Price Drop Ryzen 5000 series

Anything related to hardware (CPU/MoBo/Video/FSB/BIOS, etc.), hardware settings, overclocking, cooling, cool cases, case mods, hardware mods, post pics of your unique creations here.
Easto
SG Elite

Price Drop Ryzen 5000 series

Post by Easto »

Since my boards bios will take up to a Ryzen 9 5950X I've been watching the price. I'm not at the point of upgrading yet since this new PC was just built 4 months ago. But Newegg is showing them at $499 with a $60 promo code that drops this bad boy down to $440. That's awesome. Even though I don't need it, it's very tempting.
Mark

Post by Mark »

that's the CPU i have been wanting for a long time, i so want to build a new system, but just can't seem to pull the trigger, mine has been running fine since 11-2013 with a few different drive configurations and one video card upgrade, and pretty much does what i need it to do.

i know when i built this i wanted a long upgrade path but OMG this is nuts LOL

thanks for the heads up
7950x~64GBGskill6000~asusx670e~rx6800~2TBNvme-OS drive~4TB-Nvme-scratch~500GB-SSD-thrash~10TB storage~Windows 10
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

AMD's Zen3 spanking Intel pretty dang hard....love 'em!
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Well, almost 1 year later and I'm still waiting for a substantial price drop. Today Micro Center have them for $469. The best price in a very long time but I'm still holding out.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Can't wait for Intel to finally get down to 7nm and introduce some meaningful competition, this would put some pressure on AMD to reduce prices a bit.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
PeterBrodbeck

Post by PeterBrodbeck »

Intel has been struggling with the transition to 7nm for some time now, and while they have made progress, it is not clear when they will finally launch products using this process node. Meanwhile, AMD is increasing market share with its 7nm products Ryzen and EPYC.
But, it's good that there is competition between Intel and AMD - it's always good for us - it can lead to a price reduction. But this is conditional: usually prices are reduced for older products after the release of new ones. And we, consumers, need to dream about the latest processors and technologies.
In general, it is difficult to predict what the future holds for the semiconductor industry, but without Intel and AMD, life on earth cannot continue!