Cloudflare network hacked

General Network security, firewalls, port filtering/forwarding, wireless security, anti-spyware, as well as spam control and privacy discussions.
Hacked

Cloudflare network hacked

Post by Hacked »

A group of hackers has taken over my cloudflare dns/HTTPS proxy server and started running many many servers from my platform. I’ve changed phones and phone numbers and they just follow and come right back. They are mostly active on port 443… and idea on how to stop them? Can I shut down the port?
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

You should be able to secure your Cloudflare account if you believe it's been compromised?

The way that DNS proxies work is they sit in the middle of requests to you, so requests are redirected, hiding your IPs and theoretically securing your connection somewhat. Blocking port 443 will just prevent traffic, but you should instead focus on securing your accounts and tackling the original problem.

What is your platform, what servers are running, how are you sure that the Cloudflare DNS proxy is the culprit?
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑