TCP Optimizer needs new version since v1709 Windows Update [updated]

Gaming discussion, issues, setup, tips, latency, online gaming, game servers, console gaming, etc.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Yes you asked me once about the RSS Queues and I hesitated to answer because I plan to make my own program some time or work with someone who already have such program. This is my own tweak I found tweaking the registry and you cant find this in internet. For now I think the RSS Queue .reg file tweak I made works for my NIC only. I guess I can make a tutorial in my blog how to make it for every NIC when i have time. BTW Smart PC Utilities gave me a licence code for a year to GameFirePro as a "thanks" for my help with some of the tweaks in the program.
st1cky

Post by st1cky »

n1kobg wrote:Yes you asked me once about the RSS Queues and I hesitated to answer because I plan to make my own program some time or work with someone who already have such program. This is my own tweak I found tweaking the registry and you cant find this in internet. For now I think the RSS Queue .reg file tweak I made works for my NIC only. I guess I can make a tutorial in my blog how to make it for every NIC when i have time. BTW Smart PC Utilities gave me a licence code for a year to GameFirePro as a "thanks" for my help with some of the tweaks in the program.
I know you hesitated haha :D ,
Goood Job, when will it released?
I tried in Registry, i think its driver related or CPU? You cant change it in Powershell and i tried in Registry with. I will find a way :P
I got I7 7700k.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{b44d55cc-dc3c-42f7-a067-eade0196bfd4}

DWORDS:
NumberOfReceiveQueues
MaxNumRssCpus

Source:

http://www.monitis.com/blog/performance ... tempart-1/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... processors

Not working lol
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:@jack37
First thank you about what you said about us.
Second:

What you mean here? They way you say it it comes out that the unpark tweak is not unparking? Can you clarify because you say they dont work. You need the cores Unparked not Parked.
Third: Whats this "FlipbyFlip metering" ? Is this something to do with FPS Limitter? Are you refering to this link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1270041177
Give some info.
Hi
Yes you read it correct. AFTER running St1ckys batch file, and restarting, my cores PARK !. And they were unparked before. So I reverted back and deleted those lines about core "unparking" (for me they were core "parking ). Now everything is ok. I also deleted a command that cleared my Tasks (startup) and as much I like having a clear system I vould rather not start up manualy every program I need every day (for example Throttlestop or clevo control centar ).
For drivers I completely agree as learned (again) just recently with Realtec audio driver.... It cost me a day of my life to figure that when you loose your mic after Realtec driver install, it is most probably a faulty driver...

About Nvidia Profile Inspector, yes again, I was reffering to that link. Although one can find some rare discusions on the net about this specific setting, and although many claim it is a placebo since frame limiter (v1) is OFF just one line above, it gives me a much much smoother experince in game, without stuttering or rubberbanding (CSGO ofc). All players actually walk with full motions wisible and there is no step skipping or gliding. Actually St1ckys batch file and NPI are the only two things (well 2 major tweak sets) I do before playing and I can just confirm that my hitreg is in a DREAM zone. On steam servers my bullets seem to stick no matter how bad I aim!!!

More about Nvidia: it pissed me of that every time Nvidia calls home it would reset it settings, no mater what component would call home. Upgrading the driver being the obvious one, but also Nvidia Control Panel, or Nvidia Telemetry. I have them all disabled, but still sometimes my game settings in NCP would reset out of nowhere. SO by following a guide on 3d guru about NPI, I set up my own general and CSGO profile (or for any other game) and set it to autostart every time when a computer starts by creating an open file asociation for my saved profiles and saving them in startup folder..... So now every time I start my laptop, no mater what Nvidia does, my settings load and execute with NPI and by by bad hitreg !!!!!!
I belive NPI Is a very powerfull tool which is soo neglected. Also thanks for your Ethernet settings. LOL. You could save you the trouble and just write that everything is disabled or off!!!! How on earth do you still have internet acces?! LOL

Also thanks to St1cky for the video....
jack37

Post by jack37 »

@St1cky
Go..go..go. we are all waiting for that BIOS low latency tweaks video...
Just kidding OFC. It would be nice when you have time.
st1cky

Post by st1cky »

Hey Jack37,

I was sending now 2 Messages but i dont see them in the Sent Folder what the ****?
You got the messages?

My Steamprofil:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/st1cky93

10% is much yes. Didnt know but you need music volum for the 10Sec Warning. thats why its important XD
1920x1080 240hz 1ms

Now i done sometesting lol

Look at that..

Highest Peek was 60µs. ( was running 2min )

Yeah i will do it soon. Maybe this Weekend. lol :D
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

@st1cky
Yes you probably tried an old article for Windows Server 2003 or 2016 commands, I say it without even see the links :)
I will share but i want to public it on my blog first. i hope thats ok with you :)
"when will it released?" If you talk about when Ill make the tutorial-im not sure exactly, as soon i have time I guess. If you're talking about GameFirePro heres the link to the software: https://www.smartpcutilities.com/index.html
Their PC Services Optimizer is also very good but they made it payed. When I had Windows 8 it was free software. Im not sure whats like the free version these days.
btw these are very impressive latency times :) but i see the nvidia kernel mode drivers time is 2x bigger than mine (around 133)

@jack37
Yes this tweak you talk stops the Task Scheduler, thats why your programs dont run at Start Up. About the Nvidia Inspector when you make the change and hit APPLY you dont tweak just that specific tweak but all the tweaks in the inspector :) These are optimal for every game tweaks. Thats a common case when someone copy/paste a tweak he saw in internet and decide to "make a tutorial" - they dont know what they are doing & just repeat what they saw and most times its semi accurate :) So with Nvdia Inspctor you make a bunch of tweaks to your drivers not just one specific tweak.
Question :Whats NPI tool? Pls post a link.

And about st1cky batch file: I think these tweaks are not working. Some of them are way back from Windows Vista and even XP days.Now Win10 make some of these in more efficient way, maybe though drivers (tip* if you know how to tweak tcpip.sys this would be a breakthrough), some of them are old names for existing registry settings, some of them were in different parts of the registry.

REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableDCA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableWsd /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableTCPA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v DisableLargeMTU /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableConnectionRateLimiting /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TCPMaxDataRetransmissions /t REG_DWORD /d 00000005 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpNumConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 00000500 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpCreateAndConnectTcbRateLimitDepth /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v KeepAliveTime /t REG_DWORD /d 7200000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v QualifyingDestinationThreshold /t REG_DWORD /d 00000003 /f

Here is a link of a batch file i made to temporary disable some of the unneeded for gaming services. Run it every time before ganming. You can watch in TaksManager Services tab when do it :) its not perfect, depending on your services settings it will try to disable some protected services, just hit Y when it asks you.
https://mega.nz/#!p8JzWKRS!eUQooelD8UQD ... DJtKLJSWP8

Ye i have intention for Bios Tweak tutorial too but the time is always not enough :)
Im working slowly on an ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE GUIDE.rtf but idk when im going to finish it. Maybe when the new Battlefield V game comes out.

Unfortunately many competitive players know my blog now and the advantage I would have will be lost so you see my dilemma here :) If they play only CSGO i have no problem but when they are competing against me in Battlefield ...

ps. I just saw I have already posted this batch file in a previous post.
st1cky

Post by st1cky »

n1kobg wrote:@st1cky
Yes you probably tried an old article for Windows Server 2003 or 2016 commands, I say it without even see the links :)
I will share but i want to public it on my blog first. i hope thats ok with you :)
"when will it released?" If you talk about when Ill make the tutorial-im not sure exactly, as soon i have time I guess. If you're talking about GameFirePro heres the link to the software: https://www.smartpcutilities.com/index.html
Their PC Services Optimizer is also very good but they made it payed. When I had Windows 8 it was free software. Im not sure whats like the free version these days.
btw these are very impressive latency times :) but i see the nvidia kernel mode drivers time is 2x bigger than mine (around 133)

@jack37
Yes this tweak you talk stops the Task Scheduler, thats why your programs dont run at Start Up. About the Nvidia Inspector when you make the change and hit APPLY you dont tweak just that specific tweak but all the tweaks in the inspector :) These are optimal for every game tweaks. Thats a common case when someone copy/paste a tweak he saw in internet and decide to "make a tutorial" - they dont know what they are doing & just repeat what they saw and most times its semi accurate :) So with Nvdia Inspctor you make a bunch of tweaks to your drivers not just one specific tweak.
Question :Whats NPI tool? Pls post a link.

And about st1cky batch file: I think these tweaks are not working. Some of them are way back from Windows Vista and even XP days.Now Win10 make some of these in more efficient way, maybe though drivers (tip* if you know how to tweak tcpip.sys this would be a breakthrough), some of them are old names for existing registry settings, some of them were in different parts of the registry.

REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableDCA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableWsd /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableTCPA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v DisableLargeMTU /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableConnectionRateLimiting /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TCPMaxDataRetransmissions /t REG_DWORD /d 00000005 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpNumConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 00000500 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpCreateAndConnectTcbRateLimitDepth /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v KeepAliveTime /t REG_DWORD /d 7200000 /f
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v QualifyingDestinationThreshold /t REG_DWORD /d 00000003 /f

Here is a link of a batch file i made to temporary disable some of the unneeded for gaming services. Run it every time before ganming. You can watch in TaksManager Services tab when do it :) its not perfect, depending on your services settings it will try to disable some protected services, just hit Y when it asks you.
https://mega.nz/#!p8JzWKRS!eUQooelD8UQD ... DJtKLJSWP8

Ye i have intention for Bios Tweak tutorial too but the time is always not enough :)
Im working slowly on an ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE GUIDE.rtf but idk when im going to finish it. Maybe when the new Battlefield V game comes out.

Unfortunately many competitive players know my blog now and the advantage I would have will be lost so you see my dilemma here :) If they play only CSGO i have no problem but when they are competing against me in Battlefield ...
Question :Whats NPI tool?
He means the NvidiaProfileInspector

but i see the nvidia kernel mode drivers time is 2x bigger than mine (around 133)
Yes but its ok because its only the highest peek its not always like that :D

And you are right about the old tweaks ;)
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Oh so nvidia Inspector, ok.
I have tweaks to share for a whole week so lets get started:

Here some convenient tweaks for the Power Users. There are two separate .reg files- one fore CPUs before SkyLake, and one for SkyLake/KabyLake/CoffeLake CPUs. The third tweak is Right Desktop Click Power Option Short Cut. After you implement the tweaks you can manually Unpark your CPU Cores from Power Options-Change Plan Settings.

http://n1kobg.blogspot.bg/2018/03/hidde ... right.html

BTW I tweaked Sk1cky Unparking Tweak. I took a brief look. I think its working now. At least that's the logical value assuming the paths are correct. If someone want to test it...
In Windows 10 High Performance Power Mode unparks 3 of the 4 cores on quadcore CPUs so you have "only" 1 parked core. On Windows 7 & 8 they work differently and you have to unpark.

Echo. ; ----------------------------------------
Echo. ; CPU Unpark!
Echo. ; ----------------------------------------
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMax /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMin /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMax /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMin /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMax /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMin /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f

ps. I just saw I have already posted this batch file which temporary disables the Services in a previous post.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

This is my DPC Latency Winth MSI Mode enabled stock PC settings :)

https://gyazo.com/f0ef7cd773ea9d9fc024fdea64959aa5

ps. I see Speedguide updated the Gaming Tweaks page with Intel Recommended Network Adapter Settings which were post on this thread by st1cky. Thank you for listening. That encourage us to post new info & tweaks. That proves that this thread I made is a good thing.
BTW these Recommended Adapter Settings can be found in Intel's drivers themselves.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

If you like these Power Options I'll post a fully unlocked version of all CPU Power options to tweak.

Here's an extra Right Click Option Menu with few convenient shortcuts and abilities :)

Thats .reg file
https://mega.nz/#!QkB2RS7I!BVQ6NNFM4jQVn1NKG9iqOkllgyiQlIF3KmD1nLAR2Ik

Thats batch file
https://mega.nz/#!Qk5BFBIA!5hFFGzDUHfOM9nB4bLt_7T0SHnLqkWgL9ykapt0CqKI

I left some locked options for everyone to unlock if they want to.

I hope you like it :)
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:@st1cky

Hi, @n1kobg, can you just clarify for me, this above reg entries are old and absolete for win 10? Should we erase them from the batch file or they can stay as they dont do any damage?
Also this brings me to my next question which is kinda the same as the first one. I noticed in the tweaks you posted before that they are for a different registry key : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 and all the tweaks in St1ckys batch are for a
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet registry key. TBH I just added the tweaks for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 on top of St1ckys batch file and I can confirm that the game (CSGO) feels even better. Hitreg is a bit better but overall feeling is that you are even more "IN the game" or somehow closer to the game as server sees it. Thats my feeling anyway.

Also I have a question for your batch file (@N1kobg) which stops various services before starting the game.
This one: Servicekill.bat
Will the services and tasks restart upon restarting the PC ? Sorry for noob question. LOL

Also about your DPC LAtency (@N1kobg) is that with all the tweaks implemented and services stopped with the Servicekill.bat batch file?
Anyway it is almost a zero latency system ... NICE
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

omg I wrote everyting and disable the tab by mistake :) Now I have to write again :D

Hi jack37, I cant say for sure if they are bad & damage the performance but I would remove them from the batch, just in case.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet is the main path, the others are backup.Although ControlSet001 might be the last control set you booted with. You can have ControlSet002. I like to tweak both to work on most systems. Sometimes after restart the system loads Last Known Good Configuration. I dont remember what version of the file I posted here tbh. Its possible the 2nd time you enabled some of the tweaks. The .reg files are more direct way to tweak & commands are indirect method. Sometimes they could not work properly. Im not sure if that path is also not linked to the Windows accounts (users & admin)

"Hitreg is a bit better but overall feeling is that you are even more "IN the game" or somehow closer to the game as server sees it" -What you mean here? i dont understand.

Yes, you just temporary disable the services. After restart they are running normally. Watch Services Tab in Task Manager while running the file and you'll see how the are being disabled. After restart they are enabled again. I made last night new improved servicekill file but I called it Game Mode. Ill see what else temp tweaks I can include and ill post it in my blog or/and here.

I have much more tweaks in my OS than posted here. DPC Latency test was made with te new Game Mode + my custom Power Plan

What do you thing about the other lisnks I posted. Some of them you can unlock with software. I have Fully unlocked version of the Power Plan CPU Options that i made last night & I havent seen anywhere in internet. Ill post it if someone needs it. I have few more Right Click Menu files. for example option to kill hanged & not responding programs, very handy. I like the Right Click Switch Power Options-Basic file, handy as well :)

here some of the screens I took, Let me know if someone is interested:
https://gyazo.com/b1e0374ded43190d4191d476e86bc3e5
https://gyazo.com/b47b0dbb64caffadfb0fb6a5cdde25b3
https://gyazo.com/5e72db315720baa511fad675d3af4f48
https://gyazo.com/9a65f24931e80655ac6eef3c16292ae0
https://gyazo.com/655942788d3ffd9a2d427933c0a6d608
https://gyazo.com/53ac93a0230f5b2f3056edaa34d541c3
https://gyazo.com/21ccf774405f7a714365faa7c8c463b2
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote: "Hitreg is a bit better but overall feeling is that you are even more "IN the game" or somehow closer to the game as server sees it" -What you mean here? i dont understand.
I guess what I mean by this is that the game is more responsive, and that there is less time difference between the game as server sees it and the game as client sees it. Obviously the client is always some ms behind server and I am not talking about the ping only...
Cant explain it better, sorry.

I would like to share an very interesting and informative link (for a noob like me anyway) :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =727946014

It is all windows settings for NIC explained and/or at least researched with the gaming and low latency in mind.
Also I wouldlike to confirm that making double registry entries (in my case cmdlets) for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet registry and for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 gives excellent results. If anything else my internet browsing is lightning fast LOL. The pages open before I even click on them... As for the gaming (CSGO) my hitreg with steam servers is also impressive. My problem is that I often play at a nosteam servers (CSROG) because of many friends I have there and at nosteam servers my hitreg is not so good. This kinda gets on my nerves but it is what it is...

So back to the analysis in the link above. All settings are in relation with one @N1kobg provided but I dont undrstand the logic of the following:

Maximum Number of RSS Queues

RECOMMENDATION:
Experiment if you want to try using RSS; your mileage may vary.

REASON(S) TO SET A VALUE:
If you have a multi-core processor, you can set as many RSS Queues as you have processor cores; a value of 8 on an i7 will use all 8 processing cores for RSS queues. The amount of threads used may have some bearing on how useful RSS is.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:
I haven’t found time to test this myself or with my testers so far.

Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) State

WARNING – “Needs Checksum Offload to be enabled. Only supported by some network adapters.” - speedguide.net

WHAT IT DOES: from SPEEDGUIDE.NET
“The receive-side scaling setting enables parallelized processing of received packets on multiple processors, while avoiding packet reordering. It avoids packet reordering by separating packets into "flows", and using a single processor for processing all the packets for a given flow. Packets are separated into flows by computing a hash value based on specific fields in each packet, and the resulting hash values are used to select a processor for processing the flow. This approach ensures that all packets belonging to a given TCP connection will be queued to the same processor, in the same order that they were received by the network adapter.”

RECOMMENDATION:
Experiment; your mileage may vary. There’s too much conflicting research data to tell one way or another if it’s worth leaving on or not for everyone. While data suggests it can benefit modern machines more than it does older ones, this setting is an on odd. That is because it is as recommended to try for its benefits as much as it is recommended to leave it off for its problems, sometimes from the same source. - SOURCE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2643970 < while they recommend enabling RSS on newer OSes, there's a lot of talk of troubleshooting network drivers by disabling their features.”

REASON(S) TO TURN OFF:
If you have a single-core processor (god forbid), you can’t use this.
If your NIC is poor at handling RSS, then it’ll cause more problems.

REASON(S) TO LEAVE ON:
If you have a multi-core processor and a capable NIC, this could help you.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:
At the time of writing, I have an i5 CPU and I don’t use RSS at all. I couldn’t see any real benefits, nor have I spent much time getting results about it from the testers. Given how varied the existing research is, it’s a crapshoot.
EDIT: been trying it out, might not be so bad...

As I understand the Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) State has to be enabled in order to use Maximum Number of RSS Queues , and in order for Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) State to work, we need to enable Checksum Offload.
But there are 2c TCP Checksums and 2x UDP Checksums. Should all be enabled... Anyway can you comment this warning: “Needs Checksum Offload to be enabled. Only supported by some network adapters.” - speedguide.net
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Ah yes, I know what you mean, the game is more responsive and less input lag, you see the enemies positions more accurate. About the RSS I feel thats taken from Old Windows Server info. You have to know that the servers need better throughput not latency. Thats why the recommendations are different, sometime just the opposite of whats best for gaming. The other thing is that Windows 10 is different in many aspects than the older Windows Server info published in internet. After few years we'll see Microsoft to publish information about the latest Windows Server & Windows 10 for consumers where it will be 100% accurate. For now we have to orient ourselves.

On MTU subject. ill copy/paste what I wrote in gaming MTU and MSS values? thread in this forum plus some other general information for better understanding whats MTU.

"Reducing your MTU along with RWIN improves the hit-registration in FPS Shooters for example. How small - That depends on the internet connection but you have to reduce both for best result. The thing is you neeed 2 MTUs. One for gaming and one for every day browsing. Thats the catch. The best alternative is to find that sweet spot which is not ideal but the easiest approach. On poor connections the impact is more visible. Some go as low as 500 but as a general rule dont go below 1000."

MTU means “Maximum Transmission Unit”. When a connection is started between two computers they must determine the best MTU for both sides. They compare their MTUs and select the smaller one. Not every time the highest possible MTU is the best option. The problem is that your provider may allow a MaxMTU that is larger than those permitted by some of the other servers that carry the data along the way. If your MTU is larger than the other servers MTU the routers must break your packets on pieces and this causes poor performance. You need as large as possible MTU without fragmenting the packets.

About the steam guide ill check it out. I see it mentions C-states. Ofcourse everyone knows u have to disabke every power saving features in bios to achieve lower latency and stable overclock
jack37

Post by jack37 »

@n1kobg
AS I am still new to this whole world of settings and tweaks, I surf the net a lot (my google-fu is pretty good) so I found an explanation about origins of RSS and you are absolutely correct. It is an old Win Server settings (and probably still is). It originates from servers with separated CPU cores and seoarated NICs. I cant find that link right now but I will and I will post it here. Somehow people translated that setting into multiple cores CPUs working with 1 NIC... This is OFC my noob view. Maybe there is more in it than pure translation and maybe the setting itself evolved over time. But 100% initially it was a server setting!
So far I managed to implement recommended settings on HW level (NIC properties - settings - advanced) and OS settings, and make the uniform - with no conflicts.
This now are my settings

Code: Select all

SettingName                     : Internet
MinRto(ms)                      : 300
InitialCongestionWindow(MSS)    : 10
CongestionProvider              : CTCP
CwndRestart                     : False
DelayedAckTimeout(ms)           : 40
DelayedAckFrequency             : 2
MemoryPressureProtection        : Disabled
AutoTuningLevelLocal            : Disabled
AutoTuningLevelGroupPolicy      : NotConfigured
AutoTuningLevelEffective        : Local
EcnCapability                   : Disabled
Timestamps                      : Disabled
InitialRto(ms)                  : 2000
ScalingHeuristics               : Disabled
DynamicPortRangeStartPort       : 1024
DynamicPortRangeNumberOfPorts   : 64511
AutomaticUseCustom              : Disabled
NonSackRttResiliency            : Disabled
ForceWS                               : Enabled
MaxSynRetransmissions           : 2
AutoReusePortRangeStartPort     : 0
AutoReusePortRangeNumberOfPorts : 0

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting

ReceiveSideScaling           : Enabled
ReceiveSegmentCoalescing     : Disabled
Chimney                      : Disabled
TaskOffload                  : Disabled
NetworkDirect                : Enabled
NetworkDirectAcrossIPSubnets : Blocked
PacketCoalescingFilter       : Disabled

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty

Name                      DisplayName                    DisplayValue                   RegistryKeyword RegistryValue
----                      -----------                    ------------                   --------------- -------------
Ethernet                  Flow Control                   Disabled                       *FlowControl    {0}
Ethernet                  Interrupt Moderation           Disabled                       *InterruptMo... {0}
Ethernet                  IPv4 Checksum Offload          Disabled                       *IPChecksumO... {0}
Ethernet                  Jumbo Frame                    Disabled                       *JumboPacket    {1514}
Ethernet                  Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)   Disabled                       *LsoV2IPv4      {0}
Ethernet                  Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6)   Disabled                       *LsoV2IPv6      {0}
Ethernet                  Maximum Number of RSS Queues   4 Queues                       *NumRssQueues   {4}
Ethernet                  ARP Offload                    Disabled                       *PMARPOffload   {0}
Ethernet                  NS Offload                     Disabled                       *PMNSOffload    {0}
Ethernet                  Priority & VLAN                Priority & VLAN Disabled       *PriorityVLA... {0}
Ethernet                  Receive Buffers                128                            *ReceiveBuffers {128}
Ethernet                  Receive Side Scaling           Enabled                        *RSS            {1}
Ethernet                  Speed & Duplex                 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex           *SpeedDuplex    {6}
Ethernet                  TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4)    Disabled                       *TCPChecksum... {0}
Ethernet                  TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6)    Disabled                       *TCPChecksum... {0}
Ethernet                  Transmit Buffers               96                             *TransmitBuf... {96}
Ethernet                  UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4)    Disabled                       *UDPChecksum... {0}
Ethernet                  UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6)    Disabled                       *UDPChecksum... {0}
Ethernet                  Wake on Magic Packet           Disabled                       *WakeOnMagic... {0}
Ethernet                  Wake on pattern match          Disabled                       *WakeOnPattern  {0}
Ethernet                  Auto Disable Gigabit           Disabled                       AutoDisableG... {0}
Ethernet                  Energy Efficient Ethernet      Disabled                       EEE             {0}
Ethernet                  Green Ethernet                 Disabled                       EnableGreenE... {0}
Ethernet                  Network Address                --                             NetworkAddress  {--}
Ethernet                  Shutdown Wake-On-Lan           Disabled                       S5WakeOnLan     {0}
Ethernet                  Wake On Link Up                Disabled                       WakeOnLinkUp    {0}
Ethernet                  WOL & Shutdown Link Speed      10 Mbps First                  WolShutdownL... {0}
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Ye nice. On first look I have one small correction to make. Transmit Buffers Should be equal or 2x time bigger that Receive Buffers. You send more packets than receive.
And maybe you should try with 2 , 3 and 4 queues to see whats best for your system. I run with 3 for example. There is no test that i know that can show you which is best so it up to you and what you feel it works better in game.
You disabled all power save features (except one). Like you need to do with CPU- hardware and software related power saving features. Like the Power Options in windows Power Plan. You should disable the as well. Right now with my Power Plan my frequency stays more time at highest speeds - 5.3ghz and less at 5.295 or 5.297.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:Ye nice. On first look I have one small correction to make. Transmit Buffers Should be equal or 2x time bigger that Receive Buffers. You send more packets than receive.
And maybe you should try with 2 , 3 and 4 queues to see whats best for your system. I run with 3 for example. There is no test that i know that can show you which is best so it up to you and what you feel it works better in game.
You disabled all power save features (except one). Like you need to do with CPU- hardware and software related power saving features. Like the Power Options in windows Power Plan. You should disable the as well. Right now with my Power Plan my frequency stays more time at highest speeds - 5.3ghz and less at 5.295 or 5.297.
Thanks for corrections.
You are abs. right. It was my stupid mistake. Somehow I exchanged transmit and receive buffers in my head. LOL
About power plan ... it is the last one - right? I wasnt sure what it does so I left it ON. I will disable.
For RSS queues I have options 1, 2 and 4 ... will experiment and report.

This settings as they are now lover my ping (if that is possible) from 48 to 36 ... ?? And the in game feeling is great.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

About power plan ?!? I was talking about 2 different things. Fisrt about the power safe feature u left on (u can leave it on, no harm) WOL & Shutdown Link Speed - 10 Mbps First/
The 2nd thing i talked was about my Windows Power Options and my Custom Power Plan.
This: https://gyazo.com/5e72db315720baa511fad675d3af4f48

ps. I know u play CSGO. Many play it with vibrance on higher than normal.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/saturationtoggler/
xbacox2010

Post by xbacox2010 »

@n1kobg please share your power Windows Power Options and my Custom Power Plan

@st1cky
great bat you make good job file but please update :D
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:About power plan ?!? I was talking about 2 different things. Fisrt about the power safe feature u left on (u can leave it on, no harm) WOL & Shutdown Link Speed - 10 Mbps First/
The 2nd thing i talked was about my Windows Power Options and my Custom Power Plan.
This: https://gyazo.com/5e72db315720baa511fad675d3af4f48

ps. I know u play CSGO. Many play it with vibrance on higher than normal.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/saturationtoggler/
First things first. I am set to understand (just a little bit) the elements of good NIC settings. I will come to power plan optimisations and BIOS tweaking in time. Its that I just dont like jumping too far.
Nice link for MTU setting
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/695

p.s. I personaly set colour vibrance to 60 - 65% from Nvida Control panel. I am at low level CSGO and I just cant stand that screaming colours. So thanks but 60 - 70 - 75% max is enough for me.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Yeah, this site dslreports.com is good but it doesnt work for me, Ive test 2 connections there.Every time i test my connection it gives me unacurate results or the tool dont work for my connection. For people in USA that may work but at least for me the tools & speed tests they have not working.Good thing is you can check some info there.
I just saw i didnt post the right "right click options" file :) Instead I post the raw file from my registry I used for base.

Unfortunately I dont have test bench or at least a 2nd PC where I can test my tweaks more closely. Virtual machine is the alternative but not for all tweaks + Ive disabled all unnecessary services in order to reduce the system's footprint.
I'll post it but I decided to reduce it a bit. i hope it works fine. Please give me a feedback if everything is ok or something else you noticed. Actually they both still needs to be refined along with the Game Power Plan.
So thats on-the-work version i guess.Ill post the final later on. Youmay see options which you can change.Im not sure its because of the different CPUs or something else.

https://mega.nz/#!p5JwgRJQ!0fVKyQe8RGuR ... 0dqhslTQPU

If you have problems install it write me here. Sometimes the GUIDs are changing & thats one side to check if the install_Ultra_Gaming_Mode_n1kobg.bat doesnt work.
st1cky

Post by st1cky »

Something we need to fix guys is.
To turn Nagle Algorithm completely off.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh int tcp show supplemental

Globale TCP-Standardvorlage: internet

Zusätzliche TCP-Parameter
----------------------------------------------
Mindest-RTO (ms) : 300
Anfängliches Überlastungsfenster (MSS) : 10
Überlastungssteuerungsanbieter : cubic
Neustart des Überlastungsfensters aktivieren : disabled
Zeitüberschreitung für verzögerte Bestätigung (ms) : 40 { NAGLE }
Häufigkeit für verzögerte Bestätigung : 2 { NAGLE }

RACK aktivieren : enabled
Tail Loss Probe aktivieren : enabled

SettingName : Internet
MinRto(ms) : 300
InitialCongestionWindow(MSS) : 10
CongestionProvider : CUBIC
CwndRestart : False
DelayedAckTimeout(ms) : 40 { NAGLE }
DelayedAckFrequency : 2 { NAGLE }

MemoryPressureProtection : Disabled
AutoTuningLevelLocal : Normal
AutoTuningLevelGroupPolicy : NotConfigured
AutoTuningLevelEffective : Local
EcnCapability : Disabled
Timestamps : Disabled

InitialRto(ms) : 2000
ScalingHeuristics : Disabled
DynamicPortRangeStartPort : 49152
DynamicPortRangeNumberOfPorts : 16383
AutomaticUseCustom : Disabled
NonSackRttResiliency : Disabled
ForceWS : Enabled
MaxSynRetransmissions : 2
AutoReusePortRangeStartPort : 0

Registry Settings are not working. Maybe it never worked? Someone Tested the Nagle Registry Fix? Maybe TCPNODELAY turn this 2 Settings off? I dont know.

====================================================================================================================================

About CSGO. I got very good Hitbox, now. On **** Internet i dont want to know what happens if you play with these Settings on a good Internet Connection.

Maybe someone wants to test it, too?

Net_graph var value: is much more stable, and reg improved on SWEDISH and NETHERLANDS servers.

What i did.

SettingName                     : Internet
MinRto(ms)                      : 300
InitialCongestionWindow(MSS)    : 10
[color="#FF0000"]CongestionProvider              : CUBIC[/color]
CwndRestart                     : False
DelayedAckTimeout(ms)           : 40
DelayedAckFrequency             : 2
MemoryPressureProtection        : Disabled
[color="#FF0000"]AutoTuningLevelLocal            : Normal[/color]
AutoTuningLevelGroupPolicy      : NotConfigured
AutoTuningLevelEffective        : Local
[color="#FF0000"]EcnCapability                   : Disabled
Timestamps                      : Disabled[/color]
InitialRto(ms)                  : 2000
[color="#FF0000"]ScalingHeuristics               : Disabled[/color]
DynamicPortRangeStartPort       : 49152
DynamicPortRangeNumberOfPorts   : 16383
AutomaticUseCustom              : Disabled
[color="#FF0000"]NonSackRttResiliency            : Disabled[/color]
ForceWS                         : Enabled
MaxSynRetransmissions           : 2
AutoReusePortRangeStartPort     : 0

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting

[color="#FF0000"]ReceiveSideScaling           : Disabled
ReceiveSegmentCoalescing     : Disabled
Chimney                      : Disabled
TaskOffload                  : Disabled[/color]
NetworkDirect                : Enabled
NetworkDirectAcrossIPSubnets : Blocked
[color="#FF0000"]PacketCoalescingFilter       : Disabled[/color]

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty

Name                      DisplayName                    DisplayValue                   RegistryKeyword RegistryValue  
----                      -----------                    ------------                   --------------- -------------  
Ethernet                  Flusssteuerung                [color="#FF0000"] Rx und Tx aktiviert            *FlowControl    {3}    [/color]        
Ethernet                  Interrupt-Drosselung           [color="#FF0000"]Deaktiviert                    *InterruptMo... {0}            [/color]
Ethernet                  IPv4-Prüfsummen abladen        [color="#800000"]Rx und Tx aktiviert            *IPChecksumO... {3}            [/color]
Ethernet                  Jumbo Packet                   Deaktiviert                    *JumboPacket    {1514}         
Ethernet                  Large-Send-Offload V2 (IPv4)  [color="#800000"] Deaktiviert                    *LsoV2IPv4      {0}            [/color]
Ethernet                  Large-Send-Offload V2 (IPv6)  [color="#800000"] Deaktiviert                    *LsoV2IPv6      {0}            [/color]
Ethernet                  Max. Anzahl RSS-Warteschlangen 2 Warteschlangen               *NumRssQueues   {2}            
Ethernet                  Protokoll-ARP-Abladung         Aktiviert                      *PMARPOffload   {1}            
Ethernet                  Protokoll-NS-Abladung          Aktiviert                      *PMNSOffload    {1}            
Ethernet                  Paketpriorität und VLAN        Paketpriorität und VLAN akt... *PriorityVLA... {3}            
Ethernet                  Empfangspuffer                 256                            *ReceiveBuffers {256}          
Ethernet                  RSS (Empfangsseitige Skalie... [color="#FF0000"]Aktiviert                      *RSS            {1}            [/color]
Ethernet                  Geschwindigkeit und Duplex     1,0 Gbit/s Vollduplex          *SpeedDuplex    {6}            
Ethernet                  TCP-Prüfsummen abladen (IPv4) [color="#FF0000"] Rx und Tx aktiviert            *TCPChecksum... {3}            [/color]
Ethernet                  TCP-Prüfsummen abladen (IPv6)  [color="#FF0000"]Rx und Tx aktiviert            *TCPChecksum... {3}            [/color]
Ethernet                  Übertragungspuffer             512                            *TransmitBuf... {512}          
Ethernet                  UDP-Prüfsummen abladen (IPv4)  [color="#FF0000"]Rx und Tx aktiviert            *UDPChecksum... {3}            [/color]
Ethernet                  UDP-Prüfsummen abladen (IPv6)  [color="#FF0000"]Rx und Tx aktiviert            *UDPChecksum... {3}            [/color]
Ethernet                  Akt. über Magic Packet         Deaktiviert                    *WakeOnMagic... {0}            
Ethernet                  Akt. bei Musterübereinstimmung Deaktiviert                    *WakeOnPattern  {0}            
Ethernet                  Adaptives Interframe-Spacing   Deaktiviert                    AdaptiveIFS     {0}            
Ethernet                  Energieeffizientes Ethernet    Aus                            EEELinkAdver... {0}            
Ethernet                  PME aktivieren                 Aktiviert                      EnablePME       {1}            
Ethernet                  Interrupt-Drosselungsrate    [color="#FF0000"]  Aus                            ITR             {0}            [/color]
Ethernet                  Kompatibilitätsmodus für äl... Deaktiviert                    LinkNegotiat... {1}            
Ethernet                  Verbindungsereignis protoko... Deaktiviert                    LogLinkState... {16}           
Ethernet                  Gigabit Master/Slave-Modus     Automatische Erkennung         MasterSlave     {0}            
Ethernet                  Lokal verwaltete Adresse       --                             NetworkAddress  {--}           
Ethernet                  Geschw. beim Abschalten red... Deaktiviert                    ReduceSpeedO... {0}            
Ethernet                  Systemleerlauf-Energiesparo... Deaktiviert                    SipsEnabled     {0}            
Ethernet                  ULP-Modus                      Deaktiviert                    ULPMode         {0}            
Ethernet                  Auf Verbindung warten          Automatische Erkennung         WaitAutoNegC... {2}            
Ethernet                  Akt. bei Verbindung            Deaktiviert                    WakeOnLink      {0}    

n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

@st1cky
TcpAckFrequency to 1 is the maximum number of outstanding acknoledgements.Thats the minimum time it can operate. You cant make it to stop working. We need to operate as fast as possible. This is what we call to disable Nagles Algorithm. If you know how to lower the Delayed acknowledgment timeout from 40 to lower value thats will be great :) Delayed Confirmation Frequency: 2 is again the lowest you can get. If im missing something pls explain?

About the improved performance in CSGO I have a feeling its because you disable chimney, ReceiveSegmentCoalescing ,TaskOffload, Timestamps, EcnCapability. RSS & Checksum Offloading are useful depending on the system (and maybe the game) + its harder to see the difference on faster CPU. On slow CPUs offloading have to be enabled for sure IMO.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

@St1cky
If you compare our settings, you can see what is different. You changed CTCP and went on CUBIC. You have Autotuning enabled, which is the only thing I will experiment more. I have it on desabled and was thinking setting Highlyrestricted.
You have offloadings enabled, I am happy like this with disabled...

I would like to report what happens in CSGO (for n1kobg , we must start playing PUBG ... LOL) with my settings. What I did apart from the settings shown on page 3, is configure my router (I should have done that a long time ago). Its nothing much, but I made a simple external port forwarding setting for CSGO IP-s and I have set MTU on my router to be the same as in my OS settings, MTU = 1492. (BTW I have tested MTU 1240 for CSGO and it was horible)

So now the strangest thing happens when I connect to a CSGO server.
But first the base line ... My standard ping on my favourite server was always 45 -50 before joining this forum and experimenting wtih NIC and OS internet settings.

So now, In the first 5 seconds after connection, my ping is very high. Like 75 - 80.
But than it starts going down. After 30 seconds is at base level of 45 -50.
But than it goes further down. Like 1 - 2 every 10 seconds. After 2 minutes my ping goes down to 30 - 32.
And it stays there. As this is a casual server with 36 players, depending on server load, my ping will rise back to maybe 40 - 45 for full server load. As soon as there is a moderate number of players on the server and thus server is not overloaded, my ping goes down.
On other servers , where number of players is smaller, I have gone from 32 - 38 to low as 16 !!!!!

I am talking about ping number that is shown besides the player when you press "TAB" (in CSGO)
Although this number might not be really a ping but some kind of ping indicator, this shows me that we ARE on the right track and that my system adapts to server condition and internet grid in general and manages to bring out the maximum.
What I like even more is that this adaptation process is not erratic but is slow and gentle, so it doesnt upset my game.

My hitreg is OK, depending on servers and maps. Steam servers - hitreg is excelent, nonsteam servers - depends on a map (just concluded that I will erase and reinstall the maps with bad hitreg).
This is also important to notice ... as I play mostly on an nonsteam server(CSROG) where most of my friends hang out, and as it is a dust 2 server, /new Dust2, Old dust2, Dust2 - winter..../ some maps have excelent hitreg, but one map in particular is avfull for me in terms of hitreg.... so I conclude that hitreg has something to do with map optimisation also (am I wrong).

So to conclude I will test with different Autotuning settings although my system does some kind of tuning as it is, and please give me your opinion about my ping or better jet ping indicator behaviour.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

jack37. You should always set your router and your windows MTU to be equal values. Good timing, just last night I wrote about the MTU. BTW I think thats what hepened here. Your ping is high at the beginning because your PC and the Server are making test and are trying to determine the highest non fragmented MTU value so they send back & forth few packets. :)
Yes you should of optimize your router at day one :) The fact that your ping make such big ping drop tells me your system is not fully optimized. Either that or you have issues with your router or net provider. If you are the only one whos using the internet connection I strongly suggest you skip the router and plug the cable directly into the PC. If you have trouble call your ISP they should help you on the phone or send a technician to properly configure your setup.

I just finished patching few of my batch files into one big new file including System, Network Optimizations + some Services for disabling. It consists of old & new tweaks. I'll leave a day or 2 to clean the bugs or mistakes which Inevitably will make watching the screen for few hours. I decided to leave the Game Mode separate.
n1kobg

PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v1.0

Post by n1kobg »

ENJOY ;)

PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v1.0

* need tweaking

Please report the bugs here (im sure there will be bugs).
Ailurus

Post by Ailurus »

n1kobg wrote:ENJOY ;)

PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v1.0

https://mega.nz/#!94gHhTbQ!cHyXLa_CCmcW ... cVjgXZWZHE

Please report the bugs here (im sure there will be bugs).
Hello n1kobg, good afternoon I used your optimization files for my windows 10 v1709 after formatting, install drivers, programs and make different configurations. After using all the .bat options I literally broke windows and had to format again.

What I call broken is that it took a long time to load the operating system and stayed on the screen preparing windows ... after a while when that screen on the desktop passes, the programs and services loaded super slow, and after opening a window or a program, the windows was crooked saying the error does not respond

I hope you can continue retouching your optimization file, since I see it very interesting

Sorry for my awful english.
Greetings.
Ailurus

Post by Ailurus »

Ailurus wrote:Hello n1kobg, good afternoon I used your optimization files for my windows 10 v1709 after formatting, install drivers, programs and make different configurations. After using all the .bat options I literally broke windows and had to format again.

What I call broken is that it took a long time to load the operating system and stayed on the screen preparing windows ... after a while when that screen on the desktop passes, the programs and services loaded super slow, and after opening a window or a program, the windows was crooked saying the error does not respond

I hope you can continue retouching your optimization file, since I see it very interesting

Sorry for my awful english.
Greetings.
Hello again, after doing a few tests I found the error that happens to me that I freeze the pc, and is in the part of service modifications, I think that by deactivating a specific service or services, I miss the mentioned error previously, in which everything takes time to load.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Yes, thank you.
When I wrote your first post I realize I went too far with service optimizations. Ive made these tweaks in several different takes, never at once. The new Win 10 has different service dependencies. Thats why I made it on modules so you can use different sections of the file. Ill remove the link and tweak the services section. The reason your system took long time to boot is windows tried to fix WindowsStore. Thats what I think at least.

Can you confirm its from CDPUser and/or CDPSvc ??

You first have to disable Windows Store then disable them. What error did you get?

BTW after I did the tweaks my system restart for 5-7 seconds. I added new options now.To disable all Windows Apps except calculator (the only useful app) and to disable Windows Store. You still can use Windows Game Mode if you want to use it.
I just tried service optimizations without the services I think are problematic and everything is ok, Thats why I recommend step by step tweaking. Restart every time. thats the best approach. I could post all the tweak files separately but thats around 10 batch files.

If someone have to test the file in Virtual environment will be great.
Ailurus

Post by Ailurus »

The truth is that I have no idea what would be CDPUser and / or CDPSvc, but what I did to solve the problem was to modify the .bat and looking for internet information on how to modify the registry through a .bat, I went to the registration part in its file and change all the services from deactivated to automatic from 000004 to 000002 (4 to 2), I think that's it.

After doing that, restart pc and the problem that the pc was frozen was solved, so I do not know which service will be the specific to solve this problem

In case you want to know the version of the windows that I have installed is this: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... 4_bit.html

The windows store I have disabled and I think that in this retouched version and was deactivated

I could help you by making a virtual machine, I have no problem.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

Hello guys,
unfortunately I am still at NIC settings and experimenting...
Regarding this, here is an interesting link: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/net ... indows-10/
It is up to date explanation about 1-2 things we are debating here.

So folowing this, I made some tests and here are the results.
First about testing. The only way I can test stuff (if there is something better please advice) is by going to : http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest as it has a feature called "bufferbloat" (true readout???) and beside that is ingame feeling (CSGO).

So I changed CTCP to CUBIC and Autotuning from DISABLED to HIGHLY RESTRICTED.

DSLREPORTS results: Bufferbloat is in general lower (cca 10%) from previous settings (CTCP, Autotuning disabled) BUT every few seconds bufferbloat jumps to MAX (for a fraction of second)! As if my OS constantly pushes large amount of data just to see how much it can push through the internet. I find this strange , and I think this combo is better for quantity and not for pure speed. (OFC I am making conclusions about stuff I dont know anything about LOL)

Strangely in game feeling shows no signs of this bufferbloat spikes. The game IS a tiny bit slower (ping indicator is showing 10% higher ping than before - CTCP, no Autotuning).
Ping is more stable from the start, not like before High than going down.
No lag, no stuttering, no hickups, decent hitreg, but most importantly the game runs VERY VERY fluid and as said hitreg is still pretty decent.
Also I think energy consumption is better optimized with CUBIC because as soon as I changed to CUBIC my laptop fans stopped (?????????). Temps in general are a bit lower.

So to describe in another words, CTCP and no Autotuning is like riding a racing car which is fast but you feel every bump on the road and steering is precise but stiff, and CUBIC is 10%-15% towards a fast car but you still have some suspension and some indirect stearing .... well if you are into cars you will understand.

Surfing the web is just as equal as the game feeling. Just a fraction slower but a nicer experience. Pages open up withouth visible hickups but maybe 10% slower....

And please tell me how to attach pictures into this forum...

And will join you in testing the Performance Booster soon.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Ok thank you;. Virtual Machine will speed the thigs up. So services are the problem Did you had any other bugs? With other sections of the file ?

BTW st1cky that analogyu you made with cars is very accurate :)
I see bufferbloat mentioned only when testings normal everyday tasks & browsing. Im not sure its relevant for gaming. I could be wrong.
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:Ok thank you;. Virtual Machine will speed the thigs up. So services are the problem Did you had any other bugs? With other sections of the file ?

BTW st1cky that analogyu you made with cars is very accurate :)
NOT st1cky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad:
jack37

Post by jack37 »

Hahahahahahahahahaah
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Heres the corrected PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v2.0 file:

https://mega.nz/#!osBSwKBI!1g4INEORsy6j ... C3wmbii4EU

Please report the bugs and tell me if you have improvement and what you think about the batch.

ps. Oh Im sory jack37 :) Im rushing to prepare for going out. Im going to my grandparents. Im sory I mixed your name.Never the less good analogy ;)
jack37

Post by jack37 »

n1kobg wrote:Heres the corrected PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v2.0 file:

Please report the bugs and tell me if you have improvement and what you think about the batch.

ps. Oh Im sory jack37 :) Im rushing to prepare for going out. Im going to my grandparents. Im sory I mixed your name.
NO biggy at all! Nice work!!!!
Just in case rename the files to V_2.0, not to make confusion... When you get the time.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

I did renamed the files :) ?! Or maybe you nmean in the zip file itself yes. Like I said Im in a hurry :)
Ok see ya in few hours.
rakecikas

Post by rakecikas »

n1kobg wrote:Heres the corrected PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v2.0 file:

ps. Oh Im sory jack37 :) Im rushing to prepare for going out. Im going to my grandparents. Im sory I mixed your name.Never the less good analogy ;)
Im folllowing this thread from the begining and found something new from you guys, let you say thanks :) I tried this tweak file, well after applying and restarting windows it took quite a long loading time and after loading windows there was some problem with windows desktop. It freezed and popped up dialog box that windows explorer is not responding. After ~5min everythings was fine. All situation was very simillar like Ailurus described.
n1kobg

Post by n1kobg »

Hm. thank you. So what you re saying. Did the windows applied the Last Known Good Configuration or the tweaks were made successfully?
Ill have to reduce the number of the tweaks. I just realize that I want everything off and disabled to reduce the Windows footprint. Not everyone want to have only 28 services.Ill have to check them all services.
For me works perfectly fine.
xbacox2010

Post by xbacox2010 »

n1kobg add coreparking disable and msi gpu mode :D