload 3mbs
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

If this is a question,No.These wont give you more FPS.

ps. netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled Doesnt work in Windows Pro v1803. Its considered as depricated. Im on WinPro for Workstations but im sure its the new version and not the Workstation Windows.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Im currently on Windows 10 pro for workstations and many comands just dont work here. I think its from the Workstation variant not v1803.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Guys, Try these DNS addresses. 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. Use DNS Bench to see if they are the best for your connection.

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm Youse the top 4 DNS's.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 are Cloudflare DNS. The problem with those is they used to be Chinese IPs, and some ISPs are still blocking the entire 1.0.0./8 range.

There is a list of alternate DNS servers with some info on the main page here: https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-alt ... -i-use-128
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

IDK about chinese Ips. They say they are snapier in therms of page loading depending where you live and add a security lair by deleting your ip and other personal data from the sites you're visitting.Google & other servers dont offer that. DNS Bench will determine the best DNS for every person individually. My ISP DNS servers were way better than others like google ones but now they started to loose performance a little bit so the default Obtain DNS servers Automatically isnt the best setting for all. i use the first 4 .

ps. Dont botgher typing them. Just right click on top of them & copy.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

xbacox2010

Post by xbacox2010 »

what improve this of process lasso? ProcessLasso_reg_file
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

As I wrote this is just in case the apps dont run. If apps run fine with no issues you dont need it.
It runs fine on my Windows but im not sure for everyone so I decided to add it.

ps. For Windows Server 2016 in vistammsc.exe 0 is = to 10.
This key contains a REG_DWORD value named SystemResponsiveness that determines the percentage of CPU resources that should be guaranteed to low-priority tasks. For example, if this value is 20, then 20% of CPU resources are reserved for low-priority tasks. Note that values that are not evenly divisible by 10 are rounded up to the nearest multiple of 10. A value of 0 is also treated as 10.
Im not sure if thats the case in Windows 10. As I read it the lowest are 2 and 5 but Im might be wrong.

BTW Im testing a new Power Plan. Its based on the regular High Performance Power Plan but I removed many of the powersave features and it works like the old processors- on 100% all the time so the fast response you can have on your CPU. Of course it should be used only for gaming and heavy workloads and switched back to ballance or Powersave after that.
Also on Something between Power Save and Ballanced Power Plan. It uses less resources. I dont like Power Save. Sometimes its too slow. Its ideal for internet browsing , movies, youtube with many tabs and windows in the background.
Kromanoid

Post by Kromanoid »

Hi, guys, I'm desperate with CSGO,
I hide, but they kill me as if I were standing in the middle of the map. When I shoot someone I feel and see how the bullets go through. Even having a good ping, when they kill me in the air, it feels like I'm going back in time and I've never jumped. Sorry for my bad english. I'm desperate. I'm already using TCP Optimizer, but there is a lot of bs in the internet, I feel that here are the real men who can help me
What settings and tweaks would you recommend? Thanks in advance <3
jack37

Post by jack37 »

Kromanoid wrote:Hi, guys, I'm desperate with CSGO,
I hide, but they kill me as if I were standing in the middle of the map. When I shoot someone I feel and see how the bullets go through. Even having a good ping, when they kill me in the air, it feels like I'm going back in time and I've never jumped. Sorry for my bad english. I'm desperate. I'm already using TCP Optimizer, but there is a lot of bs in the internet, I feel that here are the real men who can help me
What settings and tweaks would you recommend? Thanks in advance <3
Hello, nice to have you here.
Of course we will help you, but , well you have to be patient. When someone has the time ... they will post some interesting tweak.
For starters, my experience with CSGO was very similar to yours, and to make it better you have to understand that it is not 1 single solution or tweak. It is like 15 - 20 checkpoints you have to do to minimize your system latency and your internet latency.
Another thing is your PC rig.... You can play CSGO on anything decent, but to keep up with the world, you need above average specs (monitor, SSD, CPU, mouse, keyborad, headphones..)

So after this introduction, here are some basic stuff which are a MUST do to enjoy CSGO....
- new/newish drivers
- proper NVIDIA Control Panel settings
- proper WIN settings (disable unneccesary process - power profile - CPU OC)
- proper Internet settings
- proper CSGO settings (video settings, autoexec or config...)
- proper mouse setings
- proper audio driver AND audio driver setings
- some CSGO specific tricks .....

A LOT of what I am speaking about is in this forum thread already posted.... so do your homework, and report what and how did you check out...
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

What Windows you have and what are your PC system specs?
Kromanoid

Post by Kromanoid »

jack37 wrote:Hello, nice to have you here.
Of course we will help you, but , well you have to be patient. When someone has the time ... they will post some interesting tweak.
For starters, my experience with CSGO was very similar to yours, and to make it better you have to understand that it is not 1 single solution or tweak. It is like 15 - 20 checkpoints you have to do to minimize your system latency and your internet latency.
Another thing is your PC rig.... You can play CSGO on anything decent, but to keep up with the world, you need above average specs (monitor, SSD, CPU, mouse, keyborad, headphones..)

So after this introduction, here are some basic stuff which are a MUST do to enjoy CSGO....
- new/newish drivers
- proper NVIDIA Control Panel settings
- proper WIN settings (disable unneccesary process - power profile - CPU OC)
- proper Internet settings
- proper CSGO settings (video settings, autoexec or config...)
- proper mouse setings
- proper audio driver AND audio driver setings
- some CSGO specific tricks .....

A LOT of what I am speaking about is in this forum thread already posted.... so do your homework, and report what and how did you check out...
n1kobg wrote:What Windows you have and what are your PC system specs?
Thanks for the quick reply. The truth is that I have been fiddling with services for a long time, windows regedit, TCP Optimizer, ethernet adapter settings, Nvidia control panel ... Many times I have been forced to do a clean installation of Windows due to this. I have currently tested most of the tweaks and optimizations listed on the internet. I have the background processes turned off, my Nvidia control panel set up like most people say it should be. I have tried with shadow cache turned off and on. I am using an SSD. When I deactivate shadow cache I notice improvement, but other days it's the other way around. I have deactivated Network Throttling, I have changed the "System Responsiveness". I am already using all variants of TCP_NoDelay, TcpAckblabla thing. I'm tired of this situation, I do not pretend to sound disrespectful. I do not know what to do. I'm not a new user in this, I've been looking for the holy grail for quite some time. I've also disabled the built-in sound card, since I'm using an external one. Messed araound with HPET, EIST and the other energy savers things...
I do not have a single driver missing. Nothing seems to work. CSGO feels really CHOPPY, and when I shoot someone, the bullets keep going through as if they were ghosts. I'm using the maximum performance mode thanks to N1ko, and some improvement I've come to notice. But everything is more or less just as painful.

My specs:
Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL2411 24 "144hz
CPU: Intel i7 6800K
MOBO: MSI X99A SLI PLUS
GPU: Nvidia 760 4GB (Always Updated)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 16GB CL15 (Just one)
DRIVES: SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB + HDD Kingston 1 TB

That's not all, obviously, but I guess the most important thing. I have come to think that maybe it is the bottleneck caused by the graphic card, but even so, using this same equipment, I have seen better performance in terms of CSGO. Not in terms of FPS, I'm talking about hitreg, rubberbanding, stuttering and even feeling... I don't know what else I can say!
jack37

Post by jack37 »

@Kromanoid
Be sure that we will TRY to help you. It is both nice and sad to see you have a "history" with CSGO. Nice - because you have knowledge how to do things, and sad because it is happening to you at all.
So on the more advanced level, I stay with my former statement. It is not 1 tweak - it is tweaks all around!

I have an 7700HQ CPU laptop, and ALL possible internet and non-internet tweaks and still from time to time my hitreg turns to ****. Depending on such trivial stuf - check my post above when windows decided to change my "full screen optimisation" setting. It took me days to set it right and to get my hitreg as I should.

Again - be patient, as we will help you to go thru all the settings one by one and get the best you can out of your system.
Now, one of the basic things to do is to check your internet in general. Not your personal settings, but your ISP settings. (you probably already did that)
Do you have gaming internet ? Some EU countries have low latency gaming internet, others dont. For internet speed and bufferbloat checking I use this link: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

For CSGO - bufferbloat is what you are looking at. Any speed is more or less OK.

Another thing I dont see in your post is Nvidia profile inspector - do you have it and do you know how to use it?

If I remember correctly I fixed my rubberbanding with NvidiaProfileInspector.
As soon as I can I will write an advanced check list of tweaks for you....
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

I have the same monitor - XL2411z. Im writing (very slowly) a guide how & what to do to improve your performance in games. I aim at actually useful tweaks and ways to improve, unlike the 1000s guides which make your menu to show faster or to desable start up programs, or tcp tweaks :) But its not finnished yet so Im sory for that :( BTW Nagles Algoritm can only improve your internet browsing and the games which still use tcp protocol.

I will give you a link to my blog to see if you missed something. It will have an impact on your hit-reg, how big or small is depending wether you tweaked it before or parts of it.
The issue you have can be a bad driver update so keep that in mind.

Here a part of one of my batchfiles:
https://mega.nz/#!NhZBnZpb!JnIHxERPNms5 ... XlYcSTRYP0

http://n1kobg.blogspot.com/2017/03/inte ... t-reg.html

ill post a part of that guide because you have the same monitor.

For BENQ Monitors: From the Service Menu or Blur Busters Strobe Utility decrease the Strobe Duty and Strobe Fase to 0 or 1- lowest. This will make the monitor faster & more responsive. You can't feel the difference but its there and you will find you perform a little bit better in FPS shooters. Thats if you are good player. Competitive gamers & skilled players need every advantage they can get. If you are noob dont bother, you need skills and fast reflexes to be able to utilise this tweak. Many people will say thats ******** because its few ms - your reactions are way slower that this. They're mistaken. Its hard to explain but these ms are benefitting the video card not you. The tweak allows the GPU to draw the enemy possition faster. Well more like the monitor shows faster what the GPU is already drawn. Also disable Overdrive or AMA depending on your monitor. Ultimately you can turn it on if you think you need that feature in game.

Brightness 100, Contrast 50, LowBlueLight-0, BlurReduction-OFF, InstantMode-ON ofcourse, Sharpness-5 (default) R=88, G=81, B=95

Of cource this can be applied to all monitors with these settings like Asus for example.

ps. BTW I made 3 small apps which improve hit-reg and optimize network connection and system performance (each have differend approach & work best all 3 combined). Im surprised to see people want to buy them :)

I have v1709 & v1803 and for some reason I have bad hit-reg on 1803. Just something worth mentioning.
And you need better video card. That also could be the problem.
sonexs

Post by sonexs »

n1kobg wrote:I have v1709 & v1803 and for some reason I have bad hit-reg on 1803. Just something worth mentioning.
And you need better video card. That also could be the problem.

i have v1803 and feeling the same...

Unfortunately CS-GO doesnt feel smooth for me, also a lot of shots not registering with the server...
I7700K
GTX1080 Ti
so, very good hardware actually...

i signed up, because of this interesting thread and have tried a lot of the mentioned settings.
but there is no current way to measure or compare the setting, only the feeling if its better or even worse changing the settings...

this is actual setting: (batch from n1kobg)

https://ibb.co/iifwiT
https://ibb.co/mAEdxo
https://ibb.co/nav7q8
https://ibb.co/kw9BHo

maybe someone has an idea to optimize...
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Ye many of the settings have positive impact but its hard to measure them. that doesnt mean the improvement isnt there. I do my hit-reg test on BF4 where the CPU have more work to do compared to CSGO and other hitscan games because except measuring your possitions related to other players it calculates the bullet deviation, spread, recoil, travel time ect. Also some visuals are transefered on the CPU as well on Frostbite engine. You can also see how you perform in terms of stats like K/D, Accuracy, 1v1 situations (need players you know and played before) or just general performance. I see people make simple FPS measurement and decide there is no improvement of the particular tweak or setting they test. Not everything is FPS and ping. They are just 1 of many indicators in their areas. Players with same FPS or ping are not equal.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

sonexs wrote:i have v1803 and feeling the same...

Unfortunately CS-GO doesnt feel smooth for me, also a lot of shots not registering with the server...
this is actual setting: (batch from n1kobg)

https://ibb.co/iifwiT
https://ibb.co/mAEdxo

maybe someone has an idea to optimize...
Hi sonexs,
I can see some inconsistency in the first two screen shots.... It refers to RSS or ReceiveSideScaling
In the first screenshot you have it enabled (as it should be) and in the second screenshot you have that same ReceiveSideScaling DISABLED. So try to make that right - consistent.
Also I can see that you have NumRssQueues set to 2 ...... If your NIC allows you, you can set it to 4.
Some NIC settings allow only values 0 - 1 - 2 (like n1kobg) and some allow 0 - 1 - 2 - 4 (like mine). It is better 4 for 4 core CPUs.

Thats all I can see or say.

In general, the CSGO feeling has gone a bit worse with last win10 updates. But OTOH it is still playable if you get all the settings right. For example my hitreg howers from 70% to 85% accurate.
Than all of a sudden something happens, like win10 decides to change some setting by it self (???????? It happened 3 times for me so far) and immediately my hitreg goes down to 25%.

I remember that at the time we were the most active here, a few months ago, with all this tweaks, I got to a hitreg of 100% and it was amasing. But that wonder lasted only a few days untill I decided to update some driver or something like that....
Just wanted to point out that CSGO is a constant work in progres because of old game engine and (in my opinion) win10 going in broadband speed direction and not in a low latency direction.

Best regards

p.s. Also I can see your receive and transmit buffers are set pretty high. n1kobg plays PUBG where there si more data flow than CSGO. You can test lower buffers. I have set 128 kB for receive and 64 kB or 96kB for transmit buffer. So feel free to test lower values....