speedguide rules

Please post any questions, comments, concerns, issues, bugs, or feature requests about the site/forums/server here.
***ScrUm***

speedguide rules

Post by ***ScrUm*** »

well, my pc was in very bad shape before coming to speedguide .now my pc seems to just flow for once. it is like having a new pc. i am glad to have help of this nature and best of all its free Image hehe

------------------
Thank you for your time and efforts :)
***ScrUm***

Post by ***ScrUm*** »

just testing
primal
***ScrUm***

Post by ***ScrUm*** »

[img]file:///C:/My%20Documents/slayer/abysslogo2-[/img]

GGGGRRRRRR

[This message has been edited by ***ScrUm*** (edited 05-03-2000).]
Alcrest

Do not trust Speed Guide.net with your modem or computer

Post by Alcrest »

***ScrUm*** wrote:well, my pc was in very bad shape before coming to speedguide .now my pc seems to just flow for once. it is like having a new pc. i am glad to have help of this nature and best of all its free Image hehe

------------------
Thank you for your time and efforts :)
My external dial up modem was connecting at 921.6kbps. Then I use the SG optimizer and it went down to 26kbps and it took a lot to get it back up to 900kbps. I did a system restore and put all my AT commands back in the modem and it still would not connect at 900kbps. So after more troubleshooting I got to back up to 900kbps. I should have known something was wrong right then. I deleted the SG optimzer. Then I installed the SG vista patch and then rebooted my computer and it would not boot back up. I got a blue screen. I am typing this post from and very recently fully formatted computer because it was the only way to solve the problem. I lost all my favorite websites but my documents were preserved on a flash disk. I have venom in my veins for Speed Guide.net and am full of wrath and indignation. :mad: . They should not keep files on their website for people to download that are going to make their computer unbootable. Let me give you a warning. The next time you have that demon inspired desire to "tweak", "Optimize", "Boost" or "Overclock", do not do it. It will only leads to Blue screens of death and a dead computer. So the next time you hear from some "Expert" telling you you need to edit the registry for it to work "better" do not be a fool and believe them. Leave your computer on defaults. If the internet is not fast enough use ProxyConn or Propel if you are on dial up and Onspeed for broadband. I already know that this website is dedicated to "tweaking" so I know you will not listen to me until it is too late and your computers are all unbootable. So for the sake of God be CONTENT with your computer the way it is and your internet the way it is. As for all those "patches", simply saying use at your own risk is not enough, that is reckless and irresponsible leaving something on your website for someone to download and then it kills their computer. They should take it down. This is my first time posting in a forum, and I normally do not post anything, but I want people to know about this so that they do not have to find out the "Hard Way" like I did about "tweaking", "optimising", etc. Thankfully the hardware was not damaged by anything but it scared me a lot. Most computer problems I can solve. This one I could not. System Restore did not work! I know what you are thinking. I will just tweak my computer and optimize it and then if something goes wrong System Restore will fix it. Do Not Be So Deceived. System Restore did not fix it and Start Repair did not fix it. So, finally, if you computer is operating and rebooting without a problem and the internet is slow-leave it alone! That SG vista patch was supposed to only change internet settings but as you can see it destroyed my computer. You have be thoroughly warned!
RaisinCain

Post by RaisinCain »

^ Spam from an idiot.
Alcrest

Post by Alcrest »

RaisinCain wrote:^ Spam from an idiot.
Because this is listed under (Feedback, Suggestions and Questions) I will give some feedback and suggestions.
This post is made up of two parts. Part one, which is on topic and part two which is off topic.
Part one: I want to remind you that I am a member of this forum and that it is normally against forum rules to insult another forum member. I have read the terms and conditions for use of this website and unlike many other forums it does not explicitly talk about abusing another forum member. Also on topic, if you want to speed up your browsing experience without most likely getting a blue screen I suggest you to stay away from the TCP optimizer and SG vista patch and instead download the current version of Firefox. Then install the following add-ons: DNS Chroming 3.1 (in French), Fasterfox 3.9.8 (Use turbo-charged with enhanced prefetching), Speed DNS 0.2 (after you install Speed DNS go to tools under the menu bar and check “speed up DNS lookups” Then restart Firefox), Tweak Network 1.5.4 and use the “power” profile. This is optional, but you can also use SpeedyFox 1.6. This should increase your browsing speed SAFELY. I have been doing this for a long time and I am not new at this as some of you may think. If that is not enough speed, you can also install Proxyconn, OnSpeed, and Propel Accelerator for a price.
Part two, off topic, you may not know this but, be careful what you say about people. Prophets do still exist and because you insulted me, let me tell you something…………and whoever says, You cursed fool! [You empty-headed idiot!] shall be liable to {and} unable to escape the hell (Gehenna) of fire.
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Odds are something else was wrong with your PC if an SG patch caused your PC to BSOD.
RaisinCain

Post by RaisinCain »

Alcrest wrote:Because this is listed under (Feedback, Suggestions and Questions) I will give some feedback and suggestions.
This post is made up of two parts. Part one, which is on topic and part two which is off topic.
Part one: I want to remind you that I am a member of this forum and that it is normally against forum rules to insult another forum member. I have read the terms and conditions for use of this website and unlike many other forums it does not explicitly talk about abusing another forum member. Also on topic, if you want to speed up your browsing experience without most likely getting a blue screen I suggest you to stay away from the TCP optimizer and SG vista patch and instead download the current version of Firefox. Then install the following add-ons: DNS Chroming 3.1 (in French), Fasterfox 3.9.8 (Use turbo-charged with enhanced prefetching), Speed DNS 0.2 (after you install Speed DNS go to tools under the menu bar and check “speed up DNS lookups” Then restart Firefox), Tweak Network 1.5.4 and use the “power” profile. This is optional, but you can also use SpeedyFox 1.6. This should increase your browsing speed SAFELY. I have been doing this for a long time and I am not new at this as some of you may think. If that is not enough speed, you can also install Proxyconn, OnSpeed, and Propel Accelerator for a price.
Part two, off topic, you may not know this but, be careful what you say about people. Prophets do still exist and because you insulted me, let me tell you something…………and whoever says, You cursed fool! [You empty-headed idiot!] shall be liable to {and} unable to escape the hell (Gehenna) of fire.
Wow. That is some of the most ignorant gibberish i've heard in a long time. Stop the insanity.