Ok guys.. we need some tag control!

Please post any questions, comments, concerns, issues, bugs, or feature requests about the site/forums/server here.
Sava700

Ok guys.. we need some tag control!

Post by Sava700 »

I was doing a search and noticed this down at the bottom. Most of the tags don't make a lick of sense and if this isn't a wake up call I don't know what is. :wth:

YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

A wake up call from what? Its been this way sense day one.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

YARDofSTUF wrote:A wake up call from what? Its been this way sense day one.
We are on a Broadband site..a hardware/software site.

I have no damn clue what "Violent Cat Sex" has to do with any of that. The tags can be removed,changed or edited by every Mod here just as easy as text in every single thread or post is made. I think its time they are policed in a manner to avoid crap like that.

I mean come on..if you want to argue that your likely the one that has fueled this fire and are protecting your "Violent Cat Sex" desires or dreams.

Prime Example: Since you've posted here is what is in the tags
child actors guild, cloud, tag, tarzan make snuggie
Now I put in "Cloud and Tag" cause thats what we are talking about here.. but wth does child actors guild and tarzan make snuggie have to do with anything. Thats just stupid!
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Ya I added those. :D

Tagging has been this way sense Philip put them in, its fun.

Violent cat sex wasnt mine, maybe brembo or mad doc, I tend to go more food random.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

YARDofSTUF wrote:A wake up call from what? Its been this way sense day one.
sense day one? :D
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

YARDofSTUF wrote:Ya I added those. :D

Tagging has been this way sense Philip put them in, its fun.

Violent cat sex wasnt mine, maybe brembo or mad doc, I tend to go more food random.
But your missing the point of me bringing this up.... I tell ya a few of those are offensive.. the "violent cat sex" one is a prime example of being offensive to maybe not me but many others that visit the site. I think its a major turn off to a broadband,software,hardware site. Its a simple solution and that's to mod the tags in each thread..they are located right at the bottom and mods/admins have access to delete them, edit them, or add their own if need be.
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:sense day one? :D
FF Spellcheck is telling me thats what I want, sinse is what I typed, was I closer? lol
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Sava700 wrote:But your missing the point of me bringing this up.... I tell ya a few of those are offensive.. the "violent cat sex" one is a prime example of being offensive to maybe not me but many others that visit the site. I think its a major turn off to a broadband,software,hardware site. Its a simple solution and that's to mod the tags in each thread..they are located right at the bottom and mods/admins have access to delete them, edit them, or add their own if need be.
Nothing seems beyond PG13 to me. Modding tags on this site, or any other with equal or greater traffic would be a PITA.

I'm not missing your point, I just don't think its a big issue or know why you waited so long to complain.
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Coming from a staff perspective this was something we never really monitored. Ironically though after seeing some of the listed tags it did come to the staffs attention more. It's still something that is easy to miss, but we will be looking to monitor those a little more closely. Naturally using tags that actually have something to do with the topic allows for easier search results.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

YARDofSTUF wrote:Nothing seems beyond PG13 to me. Modding tags on this site, or any other with equal or greater traffic would be a PITA.

I'm not missing your point, I just don't think its a big issue or know why you waited so long to complain.
I said something about them once before several weeks ago but can't remember when or what thread I said it in.

I enjoy the site for its purpose... even you help some in the other sections so I think its time we monitored the tags..and not just the mods/admins I say we cause its all of us that make the site what it is...and I don't agree one bit with thinking its ok to put tags in like "violent cat sex" regardless what the topic is. There needs to be some sort of control and I'd hope I'm not the only one that thinks this either.
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Sava700 wrote:I said something about them once before several weeks ago but can't remember when or what thread I said it in.

I enjoy the site for its purpose... even you help some in the other sections so I think its time we monitored the tags..and not just the mods/admins I say we cause its all of us that make the site what it is...and I don't agree one bit with thinking its ok to put tags in like "violent cat sex" regardless what the topic is. There needs to be some sort of control and I'd hope I'm not the only one that thinks this either.
If you see something Sava just report the problem and we will look into it. Naturally this is the case for any member. :)
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

So if there was a news article about a guy who voilently assaulted a cat, it wouldn't be ok then? :D
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

YARDofSTUF wrote:So if there was a news article about a guy who voilently assaulted a cat, it wouldn't be ok then? :D
If the dude sexually assaulted the cat then yeah it would be fine. :D
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Roody wrote:If you see something Sava just report the problem and we will look into it. Naturally this is the case for any member. :)
sure..I usually do but I just did a search and boom...there is this cloud from who knows where they all came from. :confused: :confused: I guess this thread is my way of reporting the BIG problem
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

YARDofSTUF wrote:So if there was a news article about a guy who voilently assaulted a cat, it wouldn't be ok then? :D
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Sava700 wrote:sure..I usually do but I just did a search and boom...there is this cloud from who knows where they all came from. :confused: :confused: I guess this thread is my way of reporting the BIG problem
I can honestly say I don't recall to many Reported posts regarding tags. That said anything specific you can find would be appreciated. Once I have access to my home pc tomorrow (I am having Comcast put in tomorrow at my new place) I will be back up and running regarding reported posts.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Roody wrote:I can honestly say I don't recall to many Reported posts regarding tags. That said anything specific you can find would be appreciated. Once I have access to my home pc tomorrow (I am having Comcast put in tomorrow at my new place) I will be back up and running regarding reported posts.
I do believe there is a way to delete the current tag cloud to start over... cause obviously this is something we need now. I've contacted vB about having some way to track who puts what tags up on threads for a future update along with jaws suggestion a while back about being about to ignore quotes of others you ignore that others post up.
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Sava700 wrote:I do believe there is a way to delete the current tag cloud to start over... cause obviously this is something we need now. I've contacted vB about having some way to track who puts what tags up on threads for a future update along with jaws suggestion a while back about being about to ignore quotes of others you ignore that others post up.
If you don't mind drop me a PM with what you hear from vB. :)
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Roody wrote:If you don't mind drop me a PM with what you hear from vB. :)
well its not big secret..at first they said take a look at .org for hacks on it..but I replied back about integrating it into a future upgrade vs adjusting code I have to keep up with when doing upgrades on templates.....I really hate that.

So far no other reply so they are either thinking about it or blew me off... *shrugs*
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

:rotfl:
owned by pac0z atm

Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Sava700 wrote:well its not big secret..at first they said take a look at .org for hacks on it..but I replied back about integrating it into a future upgrade vs adjusting code I have to keep up with when doing upgrades on templates.....I really hate that.

So far no other reply so they are either thinking about it or blew me off... *shrugs*
Yeah that's the biggest inconvience regarding adjusting code and upgrades.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Roody wrote:Yeah that's the biggest inconvience regarding adjusting code and upgrades.
Well I've gotten rather good at it here lately... even had to adjust some code myself to get certain things to work *pat on back*

But yeah annoying to say the least..
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

The problem is tag moderation is lacking... There is no way to search for particular tags, you don't see what threads they're linked to, which ones are popular, alphabetical listing, etc.

I'll clean them up a bit.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Philip wrote:The problem is tag moderation is lacking... There is no way to search for particular tags, you don't see what threads they're linked to, which ones are popular, alphabetical listing, etc.

I'll clean them up a bit.
Thanks Phillip..but ya know a suggest here would be to remove the tag options from the General forum... they are not needed when we talk about random stuff vs what the other sections have. I think they can be turned off for registered users or whatever group for each forum in the forum permissions.
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Sava700 wrote:Thanks Phillip..but ya know a suggest here would be to remove the tag options from the General forum... they are not needed when we talk about random stuff vs what the other sections have. I think they can be turned off for registered users or whatever group for each forum in the forum permissions.
That would stop my random spam tagging, I only do it in gen pop.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

YARDofSTUF wrote:That would stop my random spam tagging, I only do it in gen pop.
exactly
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

YARDofSTUF wrote:That would stop my random spam tagging, I only do it in gen pop.
Messing with gen pop is a dangerous game. Few people know who secretly runs things after the SG riots. All the mods and admins are just alias accounts..
Poor YoS :(
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

^ That was a good show.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

lol man we have gotta get a hold to the tags here guys, most of them now are good and fit the forums but wtf!?
things that fit in anus

perverts cross-country drive
:wth:

PsykoPenguin

Post by PsykoPenguin »

brembo is my hero
o_o
"I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"